It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-13-2006, 12:54 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User
Update--Rockstar is back!

Hey guys, do you remember the "Rockstar" guy I went out a couple of times with and he was so into me, but then sent me an email that he doesn't think we're a match? Guess what--I got an email from him today, saying happy new year and that he "misses me," and signed with xoxo! What the heck? Why are men so confusing? Should I even respond to it?

Old 01-13-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
Inactive

Gundam HB User
Re: Update--Rockstar is back!

No you shouldn't. My best guess is that the time when he was so much into you, so of a sudden he met someone else, so he gave up on you and worked on the other girl. Now after X'mas, things didn't work out, & NOW he remembers you.

This type of guy is a big NO NO. But then again, I'm just guessing here ...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-13-2006, 01:41 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Music4All HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaM
Should I even respond to it?
NO!!!

Old 01-13-2006, 01:53 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User

I go with the general concensus.....NO!!! He's filling in his dead space...and Sophia, you are only worthy of Live space!!!

Do not respond!!! Okay...wish him a Happy New Year but don't let it involve you!!!

(((((HUGS))))) ~ Goody

Old 01-13-2006, 02:02 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LostMyHeart HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundam
No you shouldn't. My best guess is that the time when he was so much into you, so of a sudden he met someone else, so he gave up on you and worked on the other girl. Now after X'mas, things didn't work out, & NOW he remembers you.

This type of guy is a big NO NO. But then again, I'm just guessing here ...
I'd guess the same. I don't think you should respond either.

Old 01-13-2006, 02:28 PM   #6
(female)

nisam78 HB User

I know it's hard not to respond. Try really hard not to. Ok...I am going to try to make sense here. This has happened to me. Where the guy totally rejected me and then months later calls and is like...hey i miss u...what's up. I just keep it in my mind as a boost of confidence that while I spent this time healing, I must have crept back into his mind. So all this time, I feel like i'm the one who lost, while he is the one that is dwelling. Do you know what I mean?
He's not worth your time anymore.

Old 01-13-2006, 02:45 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Hiya HB User

Add me to the "nay" list. He had his chance with you, he blew it. Somewhere out there is a man who will care enough about you and who will have his stuff together enough to know when he's found a great girl worth devoting all his attention to, who won't blow you off, who won't leave you wondering where he stands. If you keep messing around with Mr. Rock Star, you might miss him. Clear the path for Mr. Right, kick Mr. Rock Star to the curb. And the best way to do that is to not even respond to him. Not even to say "thanks for the email, happy new year," nothing. Let him wonder where you went to and what he did to screw it up.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:05 PM   #8
Inactive
(male)

bluegreeneyeguy HB User

I totally agree with Hiya. No response is best. C"mon, it"s a couple of weeks into the NY. Loser.

Old 01-13-2006, 03:18 PM   #9
Veteran
(male)

Lance0204 HB User

sophia = plan "E". apparently A through D fell through. aren't you worth a bit more than that?? why would you send him an email anyway?? wasn't he just "blabbing"??

Old 01-13-2006, 03:23 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Hangin in There HB User

He had his chance and blew it. I agree with the one who said he probably dated someone else a couple weeks, it didn't work out, then he figures he'll call you again. I would ignore him.

Old 01-13-2006, 07:34 PM   #11

CrimsonClover HB User

I agree with the others, Sophia - don't bother. He's a player.

(Married Man sent me his Holiday Wishes too, by the way. )

Take care, CC -

Old 01-13-2006, 07:53 PM   #12
Senior Veteran
(female)

Fabat40 HB User

Quote:
Hey guys, do you remember the "Rockstar" guy I went out a couple of times with and he was so into me, but then sent me an email that he doesn't think we're a match? Guess what--I got an email from him today, saying happy new year and that he "misses me," and signed with xoxo! What the heck? Why are men so confusing? Should I even respond to it?

LOL Sorry to burst this to you Sophia, but sounds like the guy wants a booty-call. LOL I went out with a "rockstar" years ago and he was good at "booty-calls".

Old 01-13-2006, 10:21 PM   #13
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance0204
sophia = plan "E". apparently A through D fell through. aren't you worth a bit more than that?? why would you send him an email anyway?? wasn't he just "blabbing"??
Plan E???! Thanks a lot, Degen--your honesty is truly disarming

Anyway, I decided to take your advice guys and to completely ignore him, including his lame new year's wishes that came two weeks after the actual new year. First he acts so interested in me, then out of the blue he says we're not a match, and now that he misses me?? Weirdo.

Old 01-13-2006, 10:27 PM   #14
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrimsonClover
I agree with the others, Sophia - don't bother. He's a player.

(Married Man sent me his Holiday Wishes too, by the way. )

Take care, CC -
Wow, Crimson, I can't believe Married Man is still on the horizon! He sent you holiday wishes? Haha--well, I think he really does like you...you can consider it somewhat flattering. Any new cute single guys in your classes this semester?

Old 01-13-2006, 10:35 PM   #15
Inactive
(female)

Hiya HB User

Quote:
Plan E???! Thanks a lot, Degen--your honesty is truly disarming

Anyway, I decided to take your advice guys and to completely ignore him, including his lame new year's wishes that came two weeks after the actual new year. First he acts so interested in me, then out of the blue he says we're not a match, and now that he misses me?? Weirdo.
I'm glad to hear that Sophia. Glad to have you around tonight. I'm working the overnight shift and am B-O-R-E-D!!! Always grateful for signs of life here!

Closed Thread