It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2005, 12:50 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User
To my online dating expert friends, help!

Hi Guys!

I've been talking and emailing a guy who I met online. I like him although he comes off as being a bit arrogant. I guess I'll have to wait and meet him to know for sure. My question is... the other day we were chatting online and he asked me what size I was. I got really offended by the question and am wondering if I over reacted? I couldn't imagine asking someone their size. He said sorry and that I must be overly sensitive about my size, to which I replied that I was not overly sensitive about my size. I just thought the question was in bad taste and hope to find someone who likes me for me not what size I am. What do you all think?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2005, 12:57 PM   #2
Inactive
(male)

degen95 HB User
Re: To my online dating expert friends, help!

well, maybe he's just attracted to particular body types; not much he can do about that unfortunately. although we might not want to admit it, we all have standards when it comes to looks; some more important than others.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2005, 12:59 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

eaglesgirl37 HB User

Hi RDB,

Do you have a picture online? He might just be trying to get a sense of what you look like and have said it without thinking, sometimes guys can be dumb like that without meaning anything by it or being jerks overall. I agree that it's in poor taste, but I wouldn't necessarily cut him off because of it if you like him otherwise. It may mean he's superficial, but I don't think it necessarily means that he only likes you for your body. Are you using match like Greeneyes and me? Let us know if you want any advice on your profile--I'm dying of curiousity now to see what everyone's are like! How have your experiences with online dating been so far?

Old 08-21-2005, 01:20 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User

Thanks for the replies guys! I am on Match too, although I took my profile down about a week ago. I just thought it was a waste of time and energy. I have a couple guys I met via the service but have not met anyone in person yet. To answer your question about my picture... I had several posted. That's why I was so shocked when he asked my size. It sort of worries me that he is superficial. Again, I just couldn't imagine asking a girl her size??? Good luck to all you guys in your search!

Old 08-21-2005, 03:43 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

I don't think it would hurt to meet him in person. He might find he is very attracted to you when he sees you in person. Have you heard from him since your last text message?

Closed Thread