It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-13-2005, 09:45 PM   #1
(female)

Cokiemonsta HB User
Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

Ive been with my boyfriend for ..almost 3 years. The problem is he doesnt like it when i wear short skirts. ..i never dress slutty and wear things that are too short, or too exposing but i do love mini skirts (even them, i wear nicely with the right kind of top). This whole thing started when i first wore one when i went out with my boyfriend.. and had a lot of guys look at me. A lot of them were older..some even had girlfriends.

My boyfriend tells me that if we were to go out and some guy tried to hit on me, or said something sleazy to me while i was with my boyfriend..my boyfriend would be tempted to kick his ***..and probably would get into a fight with him..he says its a respect thing..and that when guys hit on an obviously taken girl, its offensive to both the guy and his girlfriend.

He says he gets very angry when he sees men look at me intensly..he claims that its ok if they just look and then look away but when they "check me out" he gets very upset.

I dont notice men intensly checking me out, ive only noticed it a few times. It bothers me because im not a very confident person..and i know my boyfriend likes me in a skirt alot..he gets really turned on so wearing one around him makes me feel good about myself..ive explained this to him as well.

He says that he considers me a serious girlfriend and i if i want to be considered a serious girlfriend i shouldnt wear skirts! lol.
How stupid is this?
He also claims its a social thing as well and "modest girls" dont wear short skirts.
None of my skirts are grossly short, to the point where i cant even bend a lil without my *** poping up..but geez..

what are peoples thoughts on this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-13-2005, 09:48 PM   #2
(female)

Cokiemonsta HB User
Re: Jealous boyfriend..or just protective? - dont wear short skirts he says!

He has said some other manipulative things before in relation to the issue..like "when i see other guys perve on you like that, im tempted to go perve on their girlfriends or on other girls"

Obviously no girlfriend is gonna be happy about such statements.

By the way, he isnt a Muslim either lol..

im starting to get my own answer here, he is jealous- period.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:03 PM   #3
(male)

Morboro HB User

Well I for one would not want my gf to wear clothes like that. But I could not force her to if she wanted to wear them.

Now mini/short skirts look really sexy on most ladies and your going to get guys thinking bad/naughty thoughts about you. Now your bf would know that and would obviously hate the idea of other guy’s perving on his gf. He would also have some insecurity issues as well, he might be scared that other guys might try to chat you up because you look so nice in your mini/short skirt.

Mini/short skirts look sexy, but just remember men will perve on you more and think bad things. Do you really want that if you already have a loving bf?

Last edited by Morboro; 10-13-2005 at 10:07 PM.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:36 PM   #4
(female)

Ruby13 HB User

My boyfriend is always trying to get me to wear mini-skirts. Maybe we should swap! I personally don't like the way I look in them, so I don't wear them, but I don't see what the big deal is. If you're with him and wearing skirts for his benefit, it seems like he's just being insecure if he's freaking out about it. From what I can tell from my guy friends, men perv out on all kinds of things that you can't control for. You'd have to stop wearing jeans that make your tush look good, t-shirts with writing on them (draws their attention to your chest), v-neck tops, etc.

Old 10-13-2005, 10:36 PM   #5
(female)

Cokiemonsta HB User

well why cant my boyfriend perve and think bad things about me? If im going to have other women prance around my boyfriend in mini skirts (and lets face it, in summer women wear skirts) why cant i be one of those women he has "naughty" thoughts about? i like wearing them because i know how much he loves them on me. Who cares what other guys think, when they dont stand a chance?

Old 10-13-2005, 10:41 PM   #6
(female)

Cokiemonsta HB User

Also i wouldnt wear them just anywhere..like i wouldnt wear them to family events..or to clubs even (coz iknow theres lots of sleazy guys in clubs even drunk ones)
hmmmmmmm
He told me he got iffy once when i wore jeans and we sat down infront of these guys...he told me in his head he thought "oh no if he thong shows when she sits down they're all gonna perve on her"..and then he thought " i dont care..shes mine, if they try anything there'll be trouble".

Im thinking...you psycho, you have these convos in your head.

Im openly jealous at times..i tell him when i feel jealous (but ive improved a lot)..he on the other hand claims to never be jealous..

Old 10-13-2005, 10:54 PM   #7
(female)

Ruby13 HB User

Yeesh. He says he's not jealous?! Is he controlling in other ways or just about this?

Old 10-13-2005, 10:58 PM   #8
(female)

Cokiemonsta HB User

not really Ruby..:/

Old 10-13-2005, 11:03 PM   #9
(female)

Ruby13 HB User

Hmmm...just old fashioned then I guess. Or insecure. I've had guy friends who are like that, and I've argued on behalf of their girlfriends, but they don't budge. I've never understood it. Usually their girlfriends just wear what they want and ignore them. Maybe you should just tell him you're a grown-up and can wear whatever you want and he should lay off. Or, if you don't mind, then give up the mini-skirts. I hate being told what to do, so I'd probably go with the first option.

Old 10-13-2005, 11:10 PM   #10
(female)

Cokiemonsta HB User

Oh yeah, for sure. Im not gonna not wear skirts and be hot in summer. I dont like shorts (Summer is coming where im at ), it is rare that i will find shorts that i like.
Im also only 20 years old..if i was married with kids, i probably would reconsider things.
Id say he is both, old fashioned and insecure. I was just wondering if most men think this way .. as in "its hot..but i dont want my girlfriend wearing it"

Mind you, he absolutely loves it when i wear them in private. Every time he comes by he asks "can you wear that skirt i like" lol.

Ive already told him "im wearing them because i feel good about myself in them and because i know you like them and thats that." and he said "OK FINE * pout pout*

Old 10-14-2005, 12:34 AM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

my boyfriend likes how i look in a skirt. he says he's proud that i am his girlfriend and likes others to see what he 'has' so to speak. He actually incourages me to wear them telling me it looks hot haha.

yeah i think girls and guys view things like this differently. Because there have been times where i'm out without my boyfriend and if he hears that some guy was checking me out or asked if he could buy me a shot he becomes upset and thinks he needs to straighten the guy up. I dont know why men become so threatened maybe a lot of them have an insecurity issues early on.

Just let him know if you want to wear one you plan on it, if he has a problem to not be around you when you intend on wearing it. goodluck!

Old 10-14-2005, 02:42 AM   #12
Senior Veteran
(male)

realguy HB User

Sounds like he"s immature and insecure.

Old 10-14-2005, 04:53 AM   #13
Inactive
(male)

-CvC- HB User-CvC- HB User-CvC- HB User-CvC- HB User

My ex wife was like that. She would wear short shorts or miniskirts and most of the time wouldn't wear underwear. She would sit in provocative ways when my friends were over and it drove me crazy. I would beg her to go and at least put on some panties. We had many arguments over it. She would always pick the sluttiest thing in the store when she went shopping. She was prettiest when she wasn't wearing that kind of stuff. But she didn't realise it. Still doesn't. Now she's fat and wrinkly and still dresses like she did when she was 19. See, the thing is, most men want a modest woman. They don't want her to go out all flashy and dressed to attract. It makes them feel like they maybe don't have her full attention and that she's looking to find someone else. They want the sexy clothes and immodest behaviour for themselves only. Some men are different, but it's a good general rule.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:16 AM   #14
Inactive

opielonghorn HB User

you should wear what you want to wear. he should be flattered that you are choosing to be with him despite all of the men looking at you. everybody feels jealous sometimes, but the point is to talk about it, get the feelings out there and acknowledge them as irrational. then move on. there are way better things for him to focus his energy on.

Old 10-14-2005, 11:48 AM   #15
(male)

BigFan HB User

I see your point, but I think it's splitting hairs to say that your skirt is short, but not too short. If a man turns his head around, then it's probably shorter than normal. I'm not insecure or jealous, but it gets aggravating when you can't walk by a man with your woman without everyone breaking their necks and staring. If I'm with her all day, that could be 100 stares! If you just wanted to turn your boyfriend on, you can put on or take off anything you want in the bedroom. And it's nothing worth whipping a-- over if he doesn't say anything, but it IS disrespect if a man is bold enough to perve on my woman if he can't do it discreetly enough for me to not notice him.

Closed Thread