It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-25-2005, 09:04 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Hiya HB User
To anyone who happens to be around...

Merry Christmas and happy holidays!! I'm stuck working this morning but only for four hours. I'll be out of here around 2:00pm, so I'll still get C-mas dinner. To anyone else who may have to work, or anyone who's just hanging around, Merry Christmas!!!!

Last edited by Hiya; 12-25-2005 at 09:47 AM.

Old 12-25-2005, 09:35 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User
Re: To anyone who happens to be around...

And a Merry Christmas to you too!
Sorry you have to work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2005, 10:00 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Hi, Nini Just wanted to take the opportunity to wish you a very Merry Christmas....I know that this is the year that you are covering for others who have families but the time will come that somebody will be doing that for you. And I know that your heart will soften up in understanding for that person for having once been in their shoes.

I had that opportunity as I was having my hair done yesterday when the young girl doing my hair was in tears having found out just before coming to work that her boyfriend has been seeing somebody else. My heart broke for her and I got out of the chair and took her in my arms.....I know that Christmas wasn't going to be the same and that the joy was taken out of it for her this year. I tried to comfort her in much the same way I do here.......in fact as I hugged her I thought of many of my friends here especially you, Nini, and gave her a hug in much the same way I would you.

For some reason she let it all out and before I actually left she shared with me how he emotionally abused her and I definitely saw it as a gift being able to be there for her and I stayed an extra half hour after I was done to sit with her. I really felt her pain, as I do yours, my friend, in the sense of your Christmas, which is the season of love, not being all that you wish it to be.

I guess what I really want to say is, look at the day and open your eyes to perhaps seeing one of the gifts He puts in your way. Perhaps it's the smile from a stranger, finding a lost object that you treasured and thought was lost forever, the bell that rings at precisely the time you think of a dear one you lost.....or perhaps the nice gesture provided to you by a stranger or another person He placed in your path to remind you that you are not alone in this world even though at times it really seems that way.

I send you many hugs and much love my dear friend....may your day be filled with many blessings and may the year ahead be full of miracles that allow you to see that everything in the past were the stepping stones to a wonderful future.

Merry Christmas to you and to all that I hold so dear in my heart on HB ~ Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 12-25-2005 at 10:04 AM.

Old 12-25-2005, 10:19 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Hiya HB User

Gosh, thanks Goody. What a drag to be dumped, or to discover your BF's infidelity, on Christmas Eve or just before!! I feel for that young girl, too. I got dumped a week before Valentine's Day, so I can really relate to a national holiday just sort of shining a light on the pain a little more. How nice of you to go so much out of your way for her!

I hope you and yours have a wonderful, blessed day! Enjoy!

Old 12-25-2005, 10:33 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

glamourgal HB User

Hey Hiya and Goody (and everyone!!) ,

I just wanted to wish you guys a very Merry Christmas!!!!!! I hope everyone receives a special blessing today--you are all such wonderful people!!

I was a little sad yesterday because the night before (right as our family Christmas party was starting) we had to take my grandfather to the emergency room, and yesterday we found out he has tumor which the doctor said he is about 99% sure that it is cancer. He is a very young grandpa and has been like a second father to me, so it was very upsetting news, but today I feel much better about it all. I have a very strong, loving family and our prayers are always very effective, so I have hope and faith that things are going to be ok .

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!! I love you guys!!

Old 12-25-2005, 10:46 AM   #6
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

Hey, GG I know how upsetting the news must be about your Grandpa. And having realized that he has such a loving supportive family around has got to be one of the greatest Christmas gifts one can possess. What a lucky man!!!

I will keep your grandpa in my prayers hoping that all the medical interventions available these days will allow him to have many more years with his loving family.

(((HUGS))) and Christmas blessings ~ Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 12-25-2005 at 10:47 AM.

Old 12-25-2005, 10:47 AM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Hiya HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamourgal
Hey Hiya and Goody (and everyone!!) ,

I just wanted to wish you guys a very Merry Christmas!!!!!! I hope everyone receives a special blessing today--you are all such wonderful people!!

I was a little sad yesterday because the night before (right as our family Christmas party was starting) we had to take my grandfather to the emergency room, and yesterday we found out he has tumor which the doctor said he is about 99% sure that it is cancer. He is a very young grandpa and has been like a second father to me, so it was very upsetting news, but today I feel much better about it all. I have a very strong, loving family and our prayers are always very effective, so I have hope and faith that things are going to be ok .

Merry Christmas Everyone!!!! I love you guys!!
Oh I'm so sorry GG! But yes, this is the season for miracles! I'll be sending good thoughts to your gramps too, and praying everything works out well!!

Closed Thread