It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2006, 10:46 AM   #1
(female)

poor_meatball HB User
Exclamation Thoughts of cheating

with all the problems i'm facing with my bf, i've been thinking more and more about meeting another man.. not for a relationship, just for some one night thing. my bf has come very close to cheating on me in the past, but i never understood the drive to cheat. i just feel so lonely with him being away all the time, and for the past few months our sex life has been almost non-existant... This other man i've been talking to is just so nice to me, and has been such a good friend, but he's also giving me little hints and using a bit of pressure to get me to sleep with him... i know it isn't worth it to lose what i have with my BF... but i can't get these thoughts out of my head. any advice would be greatly appreciated...

Old 01-06-2006, 10:49 AM   #2
(female)

bisha HB User
Re: Thoughts of cheating

I have had those thoughts and acted on them from personal advice I think that they mean something - your arent happy and going somewhere else will only bring more problems into your current relationship- believe me if you want to do that maybe you need a break from your current situation and will be able to work through how you really feel about him.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2006, 11:13 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

TTBABM HB User

Boyfriend aside.. the question is can you live with yourslf if you do? If you were married no don't do it. I have always treated the women I have been with like I would want them to treat me.

Old 01-06-2006, 11:39 AM   #4
(female)

becca112 HB User

Cheating is so not the way to go. There are so many other options than to do that. Obviously there are some problems in your relationship, if you're not happy try talking to your current BF. If something doesn't give than that is a clear sign that you two should move on with your lives. I would certainly not call someone a friend who knew I was in a relationship but tried to pressure me into having sex with them.

Old 01-06-2006, 12:10 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Music4All HB User

The thoughts in your head won't get you into trouble, the choices you make about those thoughts can get you into a lifetime of trouble. If you are so compelled to think you want to do this, you owe it to you and your bf to straight up address your problems in hopes of resolving or movong on - cheating is not any kind of answer.

Old 01-06-2006, 06:23 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

This friend of yours that is hinting you should sleep with him, does he know you have a boyfriend? If so, he's a slimeball...what do you want with him?

It is clear you are not happy in this relationship. Either try to work things out with your boyfriend or else move on. No use following a path that leads to a dead end.

Old 01-06-2006, 09:10 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

bluegreeneyeguy HB User

Neither your BF or your friend are treating you well. Take a step back from your boyfriend and tell your friend you don"t need a friend like him.

Old 01-07-2006, 02:59 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Smartpants HB User

As Dr. Phil says, "You don't fix relationship problems by turning outside the relationship."

Closed Thread