It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2005, 06:39 PM   #1
Veteran

BLUE EYED LADY HB User
Loving Our Neighbor - The Victims Of Hurricane Katrina

Hi Everyone,
During the time that I have been a member of Healthboards, I have been touched to see the love and support that you have shown to one another. Although you may not know each other personally, you have cared enough to listen and be there for someone that needs a helping hand. Behind these keyboards are real people hurting and struggling along life's sometimes difficult path. When you take the time to listen and respond to other's needs, you have made a difference in their lives. I am coming to you now to ask you to also make a difference in the lives of men, women and children that are suffering in ways we can not even imagine.
Although this may seen a little unusual, I feel there is no better place to post this than on the relationship thread since it involves loving our neighbors- the victims of Hurricane Katrina. I feel burdened to reach out to all of you and ask you to join hands with me to help our neighbors, our fellow country men, women and children that are suffering and in tremendous need right now.
I thought it would be wonderful if we all join hands together and extend them out in love to help the refugees. They are hungry, thirsty and homeless and need our help.
I am asking those of you that are interested, to call the Red Cross or a reputable charity and make a donation. If you do feel lead to do this, please respond on this post and we will see what a difference we can make in the life of others when we join hands in unity.
TOGETHER WE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL

( removed - copyright means don't copy it )

Last edited by moderator2; 09-01-2005 at 07:17 PM. Reason: please do not post copyrighted material - please follow the posting rules

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-02-2005, 07:02 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
Re: Loving Our Neighbor - The Victims Of Hurricane Katrina

Hi Blue I can't help but feel so helpless in terms of helping these people out. Last night my husband and I watched the news and were heartbroken looking at all the people who have been displaced suddenly from their homes, loved ones, food, water, medical care and then exposed to the looting and violence that follows. I wished I was nearby so that I could open up my home for a fresh shower, a hot meal, refreshing cold drinks. And then I came to your post and it shows me that even if we cannot do that...we CAN do something.

You are absolutely right...think about if each one of us who have not been devastated in such a way donated just $20....the Red Cross would have the resources to give immediate aid to these poor people. I have already made my donation and hope that many others will as well, knowing that when we give to others we get back so much more. Sometimes we forget just how much we can do when we feel helpless. ~ Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 09-02-2005 at 07:25 AM.

Old 09-02-2005, 03:58 PM   #3
(male)

M1K3L HB User

I live in a nearby area, I'm Located in Pensacola, FL, I'm 10 Miles from the AL State Border, and I'm 40 Miles from Mobile, AL.

We did get very minor damage here, we lost power for around an hour during the storm.

My Uncles Ex Wife (My cousins mom) lives in New Orleans and they lost everything from what I hear.

A Coworker of mine was quitting his job soon to take care of his wife at home who has cancer... The Hurricane caused an Electrical fire in his home and they lost everything... He doesn't know what he's going to do yet.

This storm is also affecting me, with the soaring gas prices, and since we are so close to the affected areas.. Everyone is coming here for gas, so yes, there's a massive gas shortage here. The Gas Lines yesterday were 20-30 car's long to the very few places that did have gas... Wait time was over 2 hours.

If this keeps up very much longer, I'm going to have no choice but to quit my job. I drive 40 Miles round trip everyday, and it's getting near impossable to find gas these days, and with the prices, I just simply cannot afford it anymore.

I feel sorry for the people in New Orleans, but I honestly think this storm will hit everyone very hard in the weeks to come with gas prices as they are.

I want to help out, but I'm in such a hole Financially, that I've got no money to offer. I have a lot of clothes I could give, and I also have a few computers I could give away to the people in need, but I think that's the last things they need right now.

Old 09-03-2005, 06:06 AM   #4
Inactive

Missylynn HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by goody2shuz
You are absolutely right...think about if each one of us who have not been devastated in such a way donated just $20....the Red Cross would have the resources to give immediate aid to these poor people. I have already made my donation and hope that many others will as well, knowing that when we give to others we get back so much more. Sometimes we forget just how much we can do when we feel helpless. ~ Goody
I couldn't have said it better. Many of us are wondering what we can do and are feeling helpless. My family and I have donated financially. My daughter is going to start a food drive Tuesday at her school.

This is our country and we need to come to its rescue.

Closed Thread