It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-08-2006, 10:22 PM   #1
(female)

OwuHannah HB User
My roommate is in Denial - a narcissist

I just discovered that my roommate is a narcissist. She displays all the characteristic of a narcissisitic and my theropist agreed that my roommate has it. After looking online a little I believe that its because she has a dysfunctional family.
My roommate has been treating me like crap for the last semester and half. I suffer from depression and anxiety which has made it tougher to deal with her psychological rudeness. My question is how do I deal with someone who is a narcissist? I know my roommate thinks nothing is wrong with her and that it's everyone else fault for having issues so there is no use it confronting her. It will only make her more ****** off at me. I just need to know if there is any coping skills I can use to deal with a person who is a narcissist.
Thanks!!

Last edited by moderator2; 03-12-2006 at 05:50 AM.

Old 03-09-2006, 06:40 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User
Re: My roommate is in Denial - a narcissist

the best advice I can give you about dealing with a narcissist is to stay away from them.....LOL
protect yourself
avoid them as much as possible and see about getting a different roommate as soon as you can.
you're right, they will never even see this flaw in themselves, so it does no good to point it out to them.

Last edited by moderator2; 03-12-2006 at 05:51 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-12-2006, 08:51 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

Constant HB User

It is my understanding that the majority of narcassist are males.

I find it odd, and rather disconcerting, that your doctor would make such a diagnosis based on your conversation with him/her.

You know, the truth is, sometimes people are just plain mean and for a variety of reasons or for no reason at all.

Bottom line, mean people s*ck and the best action is to leave the situation.

Old 04-17-2006, 10:28 PM   #4
Inactive
(male)

trace.amine HB User
Arrow Re: My roommate is in Denial - a narcissist

the narcissists i know are impossible to reason with and will never be able to be reasoned with. the longer you stay, the harder things will get. leave now and leave her on her own to ruin some other poor suckers life. dont make yourself the poor sucker. nothing would make her happier.

Old 05-08-2006, 08:19 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(male)

Mr.G HB User

Yes narccists are horrible. I was seeing a narccist for a while. She manipulated me and once she got what she wanted from me she turned it all around...and through everything right in my face. The worst thing about it was when she manipulated me, she made me feel so important and special....but once she was done she threw it all in my face. Do not mess with them...they will never understand.

Last edited by Mr.G; 05-08-2006 at 08:21 PM.

Old 05-15-2006, 08:45 PM   #6
Inactive
(male)

strongernow HB User

Is it just me or is almost everybody where I live a narcissist because my friends have subtle and sometimes aggressive ways of manipulating me and making me feel worthless and insignificant and being highly competative. I don't have any friends that I can trust because they are all so very competative and seem to be envious and fake. Yes they will at times say such nice and encouraging statements to me that make me feel special but I know that they are saying that because they really just want me to do something for them or see them in a way that is false. I know that I should not play with fire because it can get scary but I am scared of being alone and lonely. So really this is a no win situation for me unless somebody can offer help to me.

Last edited by strongernow; 05-15-2006 at 08:48 PM.

Closed Thread