It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2006, 04:05 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User
What to wear?!

Hey everyone the guy I am interested in has asked me to come and "shoot hoops"with him, cause we both expressed a love of basketball. I was really good when I used to play...though..I did tell him I havent played in such a long time! I sure hope I dont make a fool of myself lol Its been years since I touched a basketball.

Anyway..what does a girl wear to play basketball with the guy she is interested in?

Normally..you might dress a bit daggy, but..I dont want to look daggy lol.

Any suggestions? How to look cute while shooting hoops!

Last edited by Baby_hands; 08-17-2006 at 04:08 PM.

Old 08-17-2006, 06:46 PM   #2
(male)

black_lab HB User
Re: What to wear?!

That's a great way to get to know him! I'll try to give you a few suggestions, even though I'm colossally inexperienced at this sort of thing...

If I were you, I really don't think I'd put any make-up on... Maybe a touch of perfume, just to give him a very agreeable breeze whenever you run by him. I'd put my hair in a pony-tail or wear a headband, depending on the length of your hair. I'd try wearing some light workout clothes, maybe a little on the baggy side, with shorts and a t-shirt. I'd also wear some ankle-high socks along with nice runners.

That should do it! You're shooting hoops, so I really wouldn't expect anything too fancy from a girl...

Have fun, and good luck!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2006, 07:15 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User

no makeup...AT ALL? lol I can tell your a male on that comment alone!
Awe, i wear very natural makeup. Only a bit of foundation to cover any spots I might have, some mascara and chapstick. SURELY thats okay?! lol.

Thank you for your input. A headband sounds cute. I think I have one of those...

Old 08-17-2006, 08:33 PM   #4
(male)

black_lab HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_hands
no makeup...AT ALL? lol I can tell your a male on that comment alone!
Awe, i wear very natural makeup. Only a bit of foundation to cover any spots I might have, some mascara and chapstick. SURELY thats okay?! lol.
Well, I guess a little make-up wouldn't hurt...LOL. You're right though, that would be a pleasing combination. Hopefully, you'll be getting a few pointers from a female's perspective...

Old 08-18-2006, 01:34 AM   #5
(male)

minijumbofly HB User

Hmm...I guess things are different "down under". Do guys often pick interest from the opposite sex on a basketball court? or any other ball court?

Anyways, I wouldn't be too concerned about the attire as compared to what attitude and body langauge to wear. If I invited an opposite sex to come play (I do play B-ball myself), I will be watching her moves and you had better be will able to show him you CAN move.

I will be second guessing that he's the type that is more down to earth and and tactile in nature. How Do you dress for this type? Good luck!

Old 08-18-2006, 08:21 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User

Well...he is from Africa. So I am not sure.

Maybe its his way of...getting to know me..without actually calling it a date? We've only known each other for 3 weeks and I havent actually established 100% whether he IS interested. Just from my observation...and response I got on here when I shared my story. It seemed like he is. He has told me he is looking forward to getting to know me.

No guy has ever actually asked me to shoot hoops lol thats why I am clueless about this.

Its not the kind of thing we really do in Australia...just go and "shoot hoops".

Old 08-18-2006, 08:47 AM   #7
(male)

minijumbofly HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_hands
No guy has ever actually asked me to shoot hoops lol thats why I am clueless about this.

Its not the kind of thing we really do in Australia...just go and "shoot hoops".
LMAO, here I was, wondering if I was totally out dated when I was on the court.

Anyways, don't be too concern about your attire. Just wear a big smile and have some fun at the game. Good luck

Old 08-18-2006, 08:55 AM   #8
Inactive
(female)

mismax HB User

Don't worry about what to wear. Just be glad to enjoy his company for the time. Have fun getting to know him plus it's a great way to flirt! This will help you to understand if he is interested in you more than a friend. Keep us posted.

Closed Thread