It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2005, 07:52 PM   #1
(male)

Chagi0604 HB User
Unhappy Controll Freak G/F (Help)

My Fiance is a controll freak. Anybody know how I can help her find out why she needs to do this and does anyone have the same issue.Here is list of things she tries to make me do , I say try becuase I fight the power, hence we argue.

#1 Brush my teeth for exaclty 3 minutes
#2 If I pick a product she will put it back and take the same brand but a box further back in the shelf
#3 Watches my weight and asks for unrealstic goals. (I look good already)
#4 Complains I close the freezer door by lifting the handle and closing instead of just shutting it
#5 Says I waste money by pressing the door close button in the elavator in our condo (yes i'm seriouse)
#6 Stop walking down the stairs so hard
#7 When folding the laundry fold the towels her way since mine uses 1 extra fold
#8 On top of this is the usual stuff ...fridge open ...lights on .... rinse soap off before drying face ect... ect ... ect ...

I love my fiance very much but this is killing me.

Old 08-29-2005, 07:57 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

laurie864bla HB User
Re: Controll Freak G/F (Help)

You are freaking crazy if you marry this woman. Sorry, I'm blunt. Why on earth would you want to be with someone who treats you this way? You're going to be miserable. Marriage only intensifies these things. Trust me on that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2005, 08:04 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

dsleik HB User

sounds like you let her control you even if you fight it. she us crazy and wants you to be perfect. how are you living like that without going insane. try talking w her about this issue or you will never work out a healthy marriage

Old 08-29-2005, 08:17 PM   #4
(female)

angelblue65 HB User

I could be way off base here, especially since I"m just learning about it myself - but is it possible your fiance is experiencing signs of OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) or Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder (there is a difference I'm finding).

Check out that board and do some research to see if anything else fits.

At least you are being aware now - enough time to address the issue and hopefully work on this issue. Good luck to you!

Old 08-29-2005, 10:53 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

glamourgal HB User

Oh Goodness!! If someone was being like that towards me I would go crazy !!!!!! Let her know that the way she is treating you (childlike) is causing problems in your relationship and they need to be addressed ASAP! Maybe some counseling and/or therapy would help. Anyway, something needs to be done soon because besides going completely crazy , you might also end up resenting the way she is treating you, and that will cause major problems down the road. Good luck!!

Old 08-30-2005, 04:57 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

EEE Gads!!!!!!!!!!!! She is beyond control freak - She's a freak PERIOD!!!!
Seriously, it sounds like she has OCD and is trying to make you have it too. All the things your described are symptoms of someone with OCD. She needs professional help.

Old 08-30-2005, 05:12 AM   #7
(female)

Painyoufeel HB User

I agree with those that said she sounds like she has OCD. Either way she definitely needs professional help. I dont know how you put up with that!

Old 08-30-2005, 05:43 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

netle HB User

Yes, have her see a therapist and get her evaluated for Obsessive Compulsive Disorder. This girl is in need of serious and professional help.

Old 08-30-2005, 06:42 AM   #9
(female)

Lilly10 HB User

Surely neither of you will ever be happy with your fiance acting like this! I agree with everyone sounds like she has OCD. This is way beyond control freak. She needs help with this matter as that is no way to live!

Old 08-30-2005, 08:54 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Wow, how did you even get to the point of being engaged?? It always amazes me to no end that people with some major mental or personality problems always seem to find people who put up with them and are even willing to marry them.

Old 08-31-2005, 06:08 AM   #11
(male)

kingam HB User

i was with someone controlling, although not as bad as her. with my ex, she just had these expectations of the relationship that she would place on ME... it was impossible... ultimately we broke up...

i would say be VERY careful about marrying her. she will not change. it will probably only get worse.

Closed Thread