It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2006, 12:46 PM   #1
(male)

kingam HB User
Dumped.

i guess this board is really more cathartic than anything else, so im not sure what sort of replies to expect, but yesterday my gf dumped me. we were together for only 3 months, which doesnt sound long, but things took off very fast and i guess i bought into it... well she started getting a lot of depression issues (which she had all her life). well her reasons for dumping me were she needed to be alone to focus on herself.

who can argue with that? i have been very supportive of her depression and im always there for her, but alas, now shes gone.

its hurting like hell... in the beginning it took off so fast i feel like the rug has been pulled out from under me. was i an idiot for buying into the relationship? for believing things could really be that good.

im hurt, and i feel like an a-hole.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:21 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

reddoorblack HB User
Re: Dumped.

Sorry you are going through this. I totally understand and have been there. My advice is to give her the space. I'm willing to bet if you do that, she'll be back.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2006, 01:27 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

galinaqt HB User

Give it some time, it will be another woman. People leave for many years and then break up, it is not abnormal.

Old 01-09-2006, 01:49 PM   #4
(female)

raaaaaaaaaar HB User

Hi kingam

Don't feel like an idiot for falling in love

I know how you're feeling-you want answers and you don't really know what to do next! Just bear in mind that depression can sometimes mean we push away those closest to us and perhaps her doing this is for your own good as well as hers. Sometimes it's not the people that mean it doesn't work-it's the circumstances-other factors will always come into play. I know you'll find it hard to let go but you will get better.

You have a lot to offer as a caring and sensitive man (if only there were more of you around!) and you will learn from this experience

Ra

Old 01-09-2006, 02:34 PM   #5
Inactive

Gundam HB User

I can only say: - they come & they go.

You might be able to find someone twice , or 3 times, or even 10 times better than your ex. You never know, but you have to have confidence in yourself.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:25 PM   #6
(male)

kingam HB User

thanks guys for all the kind words. i guess im getting to the age that i want something more permanent, and this stuff bums me out. especially since she had been starting to say things like "theres a future here", thats why i feel "stupid"... it was so good when it started, and now its nothing... its hard to believe... i talked to her tonight and she was very plain about everything, she said "i made up my mind, this is what i need, theres nothing you can say" ok then...

time heals.

Old 01-09-2006, 04:30 PM   #7
Inactive
(male)

bluegreeneyeguy HB User

True. Seems the relationships that start like fire only last a few months. Next time, slow things down.

Old 01-09-2006, 07:09 PM   #8
(male)

kingam HB User

you're right... it struck me odd at the time... but it felt good, so i went along with it... next time... sloooooow

thanks bluegreeneyeguy... you're right...

Closed Thread