It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2004, 12:50 PM   #1
(male)

lamal3 HB User
How to get the girl to chase after the guy?

What are some tips out there that can make a girl chase after me? I feel like I'm the one who is always chasing after the girl. Should I call less and let her call me instead? Do girls lose interest in the guy if he calls too often or emails? For a guy like me I find it really hard to control myself. When I fall head over heels for a girl I want to be with her all the time but at the same time I know it's not good. ANy sugguestions?

Old 07-05-2004, 09:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

vintagegirl HB User
Re: How to get the girl to chase after the guy?

Don't play games. It's an immature way of communicating. If you like the girl, then let it progress naturally. Go with her cues. If she behaves as if you are crowding her, ask her if you are, then do what seems appropriate. Most girls will tell you that if the guy does not call or email, they will think he is not interested and move on.

My girlfriend just kicked a 35 year old to the curb for this...sad that some "men" this age prefer to be mistaken for 13 year olds rather than just be themselves.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-06-2004, 08:12 AM   #3
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Nothing really changes from elementry school. Girls loved to be chased around(correct me if I am wrong). They like a man coming up to them and talking to them. Don't do it in a way that would chase them away though.

Another thing you can try is when you go out. Dress in clean vut cloths to get noticed and wear nice colon.

Old 07-06-2004, 08:43 AM   #4
Inactive

joquiero HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamal3
What are some tips out there that can make a girl chase after me? I feel like I'm the one who is always chasing after the girl. Should I call less and let her call me instead? Do girls lose interest in the guy if he calls too often or emails? For a guy like me I find it really hard to control myself. When I fall head over heels for a girl I want to be with her all the time but at the same time I know it's not good. ANy sugguestions?
I'm a girl and I GUARANTEE you this will work.

Firstly, get yourself in shape, iron your clothes, take care of unibrows, fingernails etc - NO girl will chase a guy who is a slob!! (i'm not suggesting you ARE like this, just in case you ARE like this!!)

Secondly, be friendly and all, but keep a little mistery - be ever so slightly aloof. If you meet a girl, keep it very lighthearted, have fun, laugh. Don't be all serious and don't hit on her either.

Let HER say to you 'we should hang out sometime' and then say 'yeah, sure' (enthusiastically, but not TOO much) and keep it at that let her then let her mention it again and THEN exchange number - but let her give you hers first.

I'm not saying play games - these are not games - its just all about the restraint. You have to realize that females are bombarded with flirtatious requiest, wolf whistles etc by guys ALL the time. Its such a pain in the *** to be hit on and so, when a guy does NOT hit on you, it makes you take notice!!

Also, if you meet someone you like and you start hanging out, don't NOT call - make sure you DO call her - just let her breathe. Focus also on your life and your friends. Make her part of your life, just don't make her your entire existance.

Being overly flirtatious didn't work for Pepe La Pew, and it won't work for you.

Old 07-06-2004, 08:46 AM   #5
Inactive

joquiero HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball61
Girls loved to be chased around(correct me if I am wrong). .

wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong!!! I'm a girl and I HATE being chased - especially as 99% I'm NOT interested in!! it makes me avoid guys.

By the way, I saw my ex in public and thought he looked SO hot and loved the fact that he didn't come up to me with the usual 'so, whats your name' crap. (when guys do that, we girls wonder how many other girls he did that to today) I was the one that approached HIM!!! I wrote my name and phone number in lip stick and went up to him!!

Girls like to be in the driving seat sometimes!!

Last edited by joquiero; 07-06-2004 at 08:47 AM.

Old 07-06-2004, 08:56 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

I agree with Joquiero except for one thing. When you have been talking to the girl for a while, I think you should be the one to suggest going out some time and ask for her number. A lot of girls would not volunteer their number to you or going out with you unless you ask. I am this way. No matter how much I like the guy, I will not ask him out first. If he does not suggest getting together, I will assume he's not interested. Another very important thing to avoid: don't hand her your business card and tell her to call you. Some guys apparently think it's acting nonchalant, but it really comes across as rude. Just ask for her number, and you can give her yours. But the advice about not coming on too strong is right on the money.

Old 07-06-2004, 09:04 AM   #7
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joquiero

Girls like to be in the driving seat sometimes!!

Girls do like to be in the driving seat but I work at a lot of bars and club and I see girls love getting the attention of a guy. It doesn't mean that they are going home with them but they like the attention and the talking.

You may be the type that doesn't like it but I have seen and heard many girls on here say they like a man to be the one to go up to them to break the ice. It is a 2-way street and should be worked both ways. To some girls it may be a turn off but how are you suppose to meet someone if they don't talk to you?

Old 07-06-2004, 09:10 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Jeff, I agree with you. Someone has to make the first move, right?

Btw, where is Corey? Corey, are you back? We (I) miss you.

Old 07-06-2004, 09:19 AM   #9
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaM
Jeff, I agree with you. Someone has to make the first move, right?

Btw, where is Corey? Corey, are you back? We (I) miss you.
Let it be done or don't let it be done....lol

It wierd not having Corey here but hopefully it was just a temp.

Old 07-06-2004, 09:25 AM   #10
Inactive

joquiero HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightball61
Girls do like to be in the driving seat but I work at a lot of bars and club and I see girls love getting the attention of a guy. It doesn't mean that they are going home with them but they like the attention and the talking.

You may be the type that doesn't like it but I have seen and heard many girls on here say they like a man to be the one to go up to them to break the ice. It is a 2-way street and should be worked both ways. To some girls it may be a turn off but how are you suppose to meet someone if they don't talk to you?
I think the type of girls who generally like attention are girls who don't often GET attention!!! I get attention all the time and it drives me nuts!! Even FEMALES hit on me!!

Old 07-06-2004, 09:30 AM   #11

RosaMay HB User

Quote:
I agree with Joquiero except for one thing. When you have been talking to the girl for a while, I think you should be the one to suggest going out some time and ask for her number. A lot of girls would not volunteer their number to you or going out with you unless you ask. I am this way. No matter how much I like the guy, I will not ask him out first. If he does not suggest getting together, I will assume he's not interested. Another very important thing to avoid: don't hand her your business card and tell her to call you. Some guys apparently think it's acting nonchalant, but it really comes across as rude. Just ask for her number, and you can give her yours. But the advice about not coming on too strong is right on the money.
I agree with Sophia. I don't like to do the chasing, because to me it feels unnatural. I want to be the one being chased after because it makes me feel good, feminine, beautiful, sexy, etc. etc. Sure I can be flirty among guys but I won't suggest a move.

I have done the chasing after thing only once and it didn't work out. It felt unnatural and this guy became lazy, wanting me to worship HIM. It just doesn't work that way. Call it biology or whatever. I will never be the active party again!
(Sophia, you may remember that one -- it was the case of the shy guy who was slow to make a move)

Old 07-06-2004, 09:34 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by joquiero
I think the type of girls who generally like attention are girls who don't often GET attention!!! I get attention all the time and it drives me nuts!! Even FEMALES hit on me!!
Well, to each its own. Maybe you don't like attention, but most women do. I have no problems attracting attention, but I still like it because I am a shy person at first, when I don't know someone yet. So I always appreciate when a guy ask me out, as opposed to me having to hit on him. Of course, I'm talking about genuine kind of attention, when you know the guy is taken by you and wants to get to know you, not sleezy attention. I can tell the difference from miles away.

Old 07-06-2004, 09:37 AM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosaMay
I agree with Sophia. I don't like to do the chasing, because to me it feels unnatural. I want to be the one being chased after because it makes me feel good, feminine, beautiful, sexy, etc. etc. Sure I can be flirty among guys but I won't suggest a move.

I have done the chasing after thing only once and it didn't work out. It felt unnatural and this guy became lazy, wanting me to worship HIM. It just doesn't work that way. Call it biology or whatever. I will never be the active party again!
(Sophia, you may remember that one -- it was the case of the shy guy who was slow to make a move)
Yes! Exactly my point-- the guys we chase after become lazy and just treat us like they're doing us a favor by going out with us. This has nothing to do with looks, or how great the girl is. Easy come, easy go. Guys seem to enjoy working a little to get your attention.

I remember your story, but I thought you said the guy eventually made a move and was just taking his time because he was shy?? What happened?

Old 07-06-2004, 09:37 AM   #14
Inactive

joquiero HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by RosaMay

I don't 'chase' guys - but if I see one I like I find it perfectly natural to say 'hey, we should hang out sometime' - if he volunteers his phone number then, fine, if not, I'll give him mine. (mind you, I don't do this often coz i don't often meet guys I'm very interested in)

Old 07-06-2004, 09:39 AM   #15
Inactive

joquiero HB User

Quote:
Yes! Exactly my point-- the guys we chase after become lazy and just treat us like they're doing us a favor by going out with us. This has nothing to do with looks, or how great the girl is. Easy come, easy go. Guys seem to enjoy working a little to get your attention.

I remember your story, but I thought you said the guy eventually made a move and was just taking his time because he was shy?? What happened?
NOOOO!! Approaching a guy does NOT make him lazy - unless you're sweating him. If i like a guy I'll pursue him, but once we've been out, HE ends up pursuing me!! Also, i'm a very easy going, lighthearted person who NEVER does the dreaded 'so, where is this relationship going?' too early on.

Closed Thread