It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2005, 09:20 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User
Things not to say...

I thought this might be a fun topic for both the guys and girls. I got this email today:

Hello, I thought your profile was very nice, and your picture too. If you would want to chat sometime, get back to me, (rather than me type on and on for no reason) . . if not, that is no prob.

To me, those are things not to say to score a date with me. Any of you have similar emails, IMs, calls that immediately turned you off?

Old 12-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

Hiya HB User
Re: Things not to say...

Oh, you're gonna get a lot of interesting responses here!! I personally can't remember any specifics from emails,but internet dating in general is such a nightmare, I think because it's filled with people who are either at the end of their rope and want to cut to the chase so they say things like your quote in order to "not waste time" or they are just in it to play around. I haven't had one good experience in over three years of internet dating, so I'm sure you're going to have lots of weird, humorous quotes here!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-27-2005, 09:37 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

LOL
Reddoor - I've had a man ask me, just from a short phone conversation.........how big are your breasts? Another one told me he was into Brittany Spears.....LOL
Needless to say, I didn't bother meeting them.....
I always say, you really have to weed them out when you're doing personal ads.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:44 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Hiya HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz
LOL
Reddoor - I've had a man ask me, just from a short phone conversation.........how big are your breasts? Another one told me he was into Brittany Spears.....LOL
Needless to say, I didn't bother meeting them.....
I always say, you really have to weed them out when you're doing personal ads.
OMG! I had that too, only it was a phone convo as well with a guy I met through a singles phone service. He asked me how nice they were because he was so disappointed with another woman he went out with who said she had nice ones but didnt. Like an idiot I went out with him anyway, and he said "by the way you DO have very nice breasts!!" like it was a big flattering compliment!! had an absolutely horrible time! should have cut him off at the knees from the getgo.

Old 12-27-2005, 09:57 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

laurie864bla HB User

I have a friend who's a professional football player....or professional player!! LOL He actuallycme into a room where I was sleeping one time at about 5 am and asked me to "Please f*** him," and that "he swore that I would love it and would never go back..." bla bla bla. I was like..."Are you KIDDING me???" He was dead serious!!

Who would actually go, "Well, ok..." ha ha ha ha ha!!!! Guys!!!

Old 12-27-2005, 10:33 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie864bla
He actuallycme into a room where I was sleeping one time at about 5 am and asked me to "Please f*** him," and that "he swore that I would love it and would never go back..."
OMG! And I thought the guy who asked me out and told me to "pack an overnight bag" was bad.

I once was contacted by a guy via an online dating service who asked me what size I was and actually couldn't understand why I was offended. Dork!

Old 12-27-2005, 10:37 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User

Oh, I totally forgot about this one too!!! A guy once asked me if I was "nice" or "mean." I had never heard of this before but apparently it has something to do with oral sex - he had to explain it to me. I told him I was offended by the question and he was just blown away that I wouldn't answer. He said he asks girls that all the time and I'm the first one who was offended.

Old 12-27-2005, 11:17 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Ok, where do I start.. I once had a guy tell me in the first phone conversation how "wild" his ex-gf was in bed. Needless to say, there was no first date. Then another one said, also in the first phonecall, that men only act interested in women because they want to f. them. Then he wanted to invite me to have dinner with him at his place. When I declined, he offered to take me out and added "We'll end up back at my place anyway." I guess it was his very misguided attempt at projecting confidence I'm sure I can think of more examples, but these just jumped out at me. Oh, and maybe also the guy who told me on the first date that his recent ex-gf tried to commit suicide 5 times! I didn't know if I should run or start laughing hysterically!!!

Last edited by SophiaM; 12-27-2005 at 11:19 AM.

Old 12-27-2005, 11:27 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

well I did mention this on another post. After going out for pizza and a couple drinks, he wanted to show me his model train collection. It was our first date, after talking a little while thru the personal ads. When I came out of the bathroom he asked me if it would be ok if he masterbated in front of me......LOL

Old 12-27-2005, 11:48 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz
well I did mention this on another post. After going out for pizza and a couple drinks, he wanted to show me his model train collection. It was our first date, after talking a little while thru the personal ads. When I came out of the bathroom he asked me if it would be ok if he masterbated in front of me......LOL
Wow! It seems that online dating does tend to attract an unusually high number of creeps. It's almost too much work to try and weed them out. I envy those girls who met their boyfriends/husbands in college or through friends.

Old 12-27-2005, 12:06 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

yes Sophia, also men with mental illnesses/personality disorders.
I kid you not, I have met men with Borderline Personal Disorder (BPD), Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), Post-traumatic Stress disorder (PTSD), and depression. I seem to attract the psychos for some reason.

Old 12-27-2005, 12:13 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User

I had a guy on a first date (lunch date) insist that I try something that I repeatedly told him I did not like. Finally, to shut him up, I ate it and guess what, I didn't like it. I never saw him again.

Old 12-27-2005, 12:15 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User

Oh, then there was ultra-clingy guy who I had never met before but spoke to on the phone a couple times who told me several times I was the "only good or meaningful" thing in his life. After the third time he said that, I stopped taking his calls. Creeped me out.

Old 12-27-2005, 12:21 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddoorblack
Oh, then there was ultra-clingy guy who I had never met before but spoke to on the phone a couple times who told me several times I was the "only good or meaningful" thing in his life. After the third time he said that, I stopped taking his calls. Creeped me out.

oh yeah forgot to mention the co-dependent guys....

Old 12-27-2005, 12:23 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(male)

OutToLunch HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaM
Wow! It seems that online dating does tend to attract an unusually high number of creeps. It's almost too much work to try and weed them out. I envy those girls who met their boyfriends/husbands in college or through friends.
I envy them too, but then I wonder how many of them are still happily married. People change a lot after college so who knows how well their relationships are now. As far as online dating attracting a number of creeps, I don't think it's that a higher number of them show up. I think it's just that being online allows people to be more candid about they want. When you meet someone in person, you have to be on your best behavior and hide a lot of what you're really thinking. But online, people feel like there's less risk in just coming out and saying what's on your mind. So in that sense, it actually makes weeding out people a little easier.

I remember reading one woman's profile where she talks about how she's really attractive, in great shape, confident, etc. and then she lists the kind of guy she's looking for. 6 feet or taller, athletic build, full head of hair, doctor, lawyer, or some similar high-paid professional, etc. And then she finished by saying, "I know it sounds like I'm being really picky, but I'm worth it." That was a huge turnoff. Confidence is an attractive quality, but not to the point where it's arrogance. But I've read a lot of women's profiles that were similiar to this.

Closed Thread