It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-13-2005, 11:26 AM   #1
(female)

sml83 HB User
gift ideas

My boyfriend and I have been together for almost a year... our 1 year anniversary is coming up soon, and I don't know what kind of gift to give him.
This is my first relationship that has lasted more than a couple months, and I know he's the one I'm going to marry (!!!) so I want to do something special for him.
Anyone have any ideas?
thanks in advance!

Old 09-13-2005, 11:39 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User
Re: gift ideas

I'm thinking I'd save the good ideas for the 1st Wedding Anniversary!
Dating a year is great, but men don't usually see these none-marriage annniversaries the same way we do!!
Howabout a gift certificate for a restaurant that you both enjoy and add tickets to a local event? (The deal is that he invites you to use them too!)
Otherwise, you know his interests I'd guess -
Although I'd be careful to not spend too much or make too huge a deal about it unless he initiates it. (Do you think he knows the date without you telling him???!!)

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-13-2005, 11:54 AM   #3
(female)

sml83 HB User

Yeah...
we're really good with keeping dates... (he remembers everything in detail about our first date... down to which shoes I was wearing.)
We usually do something for each month anniversary... most of the time it was just going out to dinner, but a couple of times he brought flowers over to my house to surprise me.
I have a feeling he's going to get me something for our year, but I don't want to spend a lot of money... I want to do something "different" and unique.
I was thinking about making a flash movie with macromedia... but that takes a lot of time and I work full-time.
I do like your ideas about the gift certificate and tickets though!

Old 09-13-2005, 11:58 AM   #4
(female)

Lilly10 HB User

Well he sounds like a hopeless romantic that is sweet! I guess it would help us make suggestions if we knew what kind of things he likes such as sports, music, the outdoors etc...

Old 09-13-2005, 12:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

Wow. He's a rare one!

Old 09-13-2005, 03:07 PM   #6
(female)

sml83 HB User

Thanks guys :-)

To help with ideas of what to get for him, he's into computers... the NY Yankees... cars....that's all I can think of at the moment

Last edited by sml83; 09-13-2005 at 04:11 PM.

Old 09-13-2005, 03:13 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hangin in There HB User

Wow, you get a surprise every month? Lucky girl! I've never had boyfriends like that!

Old 09-14-2005, 12:32 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(male)

mada_3083 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by sml83
Thanks guys :-)

To help with ideas of what to get for him, he's into computers... the NY Yankees... cars....that's all I can think of at the moment

well if you don't want to spend a packet, do something personal... has he got a car? buy a NY Yankees bikini, and wash his car in it (let him watch OF COURSE). my ex did that for my 20th (not the yankees bit) and it cost her $6 for hte cleaning products, $10 for the bikini (which she'll use again) but still sticks in my mind. hehe, the car went from filthy (she got me to take her 4x4ing the day before ) to clean, then we wen't from clean to filthy if you get my drift

alternative, arrange a dinner, a getaway, or something. while being given something is nice, being given a great memory is so much better... no worries about whether it'll fit, or if it's the right colour, or if he'll use it. memories keep us warm at night.

Old 09-14-2005, 07:38 AM   #9
(female)

Lilly10 HB User

Sorry I am from Massachusetts and am a Sox fan so I can not offer any advise for any Yankees fan . Well I would keep it simple and sweet I'm not sure if you cook but you could cook him dinner and stay in and watch the Yankees then give him a massage or something??

Old 09-14-2005, 05:06 PM   #10
(female)

sml83 HB User

You guys are great!! I am liking these ideas a lot

Old 09-14-2005, 05:26 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

Some of us are blessed hey sml83.

My fiancee and i have been dating for over 2 years now. He hasnt forgotten a date yet either. Granted we dont celebrate every month, he's really good about getting me flowers on a monthly basis (still.) Our one year he got me a dozen roses, a stuffed animal, dinner and some piece of jewerly (he's gotten me so many different things like necklaces, rings, braclets ect i cant keep track of which is which date)

So we went "all" out i guess. For our two year we didnt do anything (but i did get an engagment ring about 3 weeks b4 so who could complain right haha)Just do something special and cute. Something I plan on doing for my fiancee for his b-day next month is one of those I.D. Braclets, put his name on the front side and maybe "i love you" or something cute on the inside they arent too expensive!

Oooh or if you have heard of those "build a bear" shops in most malls you can go in and "make' a stuffed animal and put a personal recording in it. I just had one made for my hunny that when he presses the paw it goes "i love you wyan" haha, you have up to 10 seconds of record time i only used like 2 so next time i know to take my time and add more, it's cute i hope he will make me one someday too!

I hope i helped a bit...remember there is always good 'ol dinner and a movie!

Closed Thread