It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2006, 10:33 AM   #1
(female)

emergency911 HB User
what am i doing wrong(long story)

im really upset and i just need to get it all out. ive been with my boyfriend for 10 months, today. i love him more than anything but lately he hasent been the way he used to be. he reads my myspace messages, but dosent respond, he never calls back when he says he will,he dosent say " i love you" anymore, hes not as cuddely and loving like he used to be and i just feel unloved. i think it all started a couple weeks before school ended. he was busy so we didnt see eachother for 2 weeks, except at school. after school ended he went on vacation with his family for ten days. he didnt call me once. he said he couldnt call me because of roaming charges and i was costing him money by calling him and he got mad/annoyed. but i didnt know that his phone charged for me making calls. i understand he was on vacation and busy but couldnt he of called me just once to tell me that he couldnt talk because his phone cost too much money?anyways. when he came back from vacation, he was supposed to stay with my family and i at at fair in our trailer. my parents bought him a pass, so he could get in the fair everyday for free and get on the rides and stuff. they even rented him a hotel inside the fair to stay in. his mom said he could stay with us and that it was ok..but when i called him the first day i was at the fair, because he was supposed to come the next day(he didnt) things were going great until he said " i think we should just be friends" i got really upset and blah blah blah. but then after a while, he said we could start over.. i was releived, but still felt something was wrong. i just wanted to see him to make sure.( by then i havent hung out with him for a month) but when i called him from the fair, everyday for the week i was there, to see when he was coming, but he was making excuses saying he couldnt come because of his mom or something. and then after he got sick. but i later i heard he was just hanging out with friends. i dont care that he is hanging out with friends, i just wish he would tell me hes hanging out with friends, instead of lying to me. when i confront him about it or say " if you do you dont want to come, you dont have to... i dont want to be forcing you" he gets mad and says that i dont trust him. but i do.. i just dont know what to do. what am i doing wrong?

Last edited by emergency911; 07-05-2006 at 12:40 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-05-2006, 11:19 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User
Re: what am i doing wrong(long story)

Well, it sounds like he's just not that into you. He is young and isn't ready to settle down in a relationship. He's basically been telling you that through his actions and when he said he just wanted to be friends.

Plus, you're calling him WAY too much and asking him WAY too many questions. You're being clingy. Guys like it much more when you give them space.

I would just let this guy go. There are plenty of other guys out there who'll treat you how you wish to be treated.

Old 07-05-2006, 12:38 PM   #3
(female)

emergency911 HB User

well he would always say that he wanted to be with me forever and all that stuff. and he isint the type of person to date a bunch of people. i have only seen him once in a month and a half. i thought that was giving him space. the reason i ask so many questions is because i care about him and love him more than anything.i want him to be happy.

Old 07-05-2006, 01:12 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

Dark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB UserDark Stranger HB User

"Forever" is a word some young men like to toss around. Even if this guy doesn't seem like the type who dates every other girl he meets, that doesn't mean he's interested in a long-term relationship. I assume you both are young, and the thought of being with one person forever scares a lot of young men. Perhaps he feels as though there is someone better for him - I'm not in any way suggesting this is the case, but if he's not calling you and he's making up excuses to not see you, I would think something is up that he's not telling you.

If you get a chance to actually talk to him (as in he responds), ask him what he wants out of your relationship. See if he can give you a definite reason as to why he's avoiding you other that "just 'cause".

Closed Thread