It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2005, 10:51 AM   #1
(female)

swtscgrl HB User
please i need someones input!!!

ok this story may sound a little fishy but its the truth. I was on a dating site and this guy ended up emailing me saying " his son plays proffessional baseball and he thinks we would make a cute couple" I was like ok, whatever, this must be a joke or something. So I emailed him back anyways asking his name and all and where I can see pics of him. So all was good and all I saw pics and articles on him but, wasnt really believing it. First off, why would his dad be finding him a girl second off, i thought maybe this guy was just a perv ( u know how crazy ppl on internet can be)! So a couple weeks went by and I got a message on yahoo from his son. We talked for like months it took a while b4 I actually believed it was him. He was moving so quick saying he wanted to date me and he loved me , wanted us to be together for a long time. he kept mentioning that i am too good 4 him . I just told him hes crazy no hes not! During this time I still kinda thought he was lying about who he was. Until, he sent me autographed ball, and pictures to me in the mail. Finally, we stopped this whole chattin online and started talking on the phone. Being im very shy and he is also we didnt say as much on the phone. Finally I went to go see him one weekend and everything went great! I mean he acted like he was really interested he reached out and grabbed my hand, and we kissed and all that good stuff. The day I came home he called to make sure i made it home safe and all. But, afterwards he only called me occasionally. He acted like something was really bugging him. I even talked to his dad and he said the same thing. I found out him and his room mates got into a huge argument an all but, dont know what about. I don't know how all of a sudden just after meeting me did he change his mind! I started to think he wasnt attracted to me but he saw pics of me and me on webcam so can that still be the case? All I want to know is if a guy didnt like u why would he initiate reaching out and kissing you and holding ur hand , and holding u all night long. Grrr!! I am soo confused . I know he has a huge career also and he cant let anything get in the way! Another weird thing is he has only had 2 girl friends in his whole life and hes 22. we did have sex which was totally out of my character and he really didnt know what he was doing. That is not important to me. after wards he held me. but the second time afterward he just layed in the bed silent . when i asked him if i did anything wrong he said no and reached over and kissed me like 5 times. it was very weird! when i got home he didnt call me that much and when i asked him why he says he has a busy schedule. I told him i might be pregnant so that might be extra stressful on him. ( keep in mind we are supposobly dating). I don't know i am just totally stressing over this for no reason! Does he not like me ? How could he just totally change his mind about me? Please anybody can u give me some advice!!! I need a mans advice!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2005, 02:52 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

eaglesgirl37 HB User
Re: please i need someones input!!!

First of all, you need to start using reliable birth control AND condoms each and every time you have sex. Especially when you are with a professional athlete; who knows what diseases they have! There is just no excuse for risking pregnancy or fatal STDs when they are both easy to protect against almost 100%. Secondly, something about this situation just seems strange to me. I wonder if he knows that he's bad in bed and is now embarrassed around you? It seems really odd that a professional athlete would have such little sexual experience and lack skills/talent in that area--I mean, to be sexually clumsy only have had two partners (or less, who knows if he even slept with his exes?) is pretty pathetic for any 22yo, but especially for someone who has pretty women constantly throwing themselves at him! It's also pathetic that an attractive guy, let alone a famous one, has to have his dad find him dates online...I wonder if he's gay? That might explain why he had such a disturbing fall out with his "roommate" and why he is so sexually inexperienced and unskilled. I've never slept with a guy who was a really bad lover; I would think as long as he was enthusiastic and willing to take instructions, he'd be at least okay. But being gay would definitely explain why he was a lousy partner and why he acted so weird after you slept together...but I don't know. It just sounds strange to me that his dad is pushing women on him, that he told you he loved you before he even met you Some men are just really shy and not that interested in women because they have low sex drives, and other men are just asexual. I would guess that he doesn't put much effort into dating if other people are out finding dates for him. Whatever his deal is, I highly doubt it has anything to do with you, so please don't stress out too much. I suggest you meet up with him again soon and sit him down for a conversation...without being accusatory or acting in a way that would put him on the defensive, tell him you've noticed him acting a bit distant lately and you'd like to know if there's something wrong or something you could do to put him more at ease. See if he'll open up and clue you into whatever is bothering him...otherwise, I'd just give it some time and see if he snaps out of it. If he continues to act really distant and odd, I'd move on...there are tons of guys out there who will be consistently attentive and enthusiastic about being with you (not to mention much more skillful and energetic lovers! ) I hope things work out okay, and please don't be hard on yourself and assume you are the problem. Good luck and take care!

Old 08-28-2005, 03:29 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

laurie864bla HB User

Thinkin same thing, Eaglesgirl. Gay AND what the hell are you doing having unprotected sex with ANYBODY new--much less a professional athlete??? Shake your head, hon. DO you hear a rattle?? Sorry, I'm not trying to be mean--just knock some sense into ya. Get tested, and get outta there!!

Old 08-29-2005, 11:37 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

dsleik HB User

eaglesgirl makes it sound like professional athletes have diseases and should not be bad in bed.... WHATTTTTTTTTT wow, why does it matter what they do for their profession. not all athletes sleep around... BUt why would you sleep w someone you dont know, let alone unprotected... you should be tested and also, you and he cant love eachother without meeting and only a short amt of time. its clear that all he wanted was sex, regardless if he held you and kissed you and whatnot. he got what he wanted, and maybe he really did sleep w more than 2 pple even if he wasnt good in bed. getting preg by him would be the stupidest thing you could do and would not be in the best intersest of a child right now. and why would he have his dad set him up? weird, maybe it wasnt really his dad. i dont agree w internet dating either tho. i dont think hes gay, but im sure hes a player. i hope you didnt sleep w him to say yo slept w a professional athlete!

Old 08-29-2005, 01:02 PM   #5
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

First of all, it's never a good idea to sleep with a total stranger the first night you meet him. Most men still believe in the double standard, and to be quite frank, he probably does not have as much respect for you because you slept with him on the first date. However, what's done is done.

Are you absolutely positive you are pregnant? You definitely should have taken the proper precautions and used birth control (a condom). Also, there is no need to tell him you are pregnant unless you know for sure. That will surely send him heading for the hills just as fast as his feet will take him.

If I were you, I would just forget this guy. Just try to learn from the experience and next time, wait a little while before having sexual relations.

Like the other poster said, he got what he wanted, and now he's ready to move on.

He's not worth tormenting about, so don't bother.

Old 08-29-2005, 02:14 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

netle HB User

To be honest, my first thought after reading your story was that this guy isn't a professional at all. He probably made this whole story up to meet women off the internet and use them for sex. And yea, I am probably way too cynical but the internet is a convenient place for scams.

I don't believe it was wise to meet a complete stranger off the internet at a private place and end up having sex without protection. It's not that I have anything against meeting people offline, I've done it myself. You just have to be smart about it and meet up at public locations and allow time to get to know each other. Women have been raped and killed by doing stuff like this so it's not something you should just jump into.

You never said, did you ever meet or talk to his father in person or on the phone? Idunno, the whole things weird and maybe you should do some research on this guy. Maybe even hire a private detective to make sure he is who he says he is. If all comes up clear, then you can worry about him not liking you.

Idunno... Maybe I'm being TOO cynical. I just don't have a good feeling about this...

Old 08-29-2005, 04:39 PM   #7
Inactive

Missylynn HB User

I agree with the other posters who think this situation is weird. I also think that this guy may be an impersonator. There are stories of celebrity look-a-likes getting free goods etc. This is too strange, especially the part about the father.

Swtscgrl, please be careful. Have him checked out.

Old 08-29-2005, 05:00 PM   #8
Inactive

Soulcatcher HB User

I can NOT believe this post is real. I am sitting here with my jaw dropped. A
professional" ball player or any professional organization has "standards". They have a certain contact to what they can do. I really do NOT believe that if this guy was on a professional team that he grabbed some girl that his father talked to on the internet and fell in love and had mad passionate love with her. Come on.....you better hope this guy wasn't infected with HIV. I can not believe you pull the "oh I might be pregnant" card. You JUST met him!! Do you really wonder why he is running away? Lets see.....here's a girl who was talking to an elderly gentleman on line and decided she would meet his son after only hearing a story that could be true or untrue, THEN...have sex right away and claim she might be pg. SCARY!! What if he only "looks" like the ball player and they wanted to see how far some chick would actually go as far as believing it? Anyone can buy an autographed ball cheap. My advice seriously is to go get counseling and get checked! You are lucky you didn't get raped or killed and hopefully you didn't catch HIV.I hope you step back and really listen to what these posters are trying to tell you. Good luck.

Last edited by Soulcatcher; 08-29-2005 at 05:07 PM.

Old 08-29-2005, 06:08 PM   #9
Inactive
(female)

dsleik HB User

good point guys.. i never thought she could have been w an impersonator. the internet can be deceiving and full of scams so be careful. please tell me you atleast knew this guys name because if not then there is a serious self esteem issue w you. i would search this guys name or any info your now about his "profession" this truly was unsafe and i hope you learned not to take chances like this anymore... there is better ways to get attention (in a positive way)

Closed Thread