It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-27-2005, 06:39 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

SayMoo HB User
Im in the weirdest relationship

Sometimes i dont understand my boyfriend at all.. Me and him we live 20 minutes from each other (a 20 min drive)..and we only meet up once a week..sometimes once every two weeks because we're both at college and he has "work to do" or is "tired" whatever. He hardly calls me..we hardly talk. I call him sometimes..but i just feel like such a loser calling him..and you know..i do the right thing and tell him how i feel even tho it feels like im asking for something that should come natrually (he should want to call right) blah..so we have this talk and then he starts calling every day or every two days and then he chills out and doesnt call for a while(its been like this for like 2 years now)..i know its a small thing but it , it makes me feel like he doesnt miss me and it makes me question our relationship.

Anyways, i dont think there'll be a relationship to question after next weekend coz we have this thing to go to... and its a family thing..and im HORRIBLY shy around his family..i just sit there and smile and answer questions politely but thats about it..which makes me feel ilke an idiot but i cant help it.. Ive only started to get to know them recently and yeah
Im still shy ..but he doesnt understand it..he thinks its immaturity.
He assumes its ok to be shy the first time but not after ive seen them for like 3-4 times..but my shyness is still there...and im starting to think im a freak too...im not like this around other people..just his family..i just care so much about what they'll think and i shouldnt but i do and argh!!

So yeah im just so depressed right now i think im gonna dye my hair black.
=(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-27-2005, 08:50 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

LittleRose1982 HB User
Re: Im in the weirdest relationship

Hey SayMoo! I'm curious as to your age and your boyfriend's age. It sounds either like you two are very young, or that this just isn't much of a relationship at all. I know you're upset, but you've got to make your needs a priority! It is NOT too much to ask that your boyfriend at least contact you on a regular basis!! It sounds like he might just be keeping you around for convenience... so he has a "girlfriend" to bring to family functions. You are better than that and deserve to be more than just a part-time convenience girlfriend!!
And now, on top of it all, you're stressing over making a good impression for his family! What has he done for you that makes him deserving of such effort on your behalf?!
I think you should re-evaluate what exactly you want out of a relationship, that way you can really see just how much he falls short. Don't settle for anything less than what you deserve!

Old 08-28-2005, 01:59 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

SayMoo HB User
Re: Im in the weirdest relationship

We're both 20. We've been together for 2 almot 3 years, so i dont think he is keeping me around for convenience..when i confront him he tells me he has heaps to study and lots of assignments to do etc etc..like i said we're both at college. I know it isnt too much to ask.. It just makes me feel like im the one NEEDING HIM and he doesnt need me at all. I dont want him to see me because I 'request' it..or because its something that i need..i want him to do it because he wants to..because he misses me ..
Meh..
I know that im the one who cares more in this relationship.. i just dont know

Closed Thread