It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2006, 03:52 PM   #1
(female)

Scarlett H HB User
Jeans w/rip in crotch, mean comment from DH...

Long story short, we were working around the house today, very dirty work, involving bleach...I didn't want to mess up anything good so I put on a pair of ripped out in the crotch jeans. I wasn't leaving the house and the only one here was my husband. After we had worked all day he said out of the blue," I wouldn't wear those jeans any more". I said "ok, well its not like I'm wearing them in public"...he said " whatever, they'er nasty." This hurt my feelings and surprised me . I'm young, in good shape, and well groomed in ALL areas so its not like cellulite and pubes were hanging out (sorry if TMI). I had on underware. I doubt any of his buddies would have found them the least bit nasty. Maybe he was just in a pissy mood, but now I don't even want to say anything to him. Do ya'll think I'm being too sensitive? Any insight would be greatly appreciated

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2006, 03:59 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Destea HB User
Re: Jeans w/rip in crotch, mean comment from DH...

Maybe a little sensitive, but I would probably feel the same way. Only, what I'd do is basically tell him it bugs me he used that tone. Whenever I feel like my fiance is getting out of line with a prissy comment, I let him know either right then, or a few hours later if I find it's still bugging me.

Tell him you really didn't think the comment was necessary, that it hurt your feelings, and you'd appreciate if he'd think a little more before opening his mouth should something hurtful come out :P That's pretty much what I do. Usually I get an explaination and realize I was feeling sensitive and he didn't mean what I had assumed, and then all is better.

Easy way to communication is to tell someone to shut their mouth when they're talkin' to you Haha, that's my newest response and usually gets a laugh AND shuts down any conversation I'm not in the mood at a given time to have.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2006, 04:06 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

I'd say something like "so what the H is up with you not liking me in those jeans...don't I turn you on anymore...we don't have to have sex ya know!" 'Cause that would have hacked me off! You would have thought that he would have liked that...most guys would have. Maybe he was afraid someone would drop by...that's the only thing I can think of.

Old 08-18-2006, 04:09 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

GypsyArcher HB User

LOL I'm laughing because my boyfriend has a favorite pair of jeans that have this big ol' hole in the butt. And he wears those out in public! (Although his T-shirts usually cover it up. But if he bends over or something...) I tell him the same thing, that is so nasty! Not nasty because his body is gross, but even the sexiest man alive would look kind of stupid wearing a pair of shorts with a giant hole in the rear. And especially because my boyfriend goes commando!

So I don't know why that would upset you so much...unless he said it in a really mean, nasty way?

Old 08-18-2006, 04:15 PM   #5
(female)

Scarlett H HB User

Thanks I apprieciate the quick replies. This is bugging the heck out of me. I wondering if I should feel like he is not turned on by me for some reason because he usually loves sneak peeks I'll gonna have to end up saying something or I won't be able to be real pleasant to him until we get this resolved

Old 08-18-2006, 05:45 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

brook65 HB User

Hi Scarlett

Personally, reading between the lines, I would say he was just trying to say (maybe not tactfully) that he was worried that someone would drop by and see you in them, and may get the wrong impression of you.

Or maybe if a friend of his dropped by, he would be embarrassed, or something to that effect.

I wouldn't make an issue out of it, I am sure it isn't because he has lost interest in you or anything like that.

Good luck

Old 08-18-2006, 06:41 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User

Oh I really think your being a bit sensitive. But thats how women are...you took that comment as an attack on how attractive you are..but really...he was attacking the jeans, not you.

He said the jeans were nasty, not you.

Personally, if I had a husband who wore those while working..I would say the same thing. Because...that is nasty! lol Its also quite funny.

Maybe mention it to him light-heartedly....he'll probably be very quick to correct you. Some men dont realise that we take most things to heart.

Remember...he said the jeans were nasty...not you.

Old 08-18-2006, 09:21 PM   #8
(female)

Scarlett H HB User

You've all made me feel a lot better! I went a head and threw the "cooter jeans" out. Thats what he called them tonight when I comfronted him. He said he finds me extreemly attractive, but a lady doesn't walk around with her "cooter hanging out"... guess he told me Thanks for the replies

Old 08-19-2006, 06:04 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

keepsgoin HB User

I guess the men that I've known are different then because they'd love me to work around the house with my ______ hanging out! In fact...they'd encourage it! Maybe they aren't as classy as your guy?

Last edited by keepsgoin; 08-19-2006 at 06:07 AM.

Old 08-19-2006, 03:49 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User

Maybe when he looked at the hole in the crotch he got nasty thoughts

Old 08-19-2006, 04:20 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

SophiaM HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdweller
Maybe when he looked at the hole in the crotch he got nasty thoughts
which distracted him from his work

Old 08-19-2006, 04:50 PM   #12
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

He said cooter................................RO F

Old 08-19-2006, 04:56 PM   #13
Inactive
(female)

cookiepls HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destea
Easy way to communication is to tell someone to shut their mouth when they're talkin' to you
Now that's just funny! I can't wait to get the chance to use that.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:44 PM   #14
Inactive
(male)

MysteriousGuy HB User

Too bad he didn't take advantage of that situation ....I just think it's pretty funny and cute having a wive walk around with her thing hanging out....plenty of ways to approach that situation and lead it to the bedroom!

Last edited by MysteriousGuy; 08-19-2006 at 06:44 PM.

Old 08-19-2006, 06:57 PM   #15
Senior Veteran
(female)

Baby_hands HB User

lol this is getting awkward this thread...

Closed Thread