It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2005, 11:07 PM   #1
(female)

MsInspiration HB User
Just wanting some feedback

Hi all,

I am feeling awfully sad today and was wondering if anyone has been in a similar situation. I am 39 and have a gorgeous 3 year old, are now happily married (after alot of counselling) and I guess people would say "life is good" however, we are trying to give our little boy a brother and sister (have been trying for about 5 months now) and so far ....things are not working out.

Are there any women here that did conceive (unaided) at my age?

Old 08-18-2005, 07:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User
Re: Just wanting some feedback

Cheer up, MsInspiration! You have a lot to be thankful for: a happy marriage, a wonderful son, your health, and many other things, I'm sure. And you haven't been trying for that long yet. My friend is only 30 and she was having some trouble getting pregnant the second time. It took them almost 2 years, but it could be because she had a cesarian before. Anyway, yes, my cousin is almost 40 and just got pregnant with her first baby, a woman I worked with had her first baby at 41 and second at 43--both beautiful, healthy children and conceived without any medical help. My great-grandmother had her last child at 48, which was a complete surprise, but I guess that doesn't happen too often. At your age it might take a little longer to conceive, but as long as both you and your husband are healthy and in good shape, it should happen! If you don't get pregnant after a year, perhaps you should go to the dr. and see what they say. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 08:09 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User
Re: Just wanting some feedback

My oldest sister has one daughter - when they tried for a second child it just didn't happen. They were unwilling to take the step into fertility treatment (lots of eggs and maybe lots of babies).

Their daughter is fine, healthy, emotionally stable (for not having bratty siblings!!) and admired by the family for her career, wonderful fiance and a new home.

By the way - both me and my other sister ended up with NO children and survived to be pretty neat people despite what some people see as a "lack". ( I don't miss having children - its the grandkids that I long for)

Closed Thread