It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-04-2004, 07:01 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Destea HB User
Seven more days...

Ugh, it feels like it's been forever. My boyfriend has been in South America for the past 18 days... I'm just checking in because I know a few of you wanted me to keep you updated on how I was doing (thanks ).

He managed to find an internet cafe and has kept me up to date - I don't know how many of you saw the whole thing that happened (The brides brother of this whole shindig broke his neck.. turns out his surgery was successful, but he has only very limited movement in his hands currently, so it's still touch and go - my bf decided to continue on the trip, every one was just so glad the boy was alive...).

He's emailed and called a few times since, and he definitely seems to be feeling more open and affectionate after all that's happened. I hope it's true that when he gets home he comes back realizing what he has in me. I'm partially afraid that it's just the whole "missing" thing, he might come back and be just amazing for a while, then settle back into being a little unappreciative?

I guess he was never in the extreme with that, he's been pretty good about it - but he's made me so excited for his return! Seriously the things he's said on the phone, all of the times he's called because he said he just needed to hear my voice and missed me. He seems to be on the same wave length, saying he can't wait to just come home and sit on the couch and watch movies with me again (ironically, that's one of the things I miss the most right now, just cuddling and watching movies too) - things like that.

So... I've been doing okay I guess. I miss him terribly, but I haven't been some home-bound weeping pile of whiney-ness. Thank goodness. Actually I don't think I've cried since the first week he was gone O.o One more week - and he'll be back home with me (next Saturday).

I don't know how everything will effect him once it hits home (the accident, his saving the guys life... everything) and he's no longer distracted by vacation events - but he said he thinks I'll be good therapy to help him absorb everything.

Seven more days still feels like forever, but I'm finally starting to let myself get a little excited about his return... before it just seemed like too far away, impossibly far! Now... just one more week!

I've had friends in town from Chicago since last Saturday, they go home next Tuesday, so I've been keeping extremely busy - and I'm off work until the 14th, unless I decide to go back sooner to pass the time.

Anyway.. that's the update. I miss him... really wish he was back home already, but it's only 7 more days now, I think I can do that just fine at this point. What's 7 after 18, right?

Time can still feel free to zip by I've had enough 'absense of the love of my life' time thank-you-very-much!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-04-2004, 07:55 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User
Re: Seven more days...

Good going!!!
Next thing you know you'll be on here advising someone else how to get through an absence like yours was!!

Old 06-05-2004, 02:51 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User

Yep. I was wondering what was the status of that whiney one.

I'm glad to hear the good news on the young kid, but he probably will have a long way to go with therapy. Your guy did good by taking the action he did and most likely prevented further permanent injury, not to mention saving his life.

Only seven more days. It's on the down side. 'Seven' days will be here and gone in no time. Just think of it as 'one' week.

Those kind of unexpected tragic events tend to have a permanent impact/affect on many people. Hopefully, he realizes now what he has with you and be more appreciative the next time and have enough sense to take you with him on his next vacation!

Old 06-05-2004, 07:08 AM   #4
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Wow its been 18 days allready....I am sure its been slow for you but it zip fairly quickly for me. You have 7 days left and made it quite well..Let the count down begin.

Old 06-06-2004, 09:52 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

WOW - time goes by fast...One more week.
YOU DID IT! You survived as we told you and kept yourself busy. We're proud of YOU!

I'm so glad your boyfriend kept in touch with you and kept telling you how much he missed you. It tooked this trip and everything that happened to him to appreciate you and you kept him grounded to where he wants to be the most - With You! You should be very Proud of Yourself.

Last edited by GirlHarley; 06-06-2004 at 09:53 AM.

Closed Thread