It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2004, 12:11 PM   #76
Inactive

eightball61 HB User
Re: Late Bloomers--Pros an Cons of Starting a Family in your 30s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninispjc
LOL!! I'm afraid I'm getting a mental picture, Jeff! Can anyone say "Bilbo Baggins?"

Jeff Yells Bilbo Baggins

I figured I would used that so you all got a mental picture and say "hi" to me when you see me passing by on the street.

Last edited by eightball61; 08-05-2004 at 12:12 PM.

Old 08-05-2004, 05:55 PM   #77
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaM
Well, thank you Jeff. 21-year-olds...Why not? LOL. After my vacation, that is. And please, no hair on their toes
OMG - Sophia you made me laugh so hard - Boy do we think alike -
LOL, another flaw with the hair on toes.

Hope you have a great vacation - Ill be talking to you soon.

HOOP the MAN - You had me in stiches - I was checking the board from work and DID manage to READ your posts before they disappeard - I was laughing so hard all by myself in my office the New woman I'm working with must think I'm a Freak. You are so funny - I love just coming on now to read your posts - I can't reply while at work ( not yet anyways ) but I am checking them. I kinda like my son grounded so I can get on the computer at night LOL and he's been kissing my butt trying to make up for what he did -
THAT my friend will take much time for me - gotta run and enjoy what is left of my evening with my boyfriend before he gets mad.

I will be checking in again tomorrow -

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-06-2004, 06:20 AM   #78
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

I don't need a wooden leg good because I am afraid fungus may set in.

Old 08-06-2004, 06:08 PM   #79
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

To which the Hoopster would add (I'm sure)

"There's fungus amungus!!"

Old 08-07-2004, 02:55 AM   #80
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth6:11
To which the Hoopster would add (I'm sure)

"There's fungus amungus!!"

LOL

That's why I treat my wooden leggg with "Thompson's Water Seal Ultra Waterproof" Dat's write, yes after I "Nair" the hair and spash on some "Aqua Velva" LOL

Ruth when I posted my "Hey Stellaaa!" post on "Eightballs" thread I was thinking of you. That one should be easy for you. It was my Friday morning edition oooofffff....

STUMP THE CHUMP! LOL

HoooooooooP! ( there it is! )

Last edited by Hoop; 08-07-2004 at 02:58 AM.

Old 08-07-2004, 05:50 AM   #81
Senior Veteran
(female)

GirlHarley HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoop
LOL

That's why I treat my wooden leggg with "Thompson's Water Seal Ultra Waterproof" Dat's write, yes after I "Nair" the hair and spash on some "Aqua Velva" LOL

Ruth when I posted my "Hey Stellaaa!" post on "Eightballs" thread I was thinking of you. That one should be easy for you. It was my Friday morning edition oooofffff....

STUMP THE CHUMP! LOL

HoooooooooP! ( there it is! )
Cheating on me already - Fine, just because I'm now away alot and earning a living - ummmm -

Old 08-07-2004, 07:44 AM   #82
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

I think the money thing is pretty highly rated.
I grew up with a Dad who was just starting out in a company and a mom who was a nurse.
They had FOUR kids. Mom quit work to raise us.
We had lots of macaroni & cheese, fishsticks, hotdogs, casseroles, a home that was a simple post WWII bungalow with (if you look back at pictures anyway) minimal "interior decorating" to say the least, no designer clothes, and none of us had a TV or telephone in our bedroom.

Our job was to "be nice" and get good grades.

I had a GREAT childhood without all of the things that my generation is showering their children with.
I had the IMPORTANT things - which are not $things$, but intangibles.
Love, respect, instilled values & ethics, a mom at home (it made a difference I think), the freedom to play, a solid sense of self-esteem & independence.

Thru the years as my dad moved up in the company his goal was not to provide us with everything us kids "wanted".
It was to make sure that my mother never wanted for anything if he were to die first.

He died 3 years ago and my mom will never want for anything.
Us kids weren't handed a whole lot and he now has 4 very independent kids who can make it on their own.

I understand the discussion of money & it's importance, but from a child's standpoint I would never have traded the childhood I had for a richer one solely to have "things", What I gained in a modest home (kind of like Father Knows Best!) far outweighs what waiting for "financial security" would have done for me.

Old 08-09-2004, 07:50 AM   #83
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ratatosk HB UserRatatosk HB User

I married in my mid-20s, but we didn't decide to have kids until I was in my mid-30s. At 36 I became pregnant and had a normal pregnancy; however, our child was born with an intestinal blockage and had to remain in the ICU for 6 weeks. If we'd been younger, I'm not so sure we would've handled things the same way. Financially we're better off, so we weren't AS worried about money, think we were a little more mature. There were a LOT of very very young parents at the hospital when we were there, who were given a LOT to handle. We were fortunate that we had more stability.

Our son will have medical problems for the rest of his life and now we're trying to decide if we should try for another so he doesn't grow up being an only child, but my biological clock is ticking and with increased age, there's increased risk for birth defects. My child's problems were caused by a genetic disorder, so whether or not we'd had children right away or waited, it wouldn't have mattered. Would've still run the risk.

Old 08-09-2004, 08:14 AM   #84
Inactive

eightball61 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratatosk

Our son will have medical problems for the rest of his life and now we're trying to decide if we should try for another so he doesn't grow up being an only child, but my biological clock is ticking and with increased age, there's increased risk for birth defects. My child's problems were caused by a genetic disorder, so whether or not we'd had children right away or waited, it wouldn't have mattered. Would've still run the risk.

I am sorry to hear of your child medical problems. Just remember that they are genetic and you have no control over that. If you have another child then you are running a risk of having more problems. Did the doctor give you some kind percentage that you baby may not have any disorders.

Old 08-09-2004, 06:01 PM   #85
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlHarley
Cheating on me already - Fine, just because I'm now away alot and earning a living - ummmm -

Just goes to prove, the Hoopster does not go just after 18 year olds only.

HOOP!( no humans were injured, maimed, hurt or killed as a result of this post!)

Closed Thread