It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2005, 08:02 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

gamecock360 HB User
Confused...Interesting....closure

I have been writing here for a while and I think I finally got the closure I needed.
My ex called me this morning at work and we talked for like 20 minutes. Now keep in mind he is much more advanced in our line of work than I am and claims to have called me about a computer problem.
He ended up asking how I was and me him and his girl got brought up. I picked on him about it but said I knew he had been through a lot in his lifetime and he deserved to be happy. He goes on to tell me that he was happy with me and that he had tried and hoped that I would be the one that settled him down. However, the feelings just weren't there on his side. He said he thinks we would have eventually split because she had come back in his life after we broke up. He thinks she just might be the one to settle him down. The chemsitry is there with her and he said he doesn't think he has ever felt that before.
For the most part I am ok but I am quite sad. I miss him and the fun we had. I know with his finances and kids and everything that I am probably better off.
But one why would he call me out of the blue like that?
No one thought he was good for me but it still hurts...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 08:10 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User
Re: Confused...Interesting....closure

Wow.
I pity that poor new girlfriend of his.
He expects HER to settle HIM down???
Talk about not taking responsibility for his own behavior!!

By the way, I'd ignore his calls - have them take messages for you for a week or three. Use your machine at home.
Unless YOU want to be the "other woman" to his new girlfriend.
Seems like he has a hard time being faithful to one person...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2005, 08:30 AM   #3
(male)

Scotty1 HB User

I wouldn't even worry about why he called, if you do that it will never lead to a good thing in my opinion, or least that's the way it works for me... Glad to hear that you sound like everything is starting to work it's way out of your system... Sounds like you are right around the corner from being ready to completely move on and upward...

Old 08-18-2005, 08:42 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

gamecock360 HB User

I answered the phone this morning because I thought it was one of our locations...hahaha...I don't intend to continue to talk to him.
No one thinks he can settle down. He also once said something similiar to me that when he found something he liked he held on to it while holding me in his arms.
Ruth I think you are right. Most of my friends and family felt I could do better (especially you guys here) and with that many people telling me that there has to be some truth to that and possibly something I am not seeing.
I do miss the fun times I had with him because take women out of his life and he is a great person with a lot of potential which he chooses not to use.
I am not going to be "the other woman" to his new girl. I wouldn't want that and I am not going to do that to her. She is going through a divorce where her exhusband smokes crack literally.
i guess I am kinda sad that I was not the one that could truly make him happy and have the chemitry with but I know god has a plan for me and I have to have faith.
Thanks for your feed back guys!!! I am doing surprisngly well and I am glad I weathered this well!!

Old 08-18-2005, 09:38 AM   #5
(male)

Scotty1 HB User

Well sounds like you have a plan... Wow what a long ride this has been... Just keep up the positive attitute... Well I guess now we are going to have to wait for the "I found someone and couldn't be happier" thread.. I'm going out with some new people this Saturday and am quite pumped about that... Never know what could happen there... BTW I think I've decided I must be very attractive to 50 year old women... I've had 3 hit on me this week alone... It's actually funny as heck the way they act... Now if I could just cut that age in half...

Last edited by Scotty1; 08-18-2005 at 09:41 AM.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:44 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty1
Well sounds like you have a plan... Wow what a long ride this has been... Just keep up the positive attitute... Well I guess now we are going to have to wait for the "I found someone and couldn't be happier" thread.. I'm going out with some new people this Saturday and am quite pumped about that... Never know what could happen there... BTW I think I've decided I must be very attractive to 50 year old women... I've had 3 hit on me this week alone... It's actually funny as heck the way the act... Now if I could just cut that age in half...
Haaha! I seem to be having the same problem lately. Men the age of my father are hitting on me constantly. What the heck are they thinking???

And Gamecock, please know that there will be someone else who will be crazy about you--chemistry and all. You deserve it!

Old 08-18-2005, 10:04 AM   #7
(male)

Scotty1 HB User

I don't want to be mean or anything, but I almost feel like saying to I know your daughter or something? Just funny how often it's happened in the last couple of days...

Old 08-18-2005, 10:26 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
I don't want to be mean or anything, but I almost feel like saying to I know your daughter or something? Just funny how often it's happened in the last couple of days...
Well, I think it would be too mean..I would be gracious and just smile if someone much older gives me a compliment. I mean, obviously they have no malicious intent, even though they might be a bit detached from reality you know.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:30 AM   #9
(male)

Scotty1 HB User

I would never say that.... I do take it as a compliment... Just thought that in my mind... Never know a nice sugar mamma wouldn't be that bad

Last edited by Scotty1; 08-18-2005 at 10:31 AM.

Old 08-18-2005, 10:46 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

gamecock360 HB User

hahaha...You guys are funny. Thanks for the replies. I just hate all this. I really think I deserve someone good but it seems all my exs get it first. oh well...hopefully this sadness will pass soon...

Old 08-18-2005, 11:32 AM   #11
(male)

Scotty1 HB User

First isn't always the best btw... When you least expect it something great will come along... BTW I can't tell you how good of a mood I've been in this week... I reallly think that gut feeling I have is on the money... Hang in there, Stay positive.... and have a great day....

Old 08-18-2005, 11:46 AM   #12
Veteran
(female)

gamecock360 HB User

Quote:
First isn't always the best btw... When you least expect it something great will come along... BTW I can't tell you how good of a mood I've been in this week... I reallly think that gut feeling I have is on the money... Hang in there, Stay positive.... and have a great day....
Hey! I have been in a wonderful mood today and then this morning was a little bumpy but then now I am in a great mood again!! I hope you are right and I hope something wonderful happens to you soon!!

Old 08-18-2005, 01:00 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

Hey Scotty! Your luck is turning great - just like you said...
I'm 51 and I HAVE'NT hit on you!!!

Old 08-18-2005, 01:04 PM   #14
(male)

Scotty1 HB User

Just give it some time, before too long you won't be able to keep those thoughts to yourself and you'll be posting all kinds of stuff.....

Besides I don't think you would count since you look all of 35....

Last edited by Scotty1; 08-18-2005 at 01:04 PM.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:27 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

gamecock360 HB User

You guys are great! I love this site. Always turns me into a good mood and makes me realize what great people are here and that no one is alone.
You must be one hot looking man scotty....all these woman coming at you

Closed Thread