It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2005, 08:25 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User
Latest Update with Online Dating

I just do not understand men! That really cute guy who I went to lunch with said he wanted a second date and I said Saturday was good, but he never emailed back! Also, I saw him online just yesterday. Guess he found someone better.

Anyway, Kelly actually called me on my cell. The one that recently started his own business and had been very busy. I told him I wasn't free this weekend, but I would be next Friday night!

I'm getting really afraid of rejection. I think I must have a fear of rejection or something, because that's the type of men I seem to attract. The ones that reject me.

Then, there's other guy that's been very sweet, although I am not that physically attracted to him from his pictures. He's got a brand new home in Costa Rica and two other homes, I believe. He sent me an e-card and emails me everyday.

Also, I think there is an attorney where I work (not in my office) who is interested in me. He's short, but not bad looking, and everytime I see him either near the elevators or on them, he tries to strike up a conversation with me. I don't know if that means anything or not.

When you are in my age bracket, it's really a lot tougher to meet quality men. The ones my age are usually looking for someone younger! Geeze!

I can't turn back the clock, so guess I will have to work with what I get.

Old 08-21-2005, 08:59 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
Re: Latest Update with Online Dating

Sorry GE for the bad feelings you are experiencing. I know how much you were looking forward to that second date with the cute guy....it's all part of online dating. People are dating around and perhaps since you were sick he made some other plans but will still make that second date with you. I believe you told us that you told him you were sick and he's most likely going to call when he thinks you have had time to get back on your feet again.

The attorney seems to show some interest...I would definitely make a point to reciprocate if you se potential.

Stay away from the Costa Rican home owner...you obviously are not attracted to him and have shared with us how important that is to you. So why go there??

You're just getting over being sick.....I think that has to alot to do with our demeanor. The important thing is that the door is still open for you so keep on walking through it for you'll never know what's on the other side unless you do. Keep your chin up...you're going to be okay....Goody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2005, 10:13 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

Thanks so much, Goody. I found out I had an inner ear infection, which is pretty serious. They even sent me to emergency room to make sure it wasn't my heart, because of the dizziness and extreme changes in blood pressure from lying down, sitting up, and standing up.

Yes, I do agree that not feeling well has a lot to do with how you are feeling on the inside.

The reason I like the guy who I am not that physically attracted to is because he seems really interested in me, and I heard most women become attracted to men when they feel attracted emotionally. Besides I am not a spring chicken anymore, and I feel I should lower my expectations a little because men in my age bracket are not usually as physically attractive as a man in his thirties or forties.

Kelly is my age and he looks good. I guess I told him that I wasn't feeling well around the time of our second date, that's why he didn't answer. Because last week, he called me on my cell phone and he said he was sorry for not contacting me sooner, but he's just been really busy starting his new business. He said when he emailed me for a second date, I said I wasn't feeling well, so he blew off that weekend. We talked for quite awhile and seems like he's being pretty honest to me. So, I think he deserves a second date.

Also, there is a very attractive man who emailed me. He was married for 35 years, and his wife passed away. He said that now, after a year, he is ready to get out there and date again. He's around my age also, I think a little older, otherwise I don't see how he could have been married for 35 years. He must have married young.

Old 08-21-2005, 10:52 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

eaglesgirl37 HB User

Hi Aunt GE, I'm sorry too that you're not all that upbeat right now, but I think Goody's right that it probably has a lot to do with not feeling well lately. It's almost impossible to have a really optimistic outlook when you're having a rough time physically...my advice for those times is try not to think too much and especially not too far ahead. I've always thought Kelly showed some promise...I'll be very interested to hear how it goes if you do end up meeting him. After seeing your pictures, and of course knowing what I do about your fun, positive personality and variety of interests, I'm not at all surprised that you always have at least several prospects on the horizon . You remind me so much of my aunt...she is also very confident, glamorous, and absolutely stunning, much younger looking than most women her age. She absolutely loved online dating before she met her current boyfriend, and was actually the one who got me curious about trying it. It's eerie (in a good way) how much you are alike...and it's so nice for me to have two cool aunts who always give great dating advice! Hang in there and don't forget how awesome you are!

Old 08-21-2005, 11:05 AM   #5
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglesgirl37
Hi Aunt GE, I'm sorry too that you're not all that upbeat right now, but I think Goody's right that it probably has a lot to do with not feeling well lately. It's almost impossible to have a really optimistic outlook when you're having a rough time physically...my advice for those times is try not to think too much and especially not too far ahead. I've always thought Kelly showed some promise...I'll be very interested to hear how it goes if you do end up meeting him. After seeing your pictures, and of course knowing what I do about your fun, positive personality and variety of interests, I'm not at all surprised that you always have at least several prospects on the horizon . You remind me so much of my aunt...she is also very confident, glamorous, and absolutely stunning, much younger looking than most women her age. She absolutely loved online dating before she met her current boyfriend, and was actually the one who got me curious about trying it. It's eerie (in a good way) how much you are alike...and it's so nice for me to have two cool aunts who always give great dating advice! Hang in there and don't forget how awesome you are!
Actually, Kelly and I have already met. This will be a second date!

The one that I told you about, Michael, who is very attractive and was married for 35 years sent me a beautiful e-card. I actually got him mixed up with the guy who has a house in Costa Rica! But I didn't say anything that would make him think my reply was meant for someone else. Thank goodness!

Old 08-22-2005, 11:48 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

Guess what? The guy I told you about who I went to lunch with and was very attracted to: well, he emailed me and said he wanted to go out again last week. I replied that we could go out on Saturday night, but he never emailed back or called. Now, he just emailed me today and said he had to work over the weekend. What a crock! I know he wasn't working because I saw him online both Saturday and Sunday!

Anyway I replied that it was very rude of him not to at least call me and that I saw him online over the weekend.

Also, Michael sent me another e-card today saying: "Get Well Soon". He's also very attractive.

Old 08-22-2005, 12:04 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Yeah, that was very rude of him. Good for you that you put him in his place, GE! Michael sounds promising, though. When are you going out with him again? I would be so excited for you if he turned out to be a great guy whom you could end up dating! I received an email last night from a cute guy as well. I responded to him this morning and already got a reply back. He sounds so interesting (seems like we like the same exact type of music and food!) I am tempted to respond now, but maybe I should wait until tomorrow so as not to look desperate? what do you think?

Old 08-22-2005, 12:57 PM   #8
Veteran
(female)

glamourgal HB User

GE, I am so glad that you are feeling better!! I missed you last week. Michael sounds like a really nice guy---plus he's attractive !!! Do you guys have a date planned?

Hi Sophia, why not just go ahead and email the cute guy back? I know that you don't want to appear desperate, but he emailed you quickly, so I would just go ahead and do the same. It sounds like he is as excited as you are!!!

Good luck girls !!!

Old 08-22-2005, 01:10 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Hey Glamourgirl! Well, that's what I did--I just couldn't wait so I emailed him back. He seems to have so much in common with me in terms of tastes in music, literature, and food--AND he's a pilot!!!! I think that's sexy

How did the wedding shower go? Did you have a good time?

Old 08-22-2005, 01:26 PM   #10
Veteran
(female)

glamourgal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaM
Hey Glamourgirl! Well, that's what I did--I just couldn't wait so I emailed him back. He seems to have so much in common with me in terms of tastes in music, literature, and food--AND he's a pilot!!!! I think that's sexy

How did the wedding shower go? Did you have a good time?
How exciting Sophia !!! So far the sexy pilot is sounding really good ! Keep us updated on what happens with him!!!

I did have a good time at the shower--it was a lot of fun to get to see everyone!! I also just had fun having something to dress up really cute for--plus there was a lot of good food too ! Like you said, might as well eat and be fat and happy . How did your night out with the girls go?? I hope you had fun!!

Old 08-22-2005, 01:33 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourgal
How exciting Sophia !!! So far the sexy pilot is sounding really good ! Keep us updated on what happens with him!!!

I did have a good time at the shower--it was a lot of fun to get to see everyone!! I also just had fun having something to dress up really cute for--plus there was a lot of good food too ! Like you said, might as well eat and be fat and happy . How did your night out with the girls go?? I hope you had fun!!
Glad to hear you had a good time and an opportunity to dress up and try some delicious food! I'm trying not to get too excited about the cute pilot because there must be a lot of girls who are also interested in him, but we'll see.

Oh, the girls' night out was nice--but it looks like my friend's bf might break up with her, so I was sad for her. Oh, and the place we went out to was cool and trendy, but PACKED with women! It was almost all women--so weird! I was wondering if the guys have migrated to less humid states or what?

Old 08-22-2005, 02:38 PM   #12
Inactive
(male)

degen95 HB User

Quote:
but PACKED with women!
you like teasing me don't you??? what type of place was that?? sounds promising. there's only one sure way to get the guys to come out and that's to get me to show up. never fails. i'm a guy magnet and chick repellent all in one!!

i hope this thread doesn't magically disappear like the others. i like listening (reading) the threads.

Old 08-22-2005, 04:41 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

Congratulations Sophia! I'm so glad you found someone interesting and a pilot at that! I always thought pilots were so sexy. No, I don't think it did any harm to email him back right away. Just do what you feel. You are not desperate, just looking for the right person. Let us know how this one turns out, okay?

Kelly and I are going out this weekend, supposedly Saturday night. It will be our second date. If he skips out again and doesn't confirm, I'm not going to see him again.

Also, I am very attracted to MIchael. He is around my age and very attractive. So, I will continue to keep everyone updated.

Glamourgirl, you need to get an ad posted if you don't already have one!

I'm so glad you put your ad back up, Sophia. It's takes a lot preserverence to succeed. Good luck with your pilot!

Old 08-22-2005, 09:22 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

glamourgal HB User

Goodness, I am surrounded by so many weddings. Normally I love going to them and sharing in the happiness and getting to visit with people, but tonight I was looking at an online gift registry for one of the weddings I am going to and I started feeling so sad.

Also, one of my friends told me that one of the guys I used to date is getting married---which I don't mind about that, just the fact that all of these people are finding someone to spend their life with and I can't find anyone . I know I should be happy for everyone and I am, except for this one girl and she is the meanest, most rude person I have ever met and she is marrying some doctor.

Anyway, I had a good day today and I AM going to have a good day tomorrow too !! I am determined to have a happy life --single or not.

GE and Sophia, I can't wait to hear about the guys you have met online !!! A guy I know (who is getting married) wants me to meet his best friend at his wedding in a few weeks. I actually met him about three years ago when I was with someone else. Anyway, I don't remember all that much about him, except I do remember thinking he was immature and really into partying---which that was three years ago, so maybe he has grown up since then.

Last edited by glamourgal; 08-22-2005 at 09:57 PM.

Old 08-22-2005, 09:52 PM   #15
Veteran
(female)

glamourgal HB User

Quote:
Oh, the girls' night out was nice--but it looks like my friend's bf might break up with her, so I was sad for her. Oh, and the place we went out to was cool and trendy, but PACKED with women! It was almost all women--so weird! I was wondering if the guys have migrated to less humid states or what?
Sophia, I'm sorry about your friend---I hope that her and her boyfriend can work things out. If not you guys should both go out somewhere with me and you will probably meet Mr. Right . It's a running joke with my family that when someone goes out with me, they end up meeting their husbands---because one of my cousins and a friend of mine both met their husbands this way.

I agree about the guys migrating somewhere---I went to a really trendy, fun place for a bachelorrette party not very long ago, and we were upset and ended up leaving because it was filled with almost ALL girls and hardly ANY guys at all!!!

Closed Thread