It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-25-2005, 03:22 PM   #1
(male)

whnygoat HB User
Ex-Girlfriend Questions..

Hey guys, me and my girlfriend broke up yesterday, and i she kept saying that she was sorry for breaking up with me today...

But anyways, I was wondering.. What does this mean? is she pitying me? Thats what im thinking, but alot of girls said that its because she misses me, or are we wrong? I still really love her, and the reason we broke up was because she said that she didnt feel our spark anymore, but i still did.

any serious input is welcomed.

Old 08-25-2005, 05:14 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

dsleik HB User
Re: Ex-Girlfriend Questions..

sorry for your breaking up. its kinda impossible to tell what she means by saying shes sorry. im guessing she just wants "space" for a while. i think if she dates around, her decision will effect if she comes back to you or not if you truly made her happy. good luck

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

eaglesgirl37 HB User

I think the biggest mistake people make when dating is whenever something bad and/or confusing happens, they go around asking all their friends what they think. And of course the friends have even less idea than the person involved, but they want to be nice and optimistic, so they tell their friend what they want to hear and put the best possible spin on the situation. Time and time again here we see people list tons of reasons to believe that someone isn't interested or that a relationship is over for good, then say, but a lot of my friends think...followed by a very unlikely best case scenario that you can tell the person desperately wants to be true. I highly recommend keeping your friends out of this and evaluating her behavior objectively on your own. It's one thing to rely on your friends for support and to keep busy and distract you with lots of fun, but please don't let their well-meaning advice provide you with a justification to keep your hopes up and cling to the possibility that this girl actually wants to be with you again. I'm sorry to be so blunt here, but she's given you numerous, very consistent and clear signs that she wants to split up and move on: she's talking with the other guy a lot, making excuses not to talk to you or see you, telling she doesn't feel chemistry with you anymore, etc. I'm sorry things didn't work out better, but I really think you need to stop thinking about this situation and accept that it's over. You are so young, with so much fun stuff to enjoy and so many other great single girls out there...my advice is to let this girl go and hold out for someone who is as crazy about you as you are about her. Sorry again that things didn't turn out better, but I think it's for the best in the long run, and now you're free to be single and play the field! Good luck and have fun!

Old 08-25-2005, 10:06 PM   #4
(male)

whnygoat HB User

Hi, uh i would like to say that

a. we already broke up, she told me that she was sorry for breaking up with me, but you didnt really answer my question.. lol

b. it may also be a factor that were both still 15 and young, and her emotions are taking over.

Old 08-26-2005, 02:29 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

mada_3083 HB User

what was your question that wasn't answered...

basically... the girl has broken up with you... she's either saying sorry to clear her own concious for doing it, or pitying you. whatever the reason, it's no longer your concern.

oh and i would hope that her emotions are taking over... that's what relationships should be based on

Old 08-26-2005, 02:38 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

eaglesgirl37 HB User

Yeah, what was your question that didn't get answered? I thought you were asking if she was pitying you or if she wanted to get back together, and I said I highly doubt she wants to get back together. She's probably saying sorry because she knows it hurt you to lose her, and she feels badly for losing her feelings for you while you were still emotionally attached for her. I don't see where anyone said that you hadn't broken up yet or ignored your question, so I really have no idea what you were talking about in your last post or where you got the impressions you expressed. But hopefully you realize that she has moved on and that it's over for good between you...she may feel guilty about leaving you, but that doesn't mean she regrets her decision or wants you back. You should assume it's over for good unless she clearly tells you otherwise, but I wouldn't count on that happening, as it sounds like she has moved on to this other guy. Even if she does change her mind at some point, I would strongly caution you against giving her another chance...if she could change her mind about having feelings for you and dump you (probably) for anothe man, what's to say she wouldn't do it again? You deserve a girl who can be faithful and loyal to you whose feelings for you are just as strong as your feelings for her. If you still have questions you didn't get answers to, feel free to ask, but I think we're very confused as to what those questions might be. I guess it seems obvious to us that it's over, and that thinking about what she's thinking or why she's saying things is only a waste of your time that will get in the way of you moving on and being happy again. So while none of us can know for sure what she "means" by saying she's sorry, I bet she means exactly what she said, that she feels badly that things didn't work out better and that she left you hurting. But it really doesn't matter anyway...it's time to stop thinking about her and get on with your life.

Closed Thread