It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-04-2005, 08:15 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User
Booty Call Relationships

I have heard that some people stay in "booty call" relationships for a long time. I have had two "booty call" relationships in my life. They both lasted three years. The first one I ended (he was quite upset by the way) and the second one, he actually wanted to make a commitment.

So, if you are in a "Booty call" relationship, what are the possibilities?

I am interested in any type of opinions. Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2005, 08:55 PM   #2
Veteran
(male)

CyberNick HB User
Re: Booty Call Relationships

I've been in several as well... which lasted anywhere from a week to a couple months. I don't see how "booty calls" can last for years... usually one of the people gets bored and moves on to someone else, or they just get over the whole lifestyle of hooking up randomly without feelings involved.

Every one has been purely physical for me... which is how they should be in my opinion. That is why they are called "booty calls" (or hook-ups, whatever you want to call it) and not "relationships". It has ended almost every time because the girl has gotten attached for one reason or another, and that is the point where she usually either breaks it off or I do.

I don't really know what you mean by "what are the possibilities"... do you mean like if you thought someone was just a hook up and you end up wanting more? I don't really see how that would work out, going from something based purely off of sex to something based off of a common love and respect for one another. The main reason most people get involved in hook ups anyways is because either they don't want a relationship, or they feel that although they are attracted to you sexually, they don't feel enough of a common bond to pursue something more serious.

Maybe you can elaborate a bit on your question.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-04-2005, 09:38 PM   #3
(female)

MzPrincessReina HB User

I had one bootycall relationship before but I guess you both should understand the rules and regulations of a bootycall relationship before you get into one.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:31 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyberNick
I've been in several as well... which lasted anywhere from a week to a couple months. I don't see how "booty calls" can last for years... usually one of the people gets bored and moves on to someone else, or they just get over the whole lifestyle of hooking up randomly without feelings involved.

Every one has been purely physical for me... which is how they should be in my opinion. That is why they are called "booty calls" (or hook-ups, whatever you want to call it) and not "relationships". It has ended almost every time because the girl has gotten attached for one reason or another, and that is the point where she usually either breaks it off or I do.

I don't really know what you mean by "what are the possibilities"... do you mean like if you thought someone was just a hook up and you end up wanting more? I don't really see how that would work out, going from something based purely off of sex to something based off of a common love and respect for one another. The main reason most people get involved in hook ups anyways is because either they don't want a relationship, or they feel that although they are attracted to you sexually, they don't feel enough of a common bond to pursue something more serious.

Maybe you can elaborate a bit on your question.
There you go, that's how most guys feel about booty call "relationships." Unfortunately, most of them seem not to be confused about it at all. It's all about the "booty" to them; otherwise, they would not even suggest it--they would date the girl. It just confirmed what I was thinking.

Old 11-04-2005, 11:32 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

angel_light HB User

I am confused on what a bootycall relationship is exactly. Of course I have never had one.. just wondering the meaning?

Old 11-04-2005, 11:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by angel_light
I am confused on what a bootycall relationship is exactly. Of course I have never had one.. just wondering the meaning?
Really, you've never heard the term before?? I'm surprised. Anyway, it means people just see each other for sex, when it's convenient for both of them, with no promise of a real relationship. I'm sure there are different variations of it, but the main idea is that it's a "no strings attached" relationship and both people are in agreement to just have the physical connection without getting their feelings involved and without expecting anything more of their partner. No commitment and no expectations, basically. Pure sex on a semi-regular basis. That's what it means, in a nutshell.

Old 11-05-2005, 02:35 AM   #7
(male)

Falcon554 HB User

God I have that with my soon to be x-wife, we both know its over but we both enjoy sex with eachother to. Hell it just happed about an hour ago

Old 11-05-2005, 06:02 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

This one woman has a girlfriend who has been in what is commonly called a "booty call" relationship for seven years! She is very happy with the situation. I don't think I could be happy in a "booty call" relationship for that long! The longest one I had, as I said before, lasted three years. One of them did turn into something serious in the end (on his part). The other one I finally broke off.

No matter what you call it, there is still some sort of connection there, whether it's sex or not.

Old 11-05-2005, 06:08 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

Hazel_Eyes HB User

Never heard of booty call relationship before. My mates and I always described it as... friends, with benefits - LOL - do we have a way with words~

I dont think I'm capable of having a booty call relationship - its impossible not to develop feelings!

Old 11-05-2005, 06:11 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(male)

realguy HB User

For some people," some sorta connection" is all they need, all they want, all they think they can get or they think it will eventually be something more.
Other people want something more from the beginning.

Old 11-05-2005, 06:11 AM   #11
(female)

Thanksgiving HB User

I am in a NSA at the moment so it's basically the same as booty call/sex buddies.

It's now been 2 years. he is the 2nd guy I was ever with besides my X husband of 18 years and I do believe this guy Is the only one I will be having sex with.

After the kids graduate in 2007 he has a son I have a daughter. we both stated that the kids come first so I guess I will find out then if we do go further. Ihope it does though. I'm 37 he is 45.

Old 11-05-2005, 06:32 AM   #12
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanksgiving
I am in a NSA at the moment so it's basically the same as booty call/sex buddies.

It's now been 2 years. he is the 2nd guy I was ever with besides my X husband of 18 years and I do believe this guy Is the only one I will be having sex with.

After the kids graduate in 2007 he has a son I have a daughter. we both stated that the kids come first so I guess I will find out then if we do go further. Ihope it does though. I'm 37 he is 45.
Good luck. Hope it works out for you. I think as long as you go in with your eyes wide open and be realistic, you won't set yourself up for heartache. Also, I think you should keep looking for a romantic, committed relationship in the meantime.

Last edited by greeneyes100; 11-05-2005 at 01:20 PM.

Old 11-05-2005, 05:33 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

Piranna65 HB User

I've been in one and it lasted for over a year. It was with a guy I had dated, we broke up he went back to his ex and moved away for school but we would still meet on a regular basis. I didnt have a boyfriend and he to me was my boyfriend even though he was "dating" his ex.

I looked at things as being more then they were and always hoped we'd end up back together, it wasnt just sex in our relationship we'd actualy spend time together doing other things but in the end I ended up hurt because we wernt together.

I didnt date another person for at least a year after our "friends with benefits" thing ended because he'd still come around, and call and we'd meet up without sex...it was hard in the end for me...

Old 11-05-2005, 06:31 PM   #14
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

Yes, it usually does end that way. One person gets hurt. But I think the key is to be totally realistic and not tie yourself up emotionally in the relationship. I think there are some women who can handle it and others who cannot.

I handled both of mine for three years each, with relatively no heartache at all. Now, one of them, did get me upset on occasion, but not enough to end it right away. He was so gorgeous. I finally just got tired of him and called it quits.

The second one I truly enjoyed and he truly enjoyed me. We always had so much fun together. I didn't really think about what kind of relationship we had, just that we saw each other when it was convenient for both us and that we didn't really make any demands on one another. In the end, he wanted me to move in with him, but by that time, I simply did not have the the feelings I did initially. Also, my drives were a bit too high for his. I think I was able to breeze through both of these relationships because I wasn't really consciously looking for a commitment.

Old 11-08-2005, 07:46 AM   #15
(female)

kellis HB User

I think that women in general have a harder time with this whole "booty call" thing....we tend to be more emotional about sex even if we don't want to be! I have been seperated for several months now and on labor day I went to a cookout at a friend's house. I hooked up with this guy that I've actually known for several years. It was just a friend thing at first....then I had sex with him. Although I was determined to keep it just that, it did not work out that way! We have been together almost 2 1/2 months now and he just told me last week that he loves me! I knew that I loved him about a month into it, but thought it was too soon to say anything. So I just kept quiet about my feelings. But the point is, he and I ended up feeling this way about each other and all it really ever was intended to be was a "booty call"! A lot of times, it does not progress this far, but you never know when you decide to share your body with another person just how things will turn out!

Closed Thread