It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Relationship Health Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2006, 12:35 AM   #1
(male)

bernster HB User
No longer sexualy attracted by my partner

I'm a pretty mature guy who has a lovely, good-looking, partner. She's kind and generous and very good to me. The problem is that I've just gone off sex with her (but not her with me, because she has a high sex drive). I'm straight and I find women very attractive, by and large. I am monogamous. It may be that I just don't love her enough or even some medication I am taking might have something to do with an apparent decreased libido. It's now painful to spend the night with her because I feel that I am forcing myself to be affectionate. We are both touchy-feely sort of people and I do like intimacy, but at the moment seem to have lost interest in having penetrative sex with her.

What should I do?

Old 08-21-2006, 12:51 AM   #2
(male)

ChinesePisces HB User
Re: No longer sexualy attracted by my partner

Please be more detailed in your case. What medication? Has anything happened in the past in the relationship? Despite how good she may look in many cases I have heard that some men who aren't interested in a woman despite her good looks coould not get in the "mood" to have sex.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2006, 03:18 AM   #3
(male)

bernster HB User

I am taking blood pressure tablets and the declared side effect can be "impotence or reduced sexual desire". We have broke up a few times because of life-style differences , but we have come back together I feel that I am living a lie.

Old 08-21-2006, 01:46 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

babe1973 HB User

Hi
I am sorry for your problems. It must be frustrating. I think that the problem comes from the fact that you have broken up before. This causes stress and can disturb libido.
Also the medication can be a big factor. Since the side-effects are noted, that must be it. I would say you talk to her about it. The more you force yourself into having sex, the less you will want her.

Good luck.

Old 08-21-2006, 05:01 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

desertdweller HB User

What do you mean by "lifestyle differences"?

Closed Thread