It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 05:58 AM   #1
(male)

richdaws1984 HB User
New girl at work.

Hey,

A new girl started out at my work 4 days ago. I am leaving next week and she is taking over my job so i have spent the last 4 days showing her how to do my job.

We get on really well together and have a laugh and l fancy her like mad.
Shes 19 and im 21.

Our last day together is Tuesday and i dont know whether to make a move and ask her out. Shes got a boyfriend but she always diverts talk away from him and its like she doesnt want people to know shes got a boyfriend.

We were messing about yesterday when everyone had gone home and we decided to make each other joke business cards on this new machine the company bought. To cut a long story short she said this is a good way to get your number! So we have now got each others numbers.

I just dont want to seem like a complete idiot if she is just messing about and i am getting it all wrong.

I am in a indie-rock band which she loves and i write a songs/lyrics/poems. I was thinking of writing a song or something for her before i leave and leaving it in her draw so she would find it when i had left.

Do you think this is a good idea or is it way to heavy for saying ive only known her a week?

Last edited by richdaws1984; 08-18-2005 at 05:59 AM.

Old 08-18-2005, 06:55 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User
Re: New girl at work.

Most people here would say that she was cheating on her boyfriend if she went out with you - and to ask yourself how you would feel if she did the same thing to YOU down the road if you two started dating.

It sounds like its not even clear if they're living together, or have been exclusive for several years.

I'd probably wait for the last day, and say something like "I know you have a boyfriend and I certainly don't want to step into the middle of your current relationship. Why don't you wait to use that phone number of mine until the right time - if that time ever comes." Add a nice compliment about how much you've enjoyed meeting her and getting to know her as a person.

And don't get sucked into being "the guy who breaks them up and now has the girl who is going thru a break-up while beginning a new relationship too soon".
It never seems to end well here at least...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 07:28 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

thghtsreal HB User
Re: New girl at work.

Are you going to be working at the same place? If so, pick your career or the girl. In most professional work environments, you don't get to keep both. By mixing the two you stand to lose both.

Last edited by thghtsreal; 08-18-2005 at 07:35 AM.

Closed Thread