It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2006, 01:55 PM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Hiya HB User
Wheeww!! She called!

I fianlly did hear from that lady that calls me at work, and she sounded in fairly good spirits. I guess she is just one of those people who gets really bad holiday blues, she had me worried for a while there.

Old 01-15-2006, 04:45 PM   #2

CrimsonClover HB User
Re: Wheeww!! She called!

Oh, good - that's a relief. Did you really think she might... you know?

It's so sad what the Holidays can do. I was also feeling quite crappy, but now I'm better because it's all over. Until next year.

And how are you, Nini/Hiya? - CC

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2006, 08:47 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Hiya HB User

Well, you never know, I was a bit worried. She said she did feel like she just wanted to die, etc. I guess people just talk. But she sounds better now, like her old self.

I'm same ol' same ol', thanks for asking, CC.

Old 01-16-2006, 03:52 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Yeah, that's good news, Hiya. The holidays are a tough period for many people because they can accentuate our loneliness. What I don't understand is, there are so many lonely people in this world, both men and women, and yet they somehow can't find each other. It's mind boggling. For example, this one guy I went on a date with a couple of weeks before Christmas said he was going to spend the holidays at a GYM! He had no family, apparently. How sad is that? He was a bit weird, to be honest, but I felt bad for him. He never called me again, either.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:06 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

LostMyHeart HB User

I was thinking the same, Sophia. It's sad how many lonely people there are in this world. But it baffles me where all these people are. I don't seem to come across them in my everyday life. Everyone I work with seems to be married with kids, or settled up with somone, at least.
Maybe they are all in hiding like me. I walk around "pretending" my life is so full of work and school, that I don't have time for anything else.
I couldn't even dream of letting the "real world" know how broken I am inside.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:15 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostMyHeart
I was thinking the same, Sophia. It's sad how many lonely people there are in this world. But it baffles me where all these people are. I don't seem to come across them in my everyday life. Everyone I work with seems to be married with kids, or settled up with somone, at least.
Maybe they are all in hiding like me. I walk around "pretending" my life is so full of work and school, that I don't have time for anything else.
I couldn't even dream of letting the "real world" know how broken I am inside.
Yes, that's probably it--most of us are "pretending" to be busy and fairly content. I think a lot of people have completely stopped looking, despite how unhappy and lonely they are. They're just closed in their own shell. Some are too damaged to even seek contact with others. It's unfortunate. Like that guy I mentioned, it's just baffling--he's in his late 30s, almost 40, apparently both of his parents are dead and he's is not even speaking to his only sister. He also said his ex girlfriend tried to commit suicide five times! You have to admit it sounds a little bizarre. I guess I was too normal for him.

But that aside, sometimes you have to take chances, LMH. If everyone thinks you're perfectly content with your current situation, nobody will try to help you out. Sometimes we need to ask for help.

Old 01-16-2006, 04:58 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

LostMyHeart HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by SophiaM
But that aside, sometimes you have to take chances, LMH. If everyone thinks you're perfectly content with your current situation, nobody will try to help you out. Sometimes we need to ask for help.
That's the scary part though. When I was younger and still had family in my life, I foolishly thought that was the one place you could turn to for help.
Wrong! They consistently blew my off by either ignoring me or insisting "oh, there's nothing wrong with you" and promptly changing the subject.
I couldn't even get help with the simple things in life, so I taught myself to stuff in my desire to "reach out". I just assume if it's too much for people to help with the simple things in life, I'd be in way over my head asking for help with "real" problems.
I actually did quite well being that way for a long time. I even had a few good years where I really was content.
But who knew it was all building up in me and that years later it would start feeling to be too much. I think had myself fooled quite well back then.

But I don't know that I have the emotional strength to try to reach out again, only to fail at it.
In the meantime, I do try my absolute hardest to remember just what you say - that people don't know, and I can't expect them to just know. And that I'm the only one that can change that.

Closed Thread