It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-13-2006, 10:10 AM   #1

ILM HB User
Unreasonable?

Is this unreasonable or understandable?

I've been dating a guy for about two years now. We went through a huge fighting phase at which he and some friends met some girls and they had their pictures taken together. (He didn't do anything with the girls, I know because my best friend was there) But we broke up the day after.... because of an argument over those girls. (it was a confusing argument, thats I wont get into)
We're back together now, and everything is going just perfect.... but I want him to get rid of that picture. Something about it bothers me. Would it be unreasonable of me to ask him to throw it away?

And if its understandable...how should I go about asking him to do so?

Old 06-13-2006, 10:19 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Destea HB User
Re: Unreasonable?

Is he hanging the picture in front of you or something? If it's just a random picture tucked away some where or even on his cell phone... and you know for a fact that there was nothing suspicious going on, I'd say let this one go. You're back together and things are perfect, so worrying about a silly picture that really didn't mean anything (by the sound of it, anyway) may just rock the boat and make him feel like you are having trust or security issues...

I can see why you'd feel this way, but it is a little unreasonable if you know it doesn't mean anything

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-13-2006, 06:03 PM   #3
Inactive
(female)

tigerlillyrose HB User

You don't like the picture? You get rid of it yourself. It's a freakin' photo not some priceless Fabrege egg! If he dares to ask what happened to the picture, you simply respond, "I took out the trash. Would you like to know what happened to the Campbell's Soup can you ate yesterday or the paper towels of days past also?" If he makes a big deal of it, he has more explaining to do about why he needs this picture around than you do about why you trashed it.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:07 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Veronica_Mars HB User

Yeah I agree, just throw it out! That is what I would do. You could also ask him to trash it, but that would probably create more drama than necessary for you. Or you could hide it somewhere and just not worry about it anymore.

Old 06-13-2006, 06:26 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

brook65 HB User

Well you said you had a row about the photo, and then split because of the row!

Now that you are back together, I think it would be decent of him to throw it away in front of you, seeing as it caused and is still causing problems!

The least he could do is cut the women off the photo, if he likes the picture of himself.

Old 06-13-2006, 07:05 PM   #6

ILM HB User

We didn't break up over the picture( a friend gave it to him after)... we'd been having a lot of problems lately and him talking about the girls was the last straw for me...

But then we got together and everythings been great... and I don't want to ruin it right now with my feelings of insecurity. So maybe I will just toss the photo out. (I'd just have to find it first cause it isn't hanging up or anything)

But gah, do all girls go through and insecure and clingy phase? I'm controlling myself for his sake, but sometimes its gets pretty bad.

Old 06-14-2006, 09:18 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Destea HB User

Yes, most of us do

I still don't really agree that you should go through his things and toss out one of his photos. It seems kind of rude, I know I'd be ticked if my fiance did that to me, for any reason! JIMO, but it seems kind of childish. If you don't like it, address it or let it go - don't sneak around and steal and toss his picture w/out his permission, this is HIS property, you know??

Closed Thread