It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2006, 01:37 PM   #1
(female)

rubberduqqie HB User
so scared :(

my boyfriend of almost a year is leaving for an exchange program for three months, in a couple weeks and althought to most people that doesn't seem like a lot im so scared of how hard its going to be to be without him for so long and especially the good bye at the airport. Can anyone give me tips or advice? im so scared

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2006, 03:48 PM   #2
Inactive

Gundam HB User
Re: so scared :(

Just treat this 3 months as a break, you become single again & chill out with your friends.

I broke up with my GF almost 1/2 a year ago, & I'm still enjoying every single days of my single life.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2006, 05:57 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

Aw babe, that's rough. But it seems like this could possibly be a good chance for you to get a little more in touch with yourself. I know it would be hard for me to not see my fiance for three months (or would it...hmmmm...nevermind) but surely your boyfriend is not the only thing you have going on in your life? Like I always say, the boyfriend is an accessory, not the whole outfit! Maybe you need to strengthen your independence a bit and find a way to be happy by yourself. There have to be other things you can focus on during this time, like your career, spending more time with friends, taking up a new hobby you've always wanted to try, volunteering.

I know once you are used to somebody it is really a jolt to suddenly be without them for awhile. But there is so much more to life that you can concentrate on, so don't dwell on his absence, just find more interesting things to fill your days

Old 01-20-2006, 06:00 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

summertyme HB User

This probably won't make you feel any better, but the same thing happened to me (except my boyfriend and I had only been seeing each for about 3 months) and while he was gone I was swept off my feet by the man I ended up marrying! The said boyfriend, who was so devoted before he left, called me exactly one time in the first month, and after that, all bets were off!

Enjoy your "free time" and see what happens!

Old 01-21-2006, 06:55 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Ruth6:11 HB UserRuth6:11 HB User

Maybe it would help if you compared being without your boyfriend for three months to being without him while he is deployed to Iraq for who knows how long.

You can do 3 months without him physically at your side while standing on your head compared to having to worry about whether he will be hurt or killed in a war, right?

Yes, it will be hard - but loving someone means also being brave & courageous enough to be alone when you need to be.
You can do it!
And we're here for you!

Closed Thread