It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2006, 06:58 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

digmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB Userdigmusic HB User
getting involved with friends??

Since I broke up with my last boyfriend, I have been rather promiscuous..I also was told by one of my best male friends that he is interested in me romantically. What is your take on these issues? I feel alright even though I know being promiscuous isn´t the best way to go but is it really that bad?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-19-2006, 07:22 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Veronica_Mars HB User
Re: getting involved with friends??

I don't think there is any reason that you should be labeling yourself like that...as long as you are single, always protected, respect yourself, and don't do anything that you feel badly about, there is no reason to feel guilty about sleeping with multiple partners. In my view at least, there's nothing to be ashamed of as long as it's consensual, safe, and between consenting adults. I've always had a really high sex drive and been strongly attracted to a lot of guys, especially those I had befriended, so I have a fair amount of experience with sexual involvement with friends, and I have yet to regret any of those encounters. But that's not relevant or important here--what matters is how YOU feel about what you are doing, and please don't let anyone else make you feel badly about your choices. Sex is, if you ask me anyway, the best thing about being alive, and it seems to me that life is way too short to waste time feeling guilty about enjoying the most pleasurable activity on earth, worrying about labeling or judging yourself, or denying yourself indulgences you find irresistible. The most important thing is to love yourself, be true to yourself, and always treat yourself with respect (that means not thinking bad things about yourself such as that you're promiscuous, which is a silly idea anyway promulgated by people who aren't content minding their own business and feel the need to judge other's behavior). No one has the right to make you feel bad about your decisions or expect you to live by their moral standards...this is your life, and you should do what feels right to you and makes you happy. You should also make sure to always protect yourself, respect yourself, love yourself, and be the best friend to yourself that you can possibly be. If you are kind and true to yourself, then you have no reason to put any negative labels on yourself or feel guilty about everything...I'd advise you to make the most of every moment of your life and find as much pleasure, joy, intimacy, and love as you can. Don't worry about what other people think if you want to be happy, and as far as your friend goes, I'd say that you should go for it if you want to, just be safe and honest with each other...people usually regret the things they wanted to do and didn't do a lot more than the things they did do. Good luck, best wishes, and take care!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread