It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 06:35 AM   #1
(female)

Destiny79 HB User
Question Double booked for Friday night. Who do I put off?

Blimey, I'm doing an alfie moon in Eastenders, double booking myself.
Need some advice on what to do.

Seeing a guy. Only get to see him once a week though. When I last saw him he mentioned maybe seeing me again friday night. Hadn't heard from him since though so I assumed it wasn't on, so when my mate asked me yesterday if I wanted to go to a bar with her friday night, I said yes, as I didn't want to always live my life around this guy, and also thought i might not see him anyway. Yet today he rings me saying why don't I book a nice hotel for tomorrow night as he's going away for the bank holiday and won't get to see me otherwise. I said ok coz I was caught on the spot. Yet now I'm double booked. I do want to spend the night with him again as I love him, but I also want to go out with my mate for a girly night out as I haven't seen her in a while. Who do I put off? And what excuse can I use? Plese help. My heads all confused.

Old 08-25-2005, 08:17 AM   #2
(female)

Lilly10 HB User
Re: Double booked for Friday night. Who do I put off?

I would go out with your friend and tell your boyfriend that you did not realize when you talked last that you already had plans and perhaps you could book a hotel for next weekend. That shows that you wont just break off your plans with a good friend for him which I think shows strength. Have fun with what ever you choose.

Last edited by Lilly10; 08-25-2005 at 08:19 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 09:11 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

netle HB User

Hmm, I agree. You made plans with your friend first and maybe you'll meet someone who can see on a regular basis instead of waiting a week at a time. Besides, it will send a clear message that you're not just going to wait around for him to call you last minute.

Old 08-25-2005, 09:39 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

laurie864bla HB User

Honey, you are NOBODY'S Thursday girl!!! Keep that in mind. Jeez!! Men!!!

Have fun with your friend. If a guy waits til Thursday to call ya, he is taking you for granted. A night out without him is just what he needs. I actually did this in my last relationship. Same kinda thing--he took for granted I was just going to be there. It took everything I had just to keep my plans with a friend, cuz I really was into him and wanted to see him. Well, guess what? He showed up where we were and called every single day the following week. Keep em on their toes.

Old 08-25-2005, 03:20 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

glamourgal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie864bla
Honey, you are NOBODY'S Thursday girl!!! Keep that in mind. Jeez!! Men!!!

Have fun with your friend. If a guy waits til Thursday to call ya, he is taking you for granted. A night out without him is just what he needs. I actually did this in my last relationship. Same kinda thing--he took for granted I was just going to be there. It took everything I had just to keep my plans with a friend, cuz I really was into him and wanted to see him. Well, guess what? He showed up where we were and called every single day the following week. Keep em on their toes.
I agree with Laurie. Go with the friend---you had plans with her first. This guy needs to know that you aren't going to wait around and be at his beck and call. Have fun!!

Old 08-26-2005, 07:35 AM   #6
Senior Veteran

CoreyP HB User

Laurie, dump them both. I really need a date on friday. We'll have fun.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:29 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

laurie864bla HB User

Hey Corey,

Wasn't my post, hon--sorry!! I'd love to go out with ya, and yeah...we'd have fun. I have fun wherever I go. Life's too darn short to not have a great time. I think the reason guys are so interested in me is b/c of my carefree, non judgemental attitude. I got introduced by an old guy friend the other night to one of his friends as "the prettiest GUY we ever hung out with."

Now, sometimes I wonder if that bothers some men. My having a ton of guy friends, not ever getting offended, and hanging with any kind of crowd and having a great time really threatens some men. BUT--I'm not going to worry about it b/c if they can't hang with who I am and my level of security and comfort with who I am--then they are not the guy for me.

My good girlfriend told me the other night that she doesn't know how I get approached by so many men. Bar, grocery store, gas station, etc.. She said, "You would be the last person I would ever approach in a bar if I was a guy. You're beautiful, and that should be really intimidating to guys b/c they will get rejected."

I was like, "really?? well I think they get from me right away that I don't carry myself like that. I am always nice, will talk to guys--whoever they are, and if they were nice enuf to approach me, than I should be nice enuf to talk to them." (unless they are totally rude or crued--then I am a b) Thing is, you always have stuff in common with people, and if you find you dont--you can debate things or talk weather or music or whatever. It's gotta be hard for guys to approach pretty women--why are so many of them such beeaaahtches? That is why I have so many male friends I guess!!LOL

I was married for 10 yrs and he loved that flirty, outgoing girl I was--until he married me. Then it was all he could do not to pee on me in a corner to mark his territory!! It threatened this last guy I was with too. He said, "you're friends with everyone! All these guys come up to you, kiss you hello, tell you how great you look--right in front of me!!"

I couldn't understand why when it was "right in front of him" that he couldn't see it wasn't secretive or deceitful. Just friendly. I always know all the guys business--whose cheating on whom, where they were the night b4, and it's never been questioned that they cannot let me know this stuff or I'll tell. It's just understood I guess. I'm glad people think I am a cool girl--but sometimes it's hard to keep a guy like that.

If you're a secure guy that likes to have a blast and someone with a great sense of humor--then we would have a great time going out with each other!! NOW--back to the original subject---would you wait to call a girl like that until Thursday??? I think NOT!!

When will guys learn that women just want to feel irresistable to their guy? DOn't wait to call! Don't play games. Just be honest. I guess it takes a certain age to get to realize honesty is under rated and game playing is for 20 yr olds.

What ARE you doing this weekend anyway, Corey?

Old 08-26-2005, 08:57 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

Hoop HB UserHoop HB User

Don't blame the guy in this case. She is the one that put herself in this position. The guy just asked and she agreed no matter the timing. She could have said, she had set plans already.

What she can do now is call her female friend up and tell her what she did. Play on her sympathy by telling her that she is going to have to call the guy up to cancel because she made plans with her first and it is the right thing to do. Her friend may suggest to take a rain check and encourage her to go out with the guy and everything would turn out OK.

Well, what's the worst that can happen from that? ...... she can invite herself to go along.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:50 AM   #9
Senior Veteran

CoreyP HB User

I wish that I had this problem. Who to go out with.. . If it were me, I would make an excuse up with one, and go out with the other. Just make sure to give the guy a chance that you blew off. These things happen in dating.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:57 AM   #10
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

If the man you have been seeing doesn't confirm your date by Wednesday, then you have every right to make other plans. That's just common courtesy. I would go out with my girlfriend and tell him you already made plans for Friday. Besides, if you are not so easily available, it will only increase his attraction to you. Good luck.

Old 08-26-2005, 10:31 AM   #11
Inactive

Lover's Mirage HB User

Go pick up your friend(or vice versa) and paint the town. Friends are forever...let him wait he'll be around.

Old 08-27-2005, 10:20 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

laurie864bla HB User

SOOOOO---What did you decide and finally do last night?? Guy or girl??

Old 08-27-2005, 02:17 PM   #13
(female)

Destiny79 HB User
Wink Re: Double booked for Friday night. Who do I put off?

Well I did the right thing, you are all so right. I told him I couldn't see him and I went out with my mate. I was really worried he'd get pee-d off with me, but by 7pm that friday evening. I was surprised to find a text from him on my phone asking if he could meet up with me sunday instead, which I found strange as he told me he was away all weekend. Guess he misses me. SO were meeting up sunday now. I guess me putting him off made him more eager to see me, and actually made me look like I don't just drop everything at the drop of a hat, when he clicks his fingers, as thats what I normally do. Guess its just love. I know I shouldn't and i'm really gonna try hard now to be busy and not to act so eager as he takes advantage of it. I suppose if I get into the habit of making plans, then maybe he'll start to give me a bit more notice when he wants to meet up with me. Instead of 24 hours notice!
So anyway, thanks guys and girls, I had a great time with my mate last night as well. got very drunk, missed the last train home and ended up getting the night bus at 3 in the morning. In our drunken stupor, we then decided to walk the 2 miles from the bus stop instead of getting a cab. Blimey, my blisters this morning!! And the headache!!
Moral of this story I suppose is if he really likes you, you wont put him off by saying no. He'll just try harder to see you next time.
So ta everyone. Your fab. What would I do without you. Just wish it wasn't so hard for me to say no to him as maybe then he wouldn't take advantage of the fact that he knows I'm so into him.

Closed Thread