It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-08-2005, 08:28 PM   #1
(female)

SweetHome HB User
Dating an Emotional Vault

I was just wondering what is the difference between the man who doesn't feel anything and the man who doesn't talk about his emotions?

I am dating a man who acts like he feels something for me, all the signs are there, however, he has never came out and said anything. One time he told me I was one of the most important people in his life besides his best friend and his brother. One time. The sex is intense and great, we have great conversations and good times in each other's company. Everything is fine, except I am not getting the words that I want to hear.

Am I just looking for problems?

Old 09-08-2005, 09:24 PM   #2
Veteran
(female)

stuckmissy HB User
Re: Dating an Emotional Vault

This is hard to say..what level is your relationship at..if any that you know of. Do you talk about the future etc.etc.
A man who doesn't feel emotions is not a man..everyone has feelings and true some people simply have a hard time expressing them especially if they think it won't be openly received. Others like the guy i've dated for what feels like forever..sounds a lot like your guy! I'm oh so important..but apparently not enough to love yet he does yet..there is never an "i love you". Not saying at all this is the case with you two..sorry i'm a little bitter..and wrapped up in me. Back to you..please please please start talking to him about this now. You'll drive yourself crazy as i think you already are trying to figure him out. This could be his way of expressing himself at this time.. he could become more expressive as time goes on. If his brother and his best friend are high priorities to him then isn't it great he puts you up there too!!!! Acknowledge what he does express and return it with like expressions and maybe it will become easier for him to do.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2005, 07:25 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

Look at his actions, more so than his words. It's very hard for men to communicate verbally how they feel. It's especially hard for them to say the "L" word.

If you are happy and he treats you well, I wouldn't worry about him saying the words right now.

Give it time.

Old 09-09-2005, 08:01 AM   #4

Daphnee HB User

Hi SweetHome,

I like the title of this thread because that is what many men are....emotional vaults. The more we insist on more wirds with them, the less we will get, they're just afraid of themselves, and alot don't know any better. Maybe their afraid of losing control, that can be a scary thing for men I'm assuming

It seems in order to keep that macho persona men must go to insane and idiotic lengths to get their point across. Women will never understand men period. We have to learn that men and women are two seperate entitys trying to find some sort of common ground without getting too caught up in the love game.

To me actions are louder than words, and trust me, if he loves you, you'll actually feel it. You'll know and sense in your mind if he is true or not in time.

Old 09-09-2005, 09:08 AM   #5
(female)

SweetHome HB User

That is the rub you know, I am being treated well and am happy. His actions tell me that I am important to him. He just doesn't say the words.

You all are right that I am worrying about something that doesn't need to be worried about right now. Like my earlier question, I sometimes think that I look for problems because I feel so good. I recognize this in myself.

Thanks for your replies

Old 09-09-2005, 01:36 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

evy38 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes100
Look at his actions, more so than his words. It's very hard for men to communicate verbally how they feel. It's especially hard for them to say the "L" word.

If you are happy and he treats you well, I wouldn't worry about him saying the words right now.

Give it time.
Right on GE! Actions speak so much louder then words. Men don't put the same importance, that we do, on words.

Closed Thread