It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-05-2005, 12:37 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

laurie864bla HB User
question about potential date

Hi all!!

Wanted to get some opinions on something if I may. There's this man I have seen at my pool, twice now, visiting his eldrely father and bringing his young son. He is very nice looking and seems very interested in me. I like the way he interacts with his young son, seems very devoted, but still gets to sneek in the "Hi" and other small talk with me.

The lifeguards tell me he totally checks me out when I am not looking.he he. So, the last time he came to visit, he went to his car and the same time I did, made some small talk and fiddled with stuff trying to look busy. I think it would have been weird had he asked me out right then and there, and he didn't but seemed very interested and flirty.

So--I see him again today--of course it being the LAST stinking day the pool is open!! He got a chair next to mine, and continued the same prior behavior. Since I am with my son, and he with his, I guess it's had to guess whether or not we are attached--so maybe a bit more awkward, ya know?

My question is this...

If I am interested, and I am really sure he is, do you think running into his father and asking him if his son is single would be too forward?( he doesn't live here in the neighborhood--and I may not see him again cuz the pool's now closed for winter) I mean, he's either single, or he's a darn dog cuz he made it obvious he was interested in me. And if the answer is 'no--its not too forward' then if his dad says 'yes, he's single' how acceptable is it to then say, "Would you mind giving him my phone number if you think he'd like to have it? He seemed very nice and maybe he'd like to go out sometime."

His dad seemed nice and outgoing for an elderly gentleman, so I don't think it would be a problem on his end, but is this even acceptable or is it weird? I just feel this electric thing going on, and he may have wanted to ask me out, but the situation was such that I could see how it would have been awkward or not sure if I was married or something. He had no wedding ring--but it was the pool--so maybe that doesn't mean too much, ya know?

By the way, I am 38 and he looks about the same, maybe a couple yrs older, so if that makes a difference in what you feel is acceptable in our stage of life with the whole dating scene again. I would imagine it's probably new for him again too--his son looked under two. Any comments on this would be appreciated. I'm kinda new at what is acceptable, and I don't want to look like some pushy Trixie McBimbo! LOL!!

If I don't do something-I'll probably not have an op to see him again, and he was very cute and nice and a good daddy--all of which made me interested. Thanks guys.--Laurie

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2005, 01:35 PM   #2
Inactive
(female)

dsleik HB User
Re: question about potential date

hey trixie mcbimbo!! hahah im jk, no i dont think its weird....if you definately feel an attraction that you obviously can ignore, then yes, definately approach his dad, especially if you wont be seeing the guy around for a while! i think it's even more acceptable if you have talked w his dad in the past, and the fact that you said his dad is nice and outgoing is a plus too! nothing wrong w getting a little info from him!! besides its pretty clear that this guy is attracted to you ( yeah hope hes not married..) but im sure you wouldve seen the wife around if he was! good sign!!! i would just make small talk w his dad too. like "oh your grandson is so cute, where does your son live?....then get into the marriage detail!! especially if his dad likes you then maybe he can set you up! worth a try, youre not psycho for doing it. who knows maybe its your soulmate! good luck!

Old 09-05-2005, 01:42 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

I don't see anything wrong with having a little chat with the grandfather and trying to extract some info, either. I like Dsleik's suggestion about asking some innocent questions about the grandson, and then proceeding from there. If you find out the guy is divorced, try to find out for how long. If his son is under 2 years old, I guess he hasn't been potentially divorced for that long, but then again, there's no point in speculating. You obviously like the guy and it seems he likes you, so why stay in the dark when one simple conversation with the grandpa can answer all your questions, and maybe even lead to a date! Good luck, Laurie!

Old 09-05-2005, 02:21 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

laurie864bla HB User

OK--cool. Gonna do it!! Time to start walkin my greyhound a bit more so I can run into dad! Ha!!

PS--Isn't Trixie McBimbo so funny?! My daughter and I's saying when I ask her about an outfit or somehting, and if it's like slutty or something she goes, "No...too Trixie McBimbo!!" It cracks me up!!

Closed Thread