It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2005, 11:11 PM   #1
(male)

jontresko HB User
Unhappy Am I just your 'baby's daddy?'

I don't even know where to start. It's been a weird and wild ride. So here's the story:

I met this girl and we soon became very intimate. I felt like she was mine. after a little while, she became pregnant for obvious reasons. During the second month of her pregnancy, we were both very endulged in our jobs. We grew apart over a 2 or 3 week period. She called with factual test results and I became very commited. During the time we were apart and only apeaking 2 or 3 times a week, she became very distant from me.

I've been very supportive and commited to her since I heard the news of a baby on the way. The only problem is that she has changed her feelings towards me. All she sees me as now is a firend, or someone she needs to be a friend with.

Considering my upbringing, we should be more. We both had very strong feelings for each other and mine have not departed me. She does not want anything to do with me if it involves anything more than friendship. She talks to a dude she used to **** in a lewd way. I'm so lost.

We love together now and have seperate bedrooms. It kills me to be with her and it kills me to be away.

Does anyone have any insight?

Last edited by jontresko; 08-16-2005 at 11:13 PM.

Old 08-17-2005, 02:52 AM   #2
(female)

stay2gether HB User
Re: Am I just your 'baby's daddy?'

maybe she feels overwhelmed by the whole situation?
i know its hard but i think you have to let her have her space or maybe try having a talk with her, she obviously had strong feelings for you at one point.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2005, 04:01 PM   #3
(male)

jontresko HB User

I hope she's just overwhelmed. I'm just afraid that she'll make up her mind and be too prideful to come back to me. I also worry that she'll jump into another relationship too quickly.

Old 08-17-2005, 04:32 PM   #4
Veteran
(female)

ibeeshell HB User

Are you sure the baby is yours?

I know that sounds rude, but insist on a paternity test immediatly upon the birth of the baby. Not for her, but for you. Because if she does start into another relationship you will want to be able to see your baby, right? You might need to get a lawyer and ask for joint custody, but you'll need to prove the baby is yours. I say this because......

I had a friend who loved his infant son like crazy!!! His girlfriend decided she wanted to end their relationship. He told her that he wanted their son 1/2 the time and she let him take the baby on weekends until the child got to be about 12 months old. Then she dropped a bomb, the little boy wasn't even my friend's child and she had moved in with the real father. My poor friend was devastated! This is a true story!!!

So please, just protect yourself here!

Hopefully, your story will end much happier and she will come around.

Good luck!

Old 08-18-2005, 03:13 PM   #5
(male)

jontresko HB User

That question has been proposed and I was the villain. I'm going to get an at home paternity test and not even tell her unless it's not mine.

Old 08-18-2005, 05:53 PM   #6
Veteran
(female)

ibeeshell HB User

You are not a villian to make sure the child is yours in cases where you are not married or unsure of the mother's fidelity. Do you have actual reason to believe maybe your not the father?

Exactly what is a AT HOME PATERNITY TEST? I must really be old!!!! I have never heard of such a thing. You need something that will stand up in court if need be. Although, I guess you can start with that and if the test says the baby isn't yours, you can insist on a formal one.

Just remeber that the baby is innocent in all this and if he/she is your child, needs all the love and support possible!

Good luck!

Closed Thread