It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 09:57 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User
Awe the mind games!

Oh the blimmin mind games! Mostly, games I put on myself.

See the problem is...sometimes...I regret things I say or do. Not something which is mean or offensive, but sometimes careless. Meaning, I probably didnt think about it too much before I said or did it!

When your interested in a guy who wants to do the iniating with a girl...these "is he or isnt he" games are a given in the beginning. Usually because they will take their time to get to know you first before making their interest known.

Anyway..my problem is...

I let this guy see the side of me that hadnt come out in a long time! I am generally a loud and outgoing person. But tonight..I was even more so. It was getting late and everyone in our group had alot of coffee..you know how it is. I got a little silly.Not immature, but a bit silly, alot of laughing and mucking around. He didnt seem to mind.

Anyway..i had mentioned that from my experience there seems to be 2 kind of Christian guys I come into contact with (I'm a Christian incase u dont know.. And I was saying this to the guy I like and a few other people.) There is the guy who is just too eager to have someone...and then there is the guy who is so focused on God he just isnt interested in any girl.

The guy knows I have had some trouble in the past..as I mentioned I had once before a guy at my bible college stalk me. He brings this back up often!

Afterwards I felt bad...so I said later sent a text message apologising and telling him that I wanted to make sure him and the others knew I wasnt referring to them..I was just making a comment about the guys I used to know of.

He sent me a reply saying "Nah, no worries Jaz! Its all good..."

I still feel like a total fool

Do you think...if he was interested...that he would not be offended by such a comment? Or..have a blown it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User
Re: Awe the mind games!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_hands
Anyway..i had mentioned that from my experience there seems to be 2 kind of Christian guys I come into contact with (I'm a Christian incase u dont know.. And I was saying this to the guy I like and a few other people.) There is the guy who is just too eager to have someone...and then there is the guy who is so focused on God he just isnt interested in any girl.
Why on earth would this comment be offensive to anyone, and specifically him?? Stop worrying, girl--you didn't say anything out of line at all.

Old 08-18-2006, 02:19 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

I agree...girl, you can't go around constantly worrying whether or not you said the wrong thing in front of someone. Be yourself, and express your opinions without regret! You do not want to get into the habit of sensoring yourself for anyone's sake, let alone a guy.

Quote:
It was getting late and everyone in our group had alot of coffee..you know how it is. I got a little silly.Not immature, but a bit silly, alot of laughing and mucking around.
Heh - if you too much coffee can do that to you, I'd hate to know what happens after a few beers Just joking, I get the idea you probably don't drink. That was cute though. I think most guys like an outgoing, playful, silly girl. Just keep being yourself, that is all I can say. I'm sure you've probably already got him charmed, so relax and have fun.

Old 08-18-2006, 06:19 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User

You are both right!

I'm proud of who I am! I like the fact that I'm very honest and not mousey!

Amen sisters! lol.

Oh btw, I love a good wine...champagne..or cocktail lol. I drink maybe once in a blue moon so I cant handle very much! One glass of wine and I'm shooting for the stars! I dont drink to excess though.

Last edited by Baby_hands; 08-18-2006 at 06:25 PM.

Old 08-19-2006, 04:15 AM   #5
(male)

minijumbofly HB User

I believe you are just a little too self consious without the coffee. But you must be a real blast to be around with after a drink Regrets or not later.

And OMG, a stalker from bible college, What is next?Don't tell me that this guy believes he is actually acting on the order of God.

Sadly, my personal encounters with many self proclaimed christians are disappointing at best. Even the ones that say God is before all are not without some dark secrets.

There is one more type of christian out there, the ones that believe that they can continue to do evil as long as they confess to it later and shall be forgiven.

You seemed to be an open minded and optimistic person. So why bother with all these wondering and what if stuff. Be yourself and be pround of everything you are. As they say, every soul is unique in it's own way.

So, get out there, throw yourself at them and just let them have it....so of speak

P.S. You might just be surprised if you look into it more. Many of the most Godly people I know don't even attend church, they just spend their time doing good deeds instead of preaching it.

Old 08-20-2006, 04:54 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User

So..here's the update:

He has since asked me to "shoot hoops" with him. He brought it up about 3 times after he mentioned it..so I assume he is pretty serious about us getting together this weekend to play ball!

I find that very interesting...its...a good way to get to know someone without having the official "date" tag. Clever. Cause who calls playing basketball together a date?

So I am awaiting that time to get to know him.

Also we were talking on MSN Messenger and he had asked me for a picture of myself when i was a child as he had shown me one of him. Then he asked me if I have any recent pictures that he can see...
He also wanted a copy of my display picture! (which was a recent one of me). I'll also clarify..that..we obviously know each other in person..we infact see each other AT LEAST twice a week.
Not really sure why hes so keen for pictures..hmm lol.

When we were at church tonight...we didnt spend HEAPS of time talking. Though we did hang out in the kitchen and talked a bit because we were rostered on together. But other than that....not too much contact. He hugged me a few times...one hug was very endearing from behind and it lasted for awhile!...But then another girl walked up right near us after he'd let go and he gave her a hug..though it didnt last aslong.
My intial thought it...he may have done that to "cover his tracks" lol but then another part of me says...Could I be totally wrong about his interest in me?

When we talk in person...it does seem like he is a little different....he seems MORE open with me on MSN Messenger. He will compliment me more and say really sweet things. I am assuming he may just be shy?

What do all ya'll older wiser women think!

Last edited by Baby_hands; 08-21-2006 at 01:47 AM.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:51 AM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User

bumpbumpbump

Closed Thread