It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-26-2005, 08:12 AM   #1
(female)

SarahArnett243 HB User
Question Could he be cheating?

Usually my boyfriend and I spend a lot of time together...we recently went to the Keys together for a week. We've been together 8 months and I love him more than anything else in the world, and I know he loves me too. We've talked about cheating, and obviously neither of us want the other to cheat. But...I just started my classes and I'm at the college from 9 or 9:30am, until 1:50 or so. He works from 2am to around 2pm. So when I get home from school, he goes home and goes to bed. Alot of times he doesn't call me, and doesn't come see me anymore. I actually haven't seen him in 3 days, but usually I see him everyday. Also, before, when I would see him, he acted normal and affectionate and we still made love and everything. The only reason I really think he might be cheating is because he seems to avoid me sometimes, and also, he works with this girl Tracey at work...but she's ugly and fat and way not in his standards. Also, I have no reason to not trust him, his family would be mad if he cheated and we work together, so I'd definitely find out. So am I being irrational?

-Sarah

Last edited by SarahArnett243; 08-26-2005 at 08:14 AM.

Old 08-26-2005, 08:30 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User
Re: Could he be cheating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahArnett243
Usually my boyfriend and I spend a lot of time together...we recently went to the Keys together for a week. We've been together 8 months and I love him more than anything else in the world, and I know he loves me too. We've talked about cheating, and obviously neither of us want the other to cheat. But...I just started my classes and I'm at the college from 9 or 9:30am, until 1:50 or so. He works from 2am to around 2pm. So when I get home from school, he goes home and goes to bed. Alot of times he doesn't call me, and doesn't come see me anymore. I actually haven't seen him in 3 days, but usually I see him everyday. Also, before, when I would see him, he acted normal and affectionate and we still made love and everything. The only reason I really think he might be cheating is because he seems to avoid me sometimes, and also, he works with this girl Tracey at work...but she's ugly and fat and way not in his standards. Also, I have no reason to not trust him, his family would be mad if he cheated and we work together, so I'd definitely find out. So am I being irrational?

-Sarah
Sarah, yes I do think you may be jumping the gun a little here. Maybe he needs some alone time or something like that. It 's really not a good idea to see him every day at this point, anyway. Give him some time to miss you. Just wait for him to get in touch and don't center your whole life around him. Continue to do the things you enjoy doing without him. You will be more appealing to him. Good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-26-2005, 08:46 AM   #3
(female)

Lilly10 HB User

Hi Sarah, Based on your post I do think something may be going on with your relationship but not necessarily that he is cheating. It sounds like he is working alot and maybe he is just tired have you tried to talk to him about any of this. I would approch him and ask if everything is alright latley as you feel a little distant from him. Personaly I would not bring up the cheating thing just yet as I think you feel confused because he seems to be avoiding you and perhaps your mind is just going a thousand miles a minute. The best thing to do is have a talk and see where you two stand with eachother.

Old 08-26-2005, 09:23 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

laurie864bla HB User

I agree totally with greeneyes. COuldn't have said it better. I always like her posts. Smart cookie.

Old 08-26-2005, 04:23 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

dsleik HB User

if you love him, trust him

Old 08-27-2005, 06:00 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

I also think you may be worrying over nothing here. These thoughts may be coming from the lack of time the two of you are use to having. I know when my fiance and I were dating for over a year he kinda changed on me and it made me worry too. He use to take whatever time he could to spend w/me then he just out of the blue started going out with friends he hardly hung out with before we started dated so I was super worried.

It turned out to be nothing but it ended up being unwanted and avoidable stress. I know you dont have school on weekends ( i too have to face school and a relationship soon) try to put together some times where you know you can spend it with him.

And like dsleik said, if you love him trust him...whose to say he isnt feeling the same towards you?!

Old 08-27-2005, 06:43 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

SayMoo HB User

oh for ...

you havent seen him in 3 days?!!!!!!!!

oh my god.

thats nothing.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:54 AM   #8
(female)

SarahArnett243 HB User
Talking Re: Could he be cheating?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayMoo
oh for ...

you havent seen him in 3 days?!!!!!!!!

oh my god.

thats nothing.

Well- we're used to spending a lot more time together than that. Your post was REALLLLY helpful though, and I hope you sense my sarcasm

To everyone else, thanks. I was overreacting, we talked about it when I finally did see him that day and we're better than ever before.

Closed Thread