It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2005, 09:27 AM   #1
(male)

SeeSaw99 HB User
Introverted guys

Just curious what the girls out there think of guys that are generally reserved in large crowds. I'm generally outgoing and funny with my really close friends, but at big parties and in crowds, I'm pretty introverted. I'm certainly not what you would call the life of the party, and am perfectly happy to let others tell the long-winded stories. I think that, for whatever reason, it's engrained in my personality--I'm just quiet in general, and prefer to think things over rather than be the center of attention in a crowd.

Can any girls tell me what they think of guys like this? I just feel like I'm more of an introverted, kinda romantic type, and was wondering if any girls could possibly go for this.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 09:48 AM   #2
(male)

RockMyBoat HB User
Re: Introverted guys

Guy here... Some chicks dig it, some don't, it just depends on their taste. I think more women prefer outgoing than introverted, but there are also many who like introverted (I'm a guy like you...)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-23-2005, 10:29 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

netle HB User

That's true. It really all depends on the girl and everyone is different.

The more outgoing person might get more attention just because they're putting themselves out there. But some people get turned off by that.

When you're at a party are you shy and introverted or just quiet and laid back? The problem with being introverted is that many people misread this as being bored or uninterested. So this might leave a lot of girls getting a negative impression from you.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:32 PM   #4
(female)

swtscgrl HB User

I am somewhat into the shy guys. . The only thing thats turns me off about it is its so hard to tell if they are interested in you. I think its rather cute when you find out from someone else that they really do like you but are too shy to approach you. Sometimes it is bad like the situation I am in now. This guy likes me but is afraid to tell me how he really feels because he is shy. So in return I dont know how to react back. Ultimatly though i think him being this way makes me want him even more. Because it is more like a challenge! so thats one good thing about it. Alot of women like a challenge. The best men are the ones that are silent. they seem more romantic 2 me. I dunno if other women feel that way but i sure do.
now i need your advice
have u ever not called a girl because of this ? or because u werent interested in her?
i dont know if he hasnt called cuz hes shy or he just doesnt like me.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:41 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

I think slightly shy guys are adorable, as long as they're not too shy to approach me I cannot stand overlly-confident, cocky men, so if someone is the type who is a little shy at first, but as you get to know them they can surprise you with their multifaceted personality--that's a winner, in my opinion! Sounds like you're not shy to the point of it interfering with your social life, though, so you have nothing to worry about. Any kind of extreme is a problem.

Old 08-28-2005, 01:50 PM   #6
(female)

WhiteLily HB User

Sophia you are quite funny ... I agree with what you said: I prefer your type of men to loud men. There's something gentle and attractive about it.

Old 08-28-2005, 03:16 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

I was the quiet retiring type myself to be honest.
I preferred the quieter guys because it gave ME the chance to actually be the "outgoing one" for a change.

Old 08-28-2005, 07:26 PM   #8
Inactive
(female)

SayMoo HB User

Im like that too...so i wouldnt mind a guy like that.. I dont think these things matter really...who cares what you're like with large crowds..as long as you're good to the person you're with?!

Old 08-28-2005, 10:15 PM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

my boyfriend doesnt really loosen up until he's had a few beers. Im the same way really, once i've had a couple and get loose im running all over the place for the rest of the night.

A shy guy would be someone I'd approach while i was having one of those "moments" not that I would now that im engaged, but when I was single I would go up to guys and ask their names ect. I've actually done it for friends haha that are too afraid i'll go ask them their names and let my girlfriends know!

Closed Thread