It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-21-2005, 06:24 PM   #1

kANE58503 HB User
Unhappy Girlfriend blew me off.

Hello, I have been dating my girlfriend for about 7 months now and all seemed to be going very well until this past weekend. She went to a convention in DC about a week ago for college, and she is coming back tomorrow. 4 nights ago I tried to call her room since I havent heard from her in a few days but I got no answer so I left a message. Several hrs later I called back again and got her roomate, she said my girlfriend was in room 704, her room is 736, so I called room 704 and a guy answered the phone and I asked to speak to my girlfriend I have not spoken to in 2 days, usually we talk every day. Well our conversation lasted about 30 seconds and she said she had to go visit with people and I could tell she had been drinking. She was very short and rude to me on the phone but I blew it off cuz she said she would call me back later. I sat around for about 7 hrs waiting for her to call and I got worried and called her room at 5 am. She answered the phone and I asked if she was ok she said yea why? I said cuz you were suppose to call back, she stated it got late so i decided not to call. I work nights and am up all night there is no reason she could not have called. Anyway, so the next night I called her back again and the same thing happened, her roomate answered the phone and didn't seem to want to tell me where she was she wanted to take a message so I demanded she tell me. She was in room 704 again, which I then found out is Mike and Matts room, but they are staying 3 to a room and her X boyfriend went along and he is best friends with these guys so I got a bit worried and called there again and a guy answered, when I asked to speak to my girlfriend he sound a bit ticked off cuz I called. I could tell there was a party going on and I asked her why she can't call me to talk and she just said I am to busy, I said yeah sounds like it, I told her I dont think its much to ask to walk down the hall to her room so I could talk to her for a few minutes but she wouldn't do it, she said she wants to visit with her friends. I got upset and told her that I am done calling if she wants to talk to me she can call me back. It has been 3 days now and I have received no call from her. We always tell each other we love each other and we always talk on the phone every night, She has never ignored me or been rude to me like this before and I dont know why she is acting like this now. I love my girlfriend very much and she says she loves me, I am just stumped why she acted like this to me, maybe it was cuz she was in front of everyone I dont know. She kinda seemed to think it was funny blowing me off or maybe it was the booze, but she never acted like this before in the last 7 months.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-21-2005, 07:02 PM   #2

marcen HB User
Re: Girlfriend blew me off.

Well from experience, I would say it is a bad sign. My bf (well, ex-bf) used to do that to me too. He would go out partying and when I would call he would be rude to me because his friends were around. First of all, I think it is disrespectful to you for her to be drinking and partying with other guys while you are not around...I am a fairly traditional girl though, and I know a lot of girls wouldn't agree with me. It is certainly wrong for her to be rude to you when you do call, and also not to return your calls when she knows you talk regularly. Give her a chance to explain herself at least...I hope it works out for you. All I know is that in my situation he gradually did more and more of that sort of thing, and I finally realized there was no point in trying to get him to change. If you get upset about it, she may resent you for it or feel like you are trying to control her. I guess it comes down to how much of that kind of behaviour you are willing to tolerate, and whether or not she will take your feelings into consideration. Good luck

Old 03-21-2005, 09:01 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

I too have an x that would say "i'll call you later" and wouldnt call I remember going to sleep with the phone by my bed just incase he would call and he wouldnt. I'd end up calling him the next day and his excuse was either, I forgot or It was to late.

It sounds like bad news to my ears as well. If she isnt calling you back that's very disrespectful. And the fact that she didnt tell you she's staying in a room w/her X and two other guys....

I wouldnt wait around by the phone any longer. Go on about your business and do what keeps you busy and happy.

Old 03-22-2005, 10:03 AM   #4

kANE58503 HB User

I agree with both of you on what you had to say completely, I am also more traditional when it comes to dating. I get along good with her family and talked to her mom about what is going on. Turns out my girlfriend has not been totally honest with her mom about what is really going on with us. I had a bad feeling when she left for this trip cuz I know her friends don't really like me, for the fact that my gf broke up with her X which is good friends with all of them. I am positive they have been running negative talk about me through her mind on this trip, my gf has never acted like this to me before and its the most obvious reason. I honestly think her friends are kinda jealous for the fact that our relationship has been going so well and we were both so happy together since this one episode. I wrote her a email telling her how I feel about her and how I felt betrayed this weekend, I will just have to wait and see what happens next, thanks for the replies.

Old 03-22-2005, 12:31 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by kANE58503
I agree with both of you on what you had to say completely, I am also more traditional when it comes to dating. I get along good with her family and talked to her mom about what is going on. Turns out my girlfriend has not been totally honest with her mom about what is really going on with us. I had a bad feeling when she left for this trip cuz I know her friends don't really like me, for the fact that my gf broke up with her X which is good friends with all of them. I am positive they have been running negative talk about me through her mind on this trip, my gf has never acted like this to me before and its the most obvious reason. I honestly think her friends are kinda jealous for the fact that our relationship has been going so well and we were both so happy together since this one episode. I wrote her a email telling her how I feel about her and how I felt betrayed this weekend, I will just have to wait and see what happens next, thanks for the replies.
I think an email was a good start. Don't put up with bad behavior like this. Talk to her and ask her to explain her actions. She should be able and required to answer your concerns.

Old 03-22-2005, 12:43 PM   #6
(female)

72Lena HB User
Unhappy Re: Girlfriend blew me off.

I think that was a good idea to e-mail her. I truly believe that she is definatley betraying you or hiding something.

Maybe she isn't who you thought she was all along. It happened to me with my ex, and I found out he was cheating on me. He told me he loved me every night..he called my house after he would get off work, late at night just to say he loved me...maybe he meant that he loved how stupid I was and that he was "cheating on me"...hmmmmm

Old 03-22-2005, 02:15 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

TAH123 HB User

Sounds like bad news bears to me...Don't understand why your g/f, just fell off the charts like that! First off that was so uncalled for, for her to just ignore you (her b/f) when she went out of town, does she not miss you??? You tried a few times to get in touch with her, but she just totally blew you off, totally not cool! I would be questioning everything now...since she hasnt been totally honest with people really close to her! How were things between you 2 before she left??? And honestly I dont think her friends are making her act like this, shes a big girl and should be the only one who can influence her mind. Secondly, I dont like the whole ex factor...Ex's are always bad news. My advice to you is to sit down and look at the cons and pros of your relationship, b/f you go any further. Think to yourself what kind and type of girl are you truly with...is she someone you can trust and someone who would not hurt you??? Just sounds like some fishy business has been going on with her! I feel for you bro, keep us updated if you would like!

Old 03-22-2005, 04:06 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

I wonder if she went there telling her x and stuff that you two had split? Maybe once she was there she let loose and ended up hooking up with him again and doesnt know how else to deal with things.

Like not call, not be honest, treat you bad. Maybe it's her way of getting past she did something wrong?

Old 03-27-2005, 03:57 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(male)

realguy HB User

She has ended it with you. She just doesn"t know how to tell you. You should just stop talking to her, it will only get you more upset. You already know that she flirts and cheats behind your back. Maybe it"s best to skip the details.

Old 03-27-2005, 05:49 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

It sounds to me like she's been dating this other guy that she mentioned "it's been another year and it's mostly because of you" it sounds like a card my boyfriend gave me on our one year or that i gave him. I wonder if she's been secretly dating you and this other guy? Was he one of the guys that she was sharing the hotel room with?

I agree with realguy. She wants to split but i think she's too afraid to do her herself and is trying to upset you into doing it. Why dont you just call her up and say your gonna do her a favor its over and hang up. She wont be able to explain her stupid actions. I'd be ticked to all hell if my boyfriend was sharing a hotel room with his X and failed to "inform" me!!!

Then find out he's leaving little messages on their profile things that talk about "another year so happy yada yada" it'd make want to vomit.

Save yourself the emotional loss. She's not worth it. End it and move onto someone who is willing to be honest and faithful to you...

Old 03-27-2005, 09:46 AM   #11
Inactive
(male)

TAH123 HB User

Do not tell someone to post against the rules.

Last edited by Guardian; 03-27-2005 at 10:39 AM. Reason: Told member to repost a post that was deleted by a moderator

Closed Thread