It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-03-2006, 07:38 PM   #1
(female)

megan234 HB User
When are you ready to move on?

I am in a difficult situation. I have just finished my 4th date with a guy that is divorced. I am not sure that he is emotionally ready. How can one know?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2006, 08:05 PM   #2
(male)

Ken-Y HB User
Re: When are you ready to move on?

What kind of signs does he show that you feel he is not ready?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-03-2006, 10:10 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

eve40 HB User

Is he making himself physically and emotionally available to you, regularly or at least semi-regularly?

Old 01-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #4
(female)

sarakellieye HB User

sorry to say but i dont really think you ca tell unless you know a good bit about his backgroud in his previous relationship, like for example how long were they married, how long have they been divorced, why did they break up-his decision/her decision/mutual.

the reason i think it may be important to know these things before you can tell if he is really ready to move on is because the different scenarios are obviousley going to make him be feeling differentley...for example if he was with this woman a long time and she suddenley decided that she didnt love him..and that was not long ago, he could prob still love her--hence not ve 100% ready to comit....

Old 01-05-2006, 05:45 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

How long has he been divorced? Was it his decision or hers? Any children? It all makes a difference, although nobody can predict 100%. What does he say about what he wants his future to be like? I realize it's only four dates. Are you having a good time with him so far? How does he act on the dates?

Closed Thread