It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-08-2004, 04:25 PM   #1

AliDawn823 HB User
Well, I made it through the afternoon

Without emailing him. Small step but big accomplishment for me. We used to email each other constantly during working hours so it's hard to sit there and stare at your email wanting him to write but knowing he won't. Now, I'm at home, alone with my dog, wishing I could fast-forward my life one month and be through this sadness. Just a few weeks ago, he was telling me about all these places he wanted to take me and what we were going to do when my brother came to town. OH well, that's life I guess.

Just needed to get that out. I feel much better when I write things on here.

Old 06-08-2004, 04:40 PM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: Well, I made it through the afternoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliDawn823
Without emailing him. Small step but big accomplishment for me. We used to email each other constantly during working hours so it's hard to sit there and stare at your email wanting him to write but knowing he won't. Now, I'm at home, alone with my dog, wishing I could fast-forward my life one month and be through this sadness. Just a few weeks ago, he was telling me about all these places he wanted to take me and what we were going to do when my brother came to town. OH well, that's life I guess.

It is hard through the first stages but you need to be strong and thinking what was going on a few weeks back. Look into the future....Right now you have you and your dog. Your dog could be a big influence. dogs are very happy and great to comfort when lonely. Stay strong...I know you can do it

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-08-2004, 05:00 PM   #3

AliDawn823 HB User

You're so right about dogs - mine has been my godsend. He knows when I'm upset and always curls in my lap

Old 06-08-2004, 06:33 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:

Hang in there Ali. I myself never understood how some people can go from daily contact through phone and email to NOTHING practically overnight. It's just beyond me. I mean, don't they miss the daily chat, the sound of your voice, the closeness? I am terrible at getting over a relationship. It takes me years sometimes because I get so emotionally attached. I really hope it's not the case with you. To be honest, I am afraid to fall in love again because I SO hate the breakups and the hurt is so unbearable. Do you come from a divorced family by any chance? I do and I think that might have something to do with how hard we take it when someone leaves us. Anyway, you're doing great so far. Take care of yourself and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

Old 06-09-2004, 03:42 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Yeah, I agree - these forums are great - too bad they weren't around When I needed them.

I'm with you Sophia and AliDawn - I have too been in your shoes. I would stay home for No reason just the hopes if the phone would ring...

Take one day at a time - This is also when I would tell myself to Get A Life and to never depend on a man for all my entertainment - sure, easier said then done, because when your happy you want to spend all your time with them - they call we jump - I posted on another thread yesterday when I said
when your seeing someone you still need your own Time away from the person to do whatever it is you enjoy just for you.

AliDawn - take a ride to Barnes & Noble, get a coffee or your fav.latte drink, grab a book and relax at Barnes & Noble, if you like the book your reading -
Buy It take it home and curl up with your dog and enjoy your reading.

Also, surf the web for activities or happenings in your area, or your newspaper. Join a Healthclub or a club of your interest - take your Dog for a walk in a park - Just Keep thinking of Things for you to do, instead of thinking what was - Think Forward....

Have a great day -

Last edited by GirlHarley; 06-09-2004 at 03:42 AM.

Old 06-09-2004, 06:58 AM   #6
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
You're so right about dogs - mine has been my godsend. He knows when I'm upset and always curls in my lap

See you are not lonely..hang in there

Old 06-09-2004, 09:40 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball61
See you are not lonely..hang in there
Speaking of dogs (and sorry to get off topic), I saw the MOST ADORABLE English Bulldog puppy yesterday! He was 9 weeks old and such a cutie. I couldn't resist petting him and he licked my leg! I'm in love. All I can think of is that I want that English Bulldog puppy. Corey, what's the other dog you have besides the pitt bull? English bulldog by any chance?

Old 06-09-2004, 09:45 AM   #8
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaM
Speaking of dogs (and sorry to get off topic), I saw the MOST ADORABLE English Bulldog puppy yesterday! He was 9 weeks old and such a cutie. I couldn't resist petting him and he licked my leg! I'm in love. All I can think of is that I want that English Bulldog puppy. Corey, what's the other dog you have besides the pitt bull? English bulldog by any chance?

English bulldogs are cute...You should get it. Dogs are great; they are loveable, cute, friendly, and rarely talk back.

Old 06-09-2004, 12:14 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
English bulldogs are cute...You should get it. Dogs are great; they are loveable, cute, friendly, and rarely talk back.
Yeah, I'd love to have one but most buildings where I live, including mine, don't allow dogs. Have to wait till I have a house one day.

Old 06-09-2004, 12:23 PM   #10
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Yeah, I'd love to have one but most buildings where I live, including mine, don't allow dogs. Have to wait till I have a house one day.

Even going to the pet store of a down day to see one can be rewarding and have a good feeling to it.

Old 06-09-2004, 12:47 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Even going to the pet store of a down day to see one can be rewarding and have a good feeling to it.
Oh well, so much for me owning a bulldog. Here's the info I found about them on one of the breeder sites:

"They snore very loudly, and most have drool and slobber tendencies."

I could not live with a dog or a man who snores loudly and has drool and slobber tendencies. They also look A LOT cuter while puppies, sadly (sigh)

Last edited by SophiaM; 06-09-2004 at 12:48 PM.

Old 06-09-2004, 12:50 PM   #12
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
"They snore very loudly, and most have drool and slobber tendencies."
Man & dog are very similar but at least dogs don't speak english so your better off single....lol Just kidding

Last edited by eightball61; 06-09-2004 at 12:50 PM.

Old 06-09-2004, 01:03 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Man & dog are very similar but at least dogs don't speak english so your better off single....lol Just kidding
Hey, I never said I would not put up with an english speaking dog. Or a man. LOL English speaking dogs and men are fine with me. Even if they're not multilingual--it's still fine. Just no drooling and slobbering. And definitely NO loud snoring. Ain't I easygoing?

Old 06-09-2004, 01:10 PM   #14
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Just no drooling and slobbering.

What happens if it was over you?

Old 06-09-2004, 01:18 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
What happens if it was over you?
Drooling over me? Hmm, you have a point. Yes, I would say that's acceptable. But the no snoring rule still stands.

Closed Thread