It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2004, 01:41 PM   #1
Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User
Update

Didn't want to infringe on fred's thread.

Dh has agreed to go to the halfway house. He won't be home until September. He talked about coming home for a few days before going, but his counselor didn't think it was a good idea. To be honest, neither did I. I still go from docile to ****** off to hysterically crying in 2.5 seconds. Not very productive. Normal. But not productive.

Anyway, all I can say is we'll see. I have told him I can't make him any promises. It's up to him to do what he needs to do. He either will or he won't. On the positive side, I have painted everything but the spare bedroom! My way of keeping busy! hehe

He just called and gave me the address and website of the halfway house he is going to. Sheesh! It's nicer than OUR place!! Maybe I should go to a halfway house for a few months!

Old 06-10-2004, 01:49 PM   #2
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: Update

Its so good to hear from you

Time may go slow but September is only about 2 1/2 months away. Going to the halfway house should be able to help him out in a lot of ways. Its good that he gave you the contact information so you both can stay connected.

Just keep yourself busy painting or other things around the house and Sept. will be here in no time.

Stay strong and nice to hear from ya.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-10-2004, 01:52 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

It's good to hear your husband's therapy is going well and you seem to be in better spirits as well. I think it's good he went for it "all the way." Shows that he's really serious about it. Hang in there and keep us updated. I'm off for today. Have a good day!

Old 06-10-2004, 01:53 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Oh, and if you run out of houses to paint, you're always welcome to paint my apartment! It needs to be revamped badly.

Old 06-10-2004, 03:03 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

HI Pal! I sure do miss your posts....I was just thinking about you and wanted to start a thread or go find you on this board and tell you......
I miss your posts to the other heartbroken souls out there - They need you as much as you need them...

Although - I read your post to FRED - there's my girl...NICE POST!

Are you OK with DH going to a halfway house? Till September...Is it near your place? AND your not going to no halfway house - you either come on this board or go get pampered at a SPA.....

Also, I'm still trying to get the courage or time for a post for you to tell you my story - I think it will surprise you and maybe you'll understand why I keep telling you....I understand what your going through. You hang in there and HERE - I want to see some of your outstanding posts again - take a load off of yours for awhile....(not that I'm in any way shape or form saying what your are going through is not extreme painful) Sometimes you need to take a day off from your own troubles...

Old 06-11-2004, 06:08 AM   #6
Inactive

newlywedgurl HB User

Thank you Girl Harley, Eightball, and Sophia.

Am I ok with him going to the halfway house? Well, I really don't know. So many mixed feelings. His counselors feel that he needs the extra time to "live" the program outside of the rehab before coming home. Plus, I don't think I'm ready to have him home yet. But September seems like a lifetime from now. I will likely go visit him in a month or so. I still need some time for me. He talked about coming home for the weekend before going to the halfway house, but his counselors were afraid he wouldn't come back down there. I tend to agree. He'd be too tempted to stay here. My mom's not much of a help though..."I'd go bust him out and bring him home." Well, geez. I'd love to. But that might not be the best thing. The halfway house is over 8 hours away. Dh's parents said they would pay for a plane ticket and hotel so that I can go see him. That's great and all. But newlywedgurl has never flown before and is petrified. Guess no better time to deal with every POSSIBLE fear I could have, right?

Old 06-11-2004, 06:28 AM   #7

caregiver HB User

I don't post very often but have been reading some of your posts. I don't know the whole story but I am happy for you that DH is making some progress. Good luck and hang in there!

Old 06-11-2004, 06:58 AM   #8
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by newlywedgurl
Thank you Girl Harley, Eightball, and Sophia.

Am I ok with him going to the halfway house? Well, I really don't know. So many mixed feelings. His counselors feel that he needs the extra time to "live" the program outside of the rehab before coming home. Plus, I don't think I'm ready to have him home yet. But September seems like a lifetime from now. I will likely go visit him in a month or so. I still need some time for me. He talked about coming home for the weekend before going to the halfway house, but his counselors were afraid he wouldn't come back down there. I tend to agree. He'd be too tempted to stay here. My mom's not much of a help though..."I'd go bust him out and bring him home." Well, geez. I'd love to. But that might not be the best thing. The halfway house is over 8 hours away. Dh's parents said they would pay for a plane ticket and hotel so that I can go see him. That's great and all. But newlywedgurl has never flown before and is petrified. Guess no better time to deal with every POSSIBLE fear I could have, right?

The counselors are there to guide him in the right decisions for him to go through the rehab. Its good that you are agreeing with them and seeing there points to some stuff.

September is a ways away but this will give you the time to think things through and at the same time you husband will be getting good treatment. I hope all works out & keep us updated

Closed Thread