It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 07:01 AM   #1
(male)

sando HB User
Thumbs up Giving each other compliments

I have been with my gf for 8 months now, and i always compliment her on how beautiful she is, how fit she is, how much she turns me on, how cute her *** is etc etc . . . . the list goes on

The only compliment i ever get is after i say "you look nice", she says "you do too". Am i totaloy crazy for this to be a problem? all my female friends think im attractive, but the one person i want to impress is my girlfriend?!?!

The only other times she tells me im atttractive is if i bring this issue up? im not that confident as it is, but is it possible she doesnt find me attractive? and is this a big deal?

please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 08:35 AM   #2
(male)

minijumbofly HB User
Re: Giving each other compliments

There is a closely related recent post titled "My boyfriend rarely gives me compliments"

While the gender role is reversed, the principles still apply. You should read through all the posts.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 10:39 AM   #3
Inactive
(male)

CFD 333 HB User

Sando, it isn't that uncommon for girls not to give their men compliments on looks that often. I believe those reasons to be:

1.) Women simply don't value outward appearances as much as men do
2.) They expect a man to show enough confidence not to require constant gratification

I need to remind you the most IMPORTANT lesson of all and that is 'talk is cheap'. Anyone girl could say that to you and never have to prove it let alone really mean it, right?

So, I don't know you or your situation with this girl, but I ask you simply, does this girl yearn for you sexually? I'm willing to bet that she does.

Now, do you think she would do that if she WASN'T physically attracted to you? Hmmmmm....Think about that.

You see, it is nice to hear those things once in awhile from your girl, but you can't force it out of her. What meaning does it have if she isn't sincerely saying it out of free will, right?

Remember, your the man. It is your job to compliment her on her looks....but only occasionally though, don't go overboard

Old 08-18-2006, 01:33 PM   #4
(male)

thirty-three HB User

This is funny ... because I have the complete reverse problem. My GF very often, would say "O baby you look so beautiful" ... on the streets, and sometimes she would even jump on me, kiss me, and grab my neck/arms, etc anything she could do to show her affections she would, and she does all these things so loud that it's very embarrassing. Especially that I do not find myself that handsomely good looking anyway ...

So, I would tell her to stop it. Of course I would also clearly explain to her that I appreciate all her compliments and her affections, but I prefer not, because I am more shy then she thinks, esp in the public (not surprisingly ...).

Well ... so ... in your case, if you want compliments that you are not getting (or getting very little ...), you should tell her too. Communication is always the key to a healthy successful relationship.

Best of luck.

Last edited by thirty-three; 08-18-2006 at 01:38 PM.

Old 08-21-2006, 12:30 PM   #5
(female)

nebbiolina HB User

It's hard to say without really knowing her and how she communicates in general. Is she shy? How does she talk about other people and things?
Is she talkative or reserved?

It could be about your relationship too. How would you describe your relationship? Are you warm towards one another, are you passionate, close,do you share a lot? In that case you both should feel free talking about these things too.

When I'm in love with someone (like I'm now) I compliment him a lot. But that's how I am.

Anyway, your best bet would be to ask her. You are a young couple anyway.

Closed Thread