It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2005, 07:00 AM   #1

imeia HB User
What does this mean?

I had met this guy about 5 years ago and we had an emotional relationship (my marriage was falling apart) and he wanted to be with me because he said he was extremely attracted to me, but I wasn't up for just sex (he thinks sex first and then a relationship). I had stronger feelings of starting with a relationship. It went on like this for a year and a half by e-mail after he moved. We had a big fight and he was mean to mean I had strong feelings for him, so it hurt and I told him he was disgusting and I didn't talk to him ever again. I found out he got married, why does that make me sad?

Old 08-19-2005, 03:31 AM   #2
(female)

kimber lee HB User
Re: What does this mean?

i believe that its natual emotion to be sad in this circumstance, i found my self sad too in the same situation, give it time, it shall pass. kimber lee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2005, 04:00 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

eaglesgirl37 HB User
Re: What does this mean?

It's normal to feel this way when you discover someone you once cared for has moved on and found someone else, especially when you haven't. Please don't let this get you down too much, though, as it's perfectly normal, and it's clear that you are better off without a man who would treat you meanly and disrespectfully. I think it's just tough to hear that an ex has settled down with someone else because it's so final...even if you didn't really ever think about him or consider reconciling, it can be quite jarring to hear that that option is completely eliminated for your life. This might be due to you not feeling content with your own love life, which would account for your feelings of loss when you heard that your ex had married. I wouldn't read too much into it or dwell on your ex, but I would use this as an opportunity to objectively and honestly evaluate where you are in your life. If you were completely happy, I doubt you'd be so floored to hear of your ex's marriage, so what exactly isn't fully satisfying you at this point, and what steps can you take to feel happier and more fulfilled? The more you can focus on improving yourself and building a positive future for yourself, the more upbeat and energized you'll feel, and the less your ex's marriage will bother you and weigh on you. But in the meantime, please don't feel too bad about it, because it's completely normal to be upset by this kind of news, no matter how much you've already moved on. Hang in there and take care!

Closed Thread