It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-21-2006, 03:02 AM   #1
Inactive
(female)

Sweet55 HB User
This Makes Me Mad :*( :*( :*(

My sister's boyfriend told her that when her baby wakes up at night or whenever to get her back to sleep she should rub the baby's head & rub her back until she goes to sleep isn't that rude??? And she does it. It makes me mad :*( :*( :*(
She should pick her up & rock her like a mom is suppossed to do.
What does everyone think???

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2006, 06:41 AM   #2
Inactive
(female)

mismax HB User
Re: This Makes Me Mad :*( :*( :*(

I think you are getting mad over nothing. Every mother has a right to parent the way they want and there is no "correct" way to be a mother. They could be working on the seperation aspect of mother and child. Just a thought. But, really this is nothing to get worked up about at all.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-21-2006, 10:56 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

minnesotagirl HB User

Are you an expert on raising a child, such as a psychologist or doctor? How many babies have you raised? Are you there with your sister and her boyfriend at night and do you know they never rock their baby?

Do you have other issues with your sister's boyfriend? Or is this the only one? It sure does sound like you have issues.

Do you think you should spend your life telling your sister and her boyfriend how to raise their child? I sure hope not!

Old 07-21-2006, 11:35 AM   #4
Inactive
(female)

jenna_250 HB User

Wow, I'm curious how old you are, because you sound very young in your posts. First you were mad and saying some guy was a jerk because he blocked your from msn, and now you are critisizing raising a child? Every baby is different, I had to try tons of different things to get my son to sleep and I still have to work at it. It sounds like you need to stop focusing on other people so much and start focusing on yourself a bit more.

Old 07-21-2006, 12:29 PM   #5
(female)

blancanieve HB User

My mother used to rub my head to get me to go to sleep when I was really young and I turned out fine . I agree with Jenna I was wondering the same thing...

Old 07-21-2006, 04:24 PM   #6
Inactive
(female)

KeltoKel HB User

Mothers do whatever works best for them. There is no wrong or right way to get a baby back to sleep as long as it is something that actually works. I think you should let this person do whatever works best for her - as long as she isn't hurting the child, what is there to worry about?

Old 07-21-2006, 06:04 PM   #7
Inactive
(female)

Bracelet HB User

I just don't see what the problem is with what is going on. It would make ME mad if some kid with no experience in childcare was to reprimand me on how to get my own child back to sleep, though.

It's not like they're dropping the baby on their head, geez! What exactly is the issue?

Old 07-22-2006, 06:22 PM   #8
(female)

browneyed-babe HB User

I think everyone is giving this girl a hard time. Just because she isn't a mother doesn't mean she can't offer advice. Being a mom doesn't always make someone a good one.
I say if they do it every time and never pick her up it's a problem. Babies need to be held too. Rubbing the baby's back should sooth her but if not she should be held. Maybe this girl is concerned as she thinks the baby is not held enough which in the long run could cause problems with her development. She should know it is her sister and she is around her alot.

Old 07-22-2006, 06:48 PM   #9
(female)

Fanntym HB User

I just wanted to add, that all babies are different, if rubbing the baby's back and head work to put her to sleep, congrats to them. I have 5 children myself, and sometimes, no matter what you do, they just will not settle. My youngest is 13 months old, and when he wont settle, that's how I get him to go down, a nice back rub and head rub do the trick.

Old 07-22-2006, 07:16 PM   #10
(female)

Min2003 HB User

Picking up a child ALL the time to get it to sleep is probably not a good idea. Rubbing the baby's head/back is a good thing. Mothers and Dads need their rest too. Most Parents learn as they go. I recall one Mom I knew who used to put her night gown in the crib with the baby. I guess her scent was in the gown and it comforted the baby. Hey, whatever works!

Closed Thread