It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-02-2006, 07:46 AM   #1
(female)

missTee HB User
Wy the hell am I dreaming about my ex!!!

I am very happily married. i have a great husband. We have 2 beautiful children...naturally we have our ups and downs like any other couple but we have never had any explosive fights and we very very rarely go to bed angry with one another. With this said, on occassion I find myself dreaming of my ex boyfriend.It drives me crazy! They are not good dreams...the main story line behind these dreams are I am back with him....wanting to be with my husband....and he is usually getting us into trouble or being a jerk as normal. I haven't seen or heard from my ex in over 3 years. I was with this jerk for 3 years and met my now husband while with this jerk. WE didn't date until after my ex and I had broken it off. I was informally engaged to my ex and we lived together for all 3 of the years we dated. So anyone have any suggestions as to WHY I might still be dreaming of this JERK! I can't stand it! Oh and by the way...I have NO hidden old feelings about this guy...never in a million years would I want to be with this guy again!

Old 01-02-2006, 08:18 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB Usercookiepls HB User
Talking Re: Wy the hell am I dreaming about my ex!!!

Hi Miss Tee,

If we could control our dreams, I think I'd dream of living the life of Oprah. LOL
I've had dreams before of being back in Junior High but I have NO desire to go back there. Even people who have learned how to have lucid dreams can't control them all the time. Try not to let it worry you. There's no "hidden meaning". In fact, when I have dreams like you described (and I've had several over the years), I kind of think of them as "thankful" dreams. You know, like thank God it was only a dream and I could wake up.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-02-2006, 08:36 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Music4All HB User
Re: Wy the hell am I dreaming about my ex!!!

Try not to overanalyze dreams. They most often make little sense and have minimal if any connection to your waking state. Our minds are like the worlds largest hard drive that has stored avery single activity and emotion you have experienced. While in sleep, your brain is free to mix and creatively mess with all those connected and disconnected stored memories and emotions. What results are a whole host of odd and irrational "movies" in your dreams.

While your memory of the dream may be troubling, don't try to make rational sense or glean some hidden meaning or understanding.

Old 01-02-2006, 01:35 PM   #4
(male)

Slider27 HB User

It's positive. Had you been looking at the good things that were in your relationship with your ex youd be in trouble lol

What this seems to be is your own mind underlining the thankfulness you arent with the ex. He does need to be remembered sometimes, when times are low with hubby, but thats what this is. No matter what troubles you face daily, you dont have the underlying fact that the ex was simply not the right guy for you.

If the dream repeats still..it could be an idea to consciously remember the imagery and play out a great ending. Something like your husband pulls up in your car....the ex jumps in with him and takes him on a ride. He asks your ex to stay out of your dreaming life and drops him off at a bar to sit at for eternity lol.
By changing the imagery you may find you dream out the altered situation...and he doesnt reoccur in dreams. After all, if he's now sat in that bar then he will be too drunk shortly to move, any attempt at coming over to your dreams will leave him falling over off his chair and slumped in a corner..out of harms way

Last edited by Slider27; 01-02-2006 at 01:37 PM.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:11 PM   #5
(female)

missTee HB User

thanks...I knew I shouldn't worry abput it...but just seeing him in my dreams is icky enough!!! Puke..puke... I just wish I could stop the dreams.

Old 01-02-2006, 07:20 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabat40 HB User

LOL Miss Tee, I had similar dreams too about one of my ex's! LMAO! YUCK! Nnaaahh, don't sweat it. Just be glad the jerk's no longer in your life.

Closed Thread