It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-16-2006, 07:34 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

US40126 HB User
Is it possible for this relationship to work

I have a "friend".. well to be exact, it's my ex, who I am now friends with. He is now dating a girl who he went to high school with. They were friends in school but never dated or anything like that. They hadn't talked in 9 years. Well they met each other again about a month and a half ago on a friend website (you know what i'm referring to).. They hit it off GREAT. They live 3 hours apart from each other so it was strictly online for this period of time. Apparently they had fallen in love with each other during this time. Last week they saw each other for the first time in 9 years, she came to visit him and they stayed together for 4 days. Now, he is talking about how she is his soul mate..how within the next 9 or 10 months he is going to married to her, he tells me constantly how in love he is with her.

Now, I dated this man for 2 years and at first he is a charmer, he is wonderful...but that is his persona. The real him comes out later, after he feels like he doesn't have to impress anymore.. The real him is a liar, a cheat, a manipulator, a mind game player, lazy, can't hold a job for more than a couple months..or at least that is how he was to me.

What is the chance of things working out the way he has planned? I mean they have only been talking again for 1 1/2 months, and they have only spent 4 days together in person, but yet he feels he is going to marry her. I should add that there is a racial difference, he is white and she is black. I feel he is moving WAY to fast.. I think this is going to plummet on him and he's going to be so hurt. Don't get me wrong, I don't want him anymore, so it's not that I'm wishing for it to fail..but as fast as they are moving and how blindly they are moving, I think this is just a disaster waiting to happen. What is your thoughts on it?

Last edited by US40126; 08-16-2006 at 07:36 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-16-2006, 07:45 AM   #2
(male)

Changing Man HB User
Re: Is it possible for this relationship to work

skittley80 said:

Quote:
I should add that there is a racial difference, he is white and she is black.
Why is this of any relevance?

Old 08-16-2006, 07:48 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

US40126 HB User

Well it's not really..except in the area we live in..it's not incredibly accepted...anyone who lives in a small hicktown will understand lol

Old 08-16-2006, 07:51 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

US40126 HB User

I should say that its not the racial difference that makes me think they are going at this all wrong.. It's how fast they are moving and that they are already speaking of marriage and how they don't even know the true person yet.

Old 08-16-2006, 08:04 AM   #5
(female)

lyncy HB User

I think your ex wanted you to get jealous or wanted to see your reaction regarding what he said to you. I dont think so a man will jump so fast to marriage not knowing good the woman!?

Old 08-16-2006, 08:24 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

skittley I'm having a hard time understanding why you care about whether his relationship with her works out or not......I'm also having a hard time understanding why you say he is your "friend", and practically in the same breath mention how he manipulates and lies.
Why are you staying emotionally involved in his life? He's a liar and a manipulator......what do you care what he does?

Old 08-16-2006, 08:33 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

US40126 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosequartz
skittley I'm having a hard time understanding why you care about whether his relationship with her works out or not......I'm also having a hard time understanding why you say he is your "friend", and practically in the same breath mention how he manipulates and lies.
Why are you staying emotionally involved in his life? He's a liar and a manipulator......what do you care what he does?
Well here is the thing... Although this man has hurt me and practically killed me in an emotional sense, I do still care. I don't know why I care but I really do. I don't want to see him get hurt. He is all those bad things I said, but when we are just friends, there is none of that. When him and I are just friends things are great. When we try being more is when things go crazy. I'm happy being his friend. I don't want a relationship with him anymore. I have moved on

Closed Thread