It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-17-2006, 05:54 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User
Stress Over Neighbors

I am trying to keep my stress level down during pregnancy but it's hard. Not only do I have to deal with rude,lazy, backstabbing co-workers almost on a daily basis, now I can't even relax at home because the neighbor's act up. They rule is all dogs must be on a chain (tied up). They let their dog run free. It would chase our vehical when we went by but we understood that dogs need to run once in a while or go for a walk for excersise or soemthing. It wasn't until the dog started coming into our yard and attacking our dog that we were bothered by it. It happened a few times before my husband got upset and called the copps. After that they were warned and ignored the warning and we had 3 more incindents after that and the copps were called. The last time was recenly and they were finally given a fine. I worry about what they will do for revenge! If you knew our neighbors and what we have seen, heard and dealt with you would understand that they are not the type to mess with! My husband believes they will not do anything but I am optimistic. What would you do with the neighbors like that!

Old 05-17-2006, 07:09 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB Usercookiepls HB User
Re: Stress Over Neighbors

I feel bad for you alleycat. I can relate too. I've had rude inconsiderate neighbors too. Don't let fear of retaliation stop you from reporting your neighbor's irresponsible behavior. I've had to call the Humane Society on a neighbor before. Sounds like they shouldn't even have a pet. They're letting it run loose where it could attack someone else's pet. And it already attacked your dog! Their dog could get hit by a car too. They don't care. Keep calling the police or call the Humane Society. It can take a long time for ignorant people like that to comply, but doing nothing will almost guarantee the problem continues indefinitely.

P.S. We have neighbors right now that we, or another neighbor have to call the police on almost every weekend during the summer. They sit outside in their yard every weekend and party, getting louder and louder as the evening wears on. They start out talking loud, listening to their music too loud, and laughing too loud. After a while, the laughter turns to yelling and screaming and cussing each other out. What a bunch of morons! Ha ha
I miss living in the boonies! LOL

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2006, 05:23 PM   #3
(female)

stalkerswife717 HB User

Is it possible to get a fence?

Old 05-18-2006, 05:11 AM   #4
(female)

shai`anne HB User

I would take the dog out to a farm miles away and leave it there. lol

Old 05-18-2006, 05:36 AM   #5
Inactive
(male)

shawley HB User

There must be an "A" hole neighbor on every corner , I live in the country , just bought our house 5 years ago , got along with our neighbors until there little punk boy kept driving his pick-up past our house flipping my wife off . I confronted his drunken dad that almost led to a fight , he told me to beat his boy's butt. I said I don't beat other people's kids , that it was his job to raise his own. Our house sits about 20ft by a gravel private lane and now we have to buy calcium cloride to keep the dust down ,I had 2 back surgeries and I really can't defend myself anymore and they know it. My buddy told me to punch him as hard as I can and run,,,lol..I don't run away
I been a good neighbor to , just ask to keep the dust down. Love thy neighbor ???

Old 05-18-2006, 05:41 AM   #6
Inactive
(male)

MrZeely HB User

Oh we have some neighbors just like that, i mean my parents add something to our home, they go out and do the exact same thing to their home (so we live in pretty much clone houses), whenever i or anyone else is just relaxing in the backyard, they let their two little obnoxious poodle dogs out to start barking at us. The fat guy walks around his backyard in whitie tighties all the time, and that is just disgusting to look at.

But anyway, first we complained to the head of the neighborhood, im not sure if you have or not though. If not, i would just get your husband to kindly go over there to talk things over, if you dont want that, then write them a letter. Other than that, i cant think of much, keep relying on the police and make sure they are up to date with the situation and tell them you are worried about them having some kind of retaliation.

Old 05-18-2006, 06:27 AM   #7
(female)

kewlgirl HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by alleycat2
I am trying to keep my stress level down during pregnancy but it's hard. Not only do I have to deal with rude,lazy, backstabbing co-workers almost on a daily basis, now I can't even relax at home because the neighbor's act up. They rule is all dogs must be on a chain (tied up). They let their dog run free. It would chase our vehical when we went by but we understood that dogs need to run once in a while or go for a walk for excersise or soemthing. It wasn't until the dog started coming into our yard and attacking our dog that we were bothered by it. It happened a few times before my husband got upset and called the copps. After that they were warned and ignored the warning and we had 3 more incindents after that and the copps were called. The last time was recenly and they were finally given a fine. I worry about what they will do for revenge! If you knew our neighbors and what we have seen, heard and dealt with you would understand that they are not the type to mess with! My husband believes they will not do anything but I am optimistic. What would you do with the neighbors like that!
I feel bad for you, however it could be a lot worse! My fiance and I moved into a new house 8 months ago and our next door neighbors are busybody's. My fiance only works in construction in the summber (do to the climate here in MN, it's impossible to work in the winter). She called the cops claiming we were drug dealers because my fiance doesn't leave the house and she doesn't know how we can afford what we have.

We invited them into our home on one occasion, and she was sarcastically commenting that because we have a big screen tv, we're living beyond our means.

It's honestly nobody's business how our bills get paid and what we own and how we own it....the police actually took her word for it and came and searched our home and stated on the affadavit that "he doesn't leave the house" which apparently "is suspicious" and humiliated us in front of all our neighbors. The police left embarrassed and empty handed. We considered counter-suing for filing a false affadavit but it's not worth it.

Now the neighbor won't even look us in the eye or even talk to us. She has to live with what she did, we did nothing wrong.

Old 05-18-2006, 08:26 AM   #8
(female)

mitpatsmom HB User

Are you able to get control of the dog in order to take it to the local dog pound or animal control agency? If so, catch the dog and turn it in.

In our area, there is a fine to get the dog out of "doggie jail". Each time you have to do it, the fine doubles. This adds up fast. (I think it's $30 for the 1st offence, $60 for the 2nd, $120 for the 3rd, etc.)

Eventually people learn to keep the dog in or give up the animal to the authorities, who will adopt them out or euthanize after so many days. It's sad, but it's better than the dog getting hit by a car, attacking other animals, or hurting a child.

Old 05-19-2006, 08:56 AM   #9
Veteran
(female)

alleycat2 HB User

I can't and won't try to get ahold of their dog. It is part pitbull! I am relieved to hear I am not alone but sorry to hear some of the terrible neighbor's others deal with! Things have been guite on the home front since that day. I hope it stays that way!

Closed Thread