It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-27-2005, 08:15 PM   #1

bellisimoma HB User
Good-looking women envied by others; how can you be RESILIENT?

Ok everyone: What do you suggest for down-to-earth, attractive women who are hated by other women??

Women TYPICALLY hate other women who are considered a threat or competition.

How can women respond to envy and remain RESILIENT??? What do you suggest?

It can't be avoided, but how can you cope, respond, and avoid?

Last edited by bellisimoma; 12-27-2005 at 09:55 PM.

Old 12-28-2005, 07:26 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User
Re: "Good-looking" women envied by others; how to be resilient and keep friendships?

People will always find something to be jealos or hurt you for, not just woman but normally it is harder with woman and it could be not just looks, you are younger, you have diamond ring, luxury car, family, smarter and so on. Sometimes I don't understand why they don't like one person and another one doesn't have anything different and they fine with that. I'd suggest try communicate more, go to lunch, talk things out without witnesses if you feel antogonizm.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-28-2005, 07:31 AM   #3
(female)

becca112 HB User
Re: "Good-looking" women envied by others; how to be resilient and keep friendships?

In general people consider me a very attractive female. I actually only have a handful of girlfriends, which isn't surprising. Many women feel very threatened by me. Even in my little group of friends there is more than enough jealousy going around. My main thing is just to ignore it, make friends with that person. Everyone will always have a reason to dislike you for some reason or another or to be jealous of you. I just go on with my life as if nothing was wrong. I have better things in my life to do, than to sit around and take crap from other girls just because I happen to have the right "looks"! Just me 2 cents!

Old 12-28-2005, 11:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(male)

OutToLunch HB User
Re: Good-looking women envied by others; how can you be RESILIENT?

bellisimoma,

I would suggest you just be yourself. I know that's easier said than done, but if people judge you based on your looks, you're better off without them. Just don't let on that it bothers you. Hopefully, these people will realize they're being narrow-minded and judgemental and realize you're someone worth knowing. If they don't, tell yourself it's their loss. At the same time, don't do anything to re-enforce their negative opinion of you. Women who are threatened by an attractive women often think she's arrogant and snobbish. Don't just ignore them cause that'll just confirm what they may already think. Instead, be warm and friendly. Try not to look like you're flaunting your looks and be aware of your body language and try to look approachable.

Old 12-28-2005, 12:12 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

susieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB Usersusieq0726 HB User

I believe that ANY woman that acts like that has deeper issues than just being jealous. I wouldn't want to be friends with someone like that. I am a fairly attractive woman, more so than others, and some more so than me. My point is that no matter what, there is always someone more attractive than the next woman. I have some very wonderful and beautiful friends that I don't envy or hate just because they are attractive. It's what's in their heart that matters.
Women that truly envy, hate or are jealous of other women are insecure and need to worry about their own issues instead of worrying about whether or not the woman next to them is better looking,,,,
The beauty inside is more important than the beauty outside.

Old 12-28-2005, 01:24 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

mjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB Usermjewell HB User

Well, for starters, find some more mature people to be around. I haven't really had an issue with this since colege. You would think women would grow up.

Old 12-28-2005, 09:26 PM   #7

bellisimoma HB User

Good advice everyone. I'm in college, but despite being down-to-earth, and gracious (and I certainly don't mean to pat my self on the back or anything but it's hard to describe yourself in this setting so i'm just laying it on the table ) I've had a lot of trouble with the female race being threatened by me. Firstly, adult women threatened by a teenage girl showing horses, and more recently witchy girls in college who suddenly and severely burned me at the very end of two blissful, wonderful semesters as roommates.

I've shown horses for a long time, and I've meet (and grown up with) some really neat people. I am passionate for these horses and really accelled in it...

People are very complimentary for my accomplishments, talents, and even my looks. I am very flattered, and receive the compliments graciously, appropriately, and very modestly. I'm usually shy, quiet, and compassionate yet assertive and secure. I strive to never allow anyone a valid reason to have ammunition against me!

Despite being a stellar roomie and friend, and letting comments like "eat something Tiny Tim" roll off my back....that set the standard for giving them an inch and they would take a mile...and it continued to escalate until I finally stood up for myself in a certain situation and they blew up. (and I stood up for my self so appropriately )

So pretty much, I was at a loss regarding what to do after you already do everything you're supposed to! I guess I need to be savvier. Nip it in the bud and create boundaries whilst still being grounded, down-to-earth, and amiable??

It is my perspective that people's poor behavior is a reflection on themselves. But it's still hard to cope and form genuine friendships. I guess you just have to be that confident, assertive, savvy, street-smart gal with personality whom people would be a jerk not to like. Any thoughts??

Last edited by bellisimoma; 12-28-2005 at 09:34 PM.

Closed Thread