It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2005, 05:00 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User
Should I Call--Need Input

I'm a little concerned because Keith did not call yesterday and he usually calls every day. We have a date for tonight, so I'm wondering if I should call him later on to confirm it. I think maybe he's just been really busy because he has not been online for several days.

The thing is this. I really think I should call sometime later today if he doesn't to confirm our date. I don't see the harm, since he is the one who always calls me.

I would appreciate your input, because I hate calling men. But I think this is one time I really should.

Old 12-23-2005, 05:51 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Music4All HB User
Re: Should I Call--Need Input

If the date is set and both of you are clear as to time and where/how you are meeting up, I would not call. I would just expect the date to take place as planned. Just show up as expected if there was no ambiguity to the plans.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-23-2005, 06:09 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Music4All
If the date is set and both of you are clear as to time and where/how you are meeting up, I would not call. I would just expect the date to take place as planned. Just show up as expected if there was no ambiguity to the plans.
He is supposed to be picking me up at my house. Okay, thanks. I don't think I will call. I don't understand his change all of a sudden.

Old 12-23-2005, 06:12 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Music4All HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes100
He is supposed to be picking me up at my house. Okay, thanks. I don't think I will call. I don't understand his change all of a sudden.
I would try not to look at it as a "sudden change", I would think of it as he was busy with life yesterday and just didn't get a chance to call.

Old 12-23-2005, 06:41 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User

I agree GE. Remember yesterday you told me to give my guy a break?? You should do the same. This is a crazy time of year and he's probably been very busy. Also, guys don't think the way we do. In his mind, your plans are probably firm and all settled. Have a great night.

Old 12-23-2005, 08:38 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

GE, whether you call or not makes NO difference. I think it would be nice of him to call and confirm the date, but like others said, he might be busy with last minute Christmas shopping, etc. I personally hate to just sit and wait, so I would probably call to confirm, but it's up to you. It's just a phonecall, what's the big deal?

Old 12-23-2005, 09:19 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Music4All HB User

Just trying to make sure I understand the details here. If a gentleman said to you on Thursday, "I'm really looking forward to our date Saturday night. I'll be by to pick you up at 7:00"...what is it one would be waiting to hear on Friday?

Seems a call would only be needed if one has a reason to think he is not going to actually show up or if the plans had some level of ambiguity.

Old 12-23-2005, 09:33 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

greeneyes100 HB User

He just sent me an email, so we are still on. I'm so excited! He said he feels a connection with me and it really surprises him that he feels it in such a short amount of time. He didn't exactly say it in those words, but he said he really appreciates my honesty and desires about what I am looking for.

I think (finally) I found a man that is interested in a real relationship. Don't worry, I'm not going to move too fast. I'm going to follow his lead and not jump the gun and get emotional too quckly.

Thanks for your help guys. Merry Christmas!

Last edited by greeneyes100; 12-23-2005 at 09:34 AM.

Old 12-24-2005, 06:55 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeneyes100
He just sent me an email, so we are still on. I'm so excited! He said he feels a connection with me and it really surprises him that he feels it in such a short amount of time. He didn't exactly say it in those words, but he said he really appreciates my honesty and desires about what I am looking for.

I think (finally) I found a man that is interested in a real relationship. Don't worry, I'm not going to move too fast. I'm going to follow his lead and not jump the gun and get emotional too quckly.

Thanks for your help guys. Merry Christmas!
GE, I just read your update on the other thread, and I'm so sorry this guy turned out to be a creep. I really think it's not very likely to meet any kind of a decent guy on the kind of "alternative" websites you described. I would stick to the more mainstream ones--at least there there's a higher chance of finding someone who might desire a real relationship. My friend's father, who was a young widower (probably in his late 50s), found his girlfriend online, on the M site, actually. They apparently have a great relationship, travel everywhere together, etc. He might even marry her one day. So, it's possible, with some luck.

Closed Thread