It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2005, 10:56 PM   #1

funkyflapjacks7 HB User
I feel really stupid asking this

Ok, Im a senior in highchool and just got out of a year relationship with my girlfriend 4 months ago. Before she and I started going out I never really went through the whole dating first thing it sort of just happened you could say. Anyways theres this new girl now and Ive told her that I am attracted to her and like her. I guess my question is do I have to ask her to be my girlfriend or just let it go like it is now. We are hanging out or "dating" often.

Any advice on what to do or say would be great.

Thanks

Old 08-19-2005, 11:32 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

eaglesgirl37 HB User
Re: I feel really stupid asking this

I don't think you have to ask her to be your girlfriend--have you been dating for awhile and feel confident that you're both really into each other? If you want to make it official that you two are a couple now, I think there are smoother ways then bluntly asking if she'll be your girlfriend. That's not really something you ask anyway, it's something that just kind of happens. Here's how I would have liked one of my high school boyfriends to approach the issue of becoming a formal couple: pick a special, private moment somewhere romantic and give her a wonderful kiss, just how she likes it best. Perhaps give her a small but thoughtful gift, something she likes, like her favorite candy, flowers, maybe an inexpensive piece of jewelry in a color or design you know she likes. Her mom, sister, or girl friend would be more than happy to give you some ideas as far as what gift and what physical setting would seem especially romantic to your girl. Anyway, as you give her the gift, tell her concisely (no need to get all mushy) that you've been really happy ever since you started dating her, that you think she's great (along with a few things that you like/admire most about her), and that you love spending time together no matter what you're doing. Just a few sweet things go a long way, so don't go overboard with the mushy stuff, but trust me, she'll appreciate hearing that you like her and everyone LOVES a few sincere compliments! Then ask her if she'd like to start dating exclusively, because you'd love to be able to call her your girlfriend. This doesn't have to be a big deal and you don't even have to include the gift, but it's worth taking the time to do it somewhere romantic, so that she'll have a lovely memory to reflect on--not to mention make her friends a little jealous! I guarantee she will melt in your hands and be extremely happy you want to be her boyfriend if you make her feel special as you ask. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread